2024 Fedex St Jude WITB Photos ×

GolfWRX.com - Our Goals, purpose and general update...

easyyy

logo.jpg

Our Goals

Our forums have been created to serve many purposes. To be the best we have to provide the following...

* Most importantly we hope to achieve a non-biased home for golf enthusiasts to be able to come online and discuss an array of issues with confidence the membership and their moderators are giving them a spin free opinion.

* To provide more and better golf related information than any other web based golf site.

* To make this the most honest, friendly, and most respected golf forum on the web.

* OEMs (small or big) will see our site as non-biased and honest. One of our top priority goals is to have the OEMs see our site as the best place for them to showcase new technology, share insider information, provide clubs to test, etc.

To achieve these objectives we will manage the forums appropriately. Posting here is a privilege not a right. If members cannot abide by the rules we will warn the member first followed by suspension and then remove them from the site if problems continue to occur. In addition we will remove posts we feel inappropriate.

Preservation of an environment that is in line with the traditions of the game is the top priority. If a moderator or a member begins to negatively affect this culture, we will ask them to make the appropriate changes.

We believe in providing a clean environment for golfers to come together and discuss all issues related to the game. Our future is contingent upon our memberships involvement. If you didn't read, post replies, and start topics what would we have? If you are satisfied then we will be healthy. There are so many things we have in the works to make our site better than it is today. If you like what you see know just you wait, you wont be let down. Our recent partnership with the Golf Digest Publications is just another stepping stone. With in a few months we will improve our club review section to make the interface much easier for all of us to research equipment reviews and the specifications of the gear. We are always looking for suggestions to make GolfWRX a better community for the membership.

Ryan (Gxgolfer) and I are hopeful that we continue to make the right decisions to take us to the next level. Continue to improve our site and make the interface and content better than ever. Not charging the membership for full access and classifieds is also important. The Administrators/owners here have day jobs and are not trying to strike it rich through this site. We are here for the love of the game. We are here to provide the public and us what they desperately wanted and needed in this format. Us golf junkies that engage in these forums desperately deserve a clean unbiased place for all of us to go to and be PROUD of.

We are hopeful as our membership continue to grow as fast as it has we will continue to keep the clean atmosphere that we find today. Please help us by policing the site with us. If you see questionable material (profanity, negativity, bashing or general mean spirited conduct) that you press the "Violation" button and by doing that reports the violation to our Marshall's for removal. Members that continue to violate will be asked to remedy or leave. While we are an online community we work very very very hard to keep our site free of negativity, profanity, nudity, bias, spamming, religious, political or general conduct unbecoming. We have many Marshall's and members continuously helping us moderate our site. We have to keep it clean on topic for the long term health of our community. <<<< LINK TO RULES >>>>

Revenue sources for us to maintain our community have been an ongoing issue for us here. In an ongoing attempt to keep the site free for all members we have rolled out our new ClubWRX membership support program. We ask for $35.00 a year to support the site and in turn we created a bunch of discounts for online retailers and benefits that we believe can payback the fee in no time. We also are planning on continueing an ongoing raffle for all "ClubWRX" members. <<<< LINK TO CLUBWRX MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTION >>>> A win/win for the membership and for the community as a whole. Keeps us healthy. Between the ClubWRX membership support program and ad revenue we believe we can maintain the site ongoing.

clubwrxcharter.gif

Many of us spend a lot of time providing content to GolfWRX.com. We spend hours answering questions and asking them to. We feel some level of camaraderie to the membership and the website. We want to feel the leadership has integrity and strong values here. I hope through actions and our track record that Golfwrx.com will continue to impress you as it has so many members, publications and Manufacturers for years to come.

Richard

GolfWRX.com

[email protected]

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

logo.jpg

Our Goals

Our forums have been created to serve many purposes. To be the best we have to provide the following...

* Most importantly we hope to achieve a non-biased home for golf enthusiasts to be able to come online and discuss an array of issues with confidence the membership and their moderators are giving them a spin free opinion.

* To provide more and better golf related information than any other web based golf site.

* To make this the most honest, friendly, and most respected golf forum on the web.

* OEMs (small or big) will see our site as non-biased and honest. One of our top priority goals is to have the OEMs see our site as the best place for them to showcase new technology, share insider information, provide clubs to test, etc.

To achieve these objectives we will manage the forums appropriately. Posting here is a privilege not a right. If members cannot abide by the rules we will warn the member first followed by suspension and then remove them from the site if problems continue to occur. In addition we will remove posts we feel inappropriate.

Preservation of an environment that is in line with the traditions of the game is the top priority. If a moderator or a member begins to negatively affect this culture, we will ask them to make the appropriate changes.

We believe in providing a clean environment for golfers to come together and discuss all issues related to the game. Our future is contingent upon our memberships involvement. If you didn't read, post replies, and start topics what would we have? If you are satisfied then we will be healthy. There are so many things we have in the works to make our site better than it is today. If you like what you see know just you wait, you wont be let down. Our recent partnership with the Golf Digest Publications is just another stepping stone. With in a few months we will improve our club review section to make the interface much easier for all of us to research equipment reviews and the specifications of the gear. We are always looking for suggestions to make GolfWRX a better community for the membership.

Ryan (Gxgolfer) and I are hopeful that we continue to make the right decisions to take us to the next level. Continue to improve our site and make the interface and content better than ever. Not charging the membership for full access and classifieds is also important. The Administrators/owners here have day jobs and are not trying to strike it rich through this site. We are here for the love of the game. We are here to provide the public and us what they desperately wanted and needed in this format. Us golf junkies that engage in these forums desperately deserve a clean unbiased place for all of us to go to and be PROUD of.

We are hopeful as our membership continue to grow as fast as it has we will continue to keep the clean atmosphere that we find today. Please help us by policing the site with us. If you see questionable material (profanity, negativity, bashing or general mean spirited conduct) that you press the "Violation" button and by doing that reports the violation to our Marshall's for removal. Members that continue to violate will be asked to remedy or leave. While we are an online community we work very very very hard to keep our site free of negativity, profanity, nudity, bias, spamming, religious, political or general conduct unbecoming. We have many Marshall's and members continuously helping us moderate our site. We have to keep it clean on topic for the long term health of our community. <<<< LINKTO RULES >>>>

Revenue sources for us to maintain our community have been an ongoing issue for us here. In an ongoing attempt to keep the site free for all members we have rolled out our new ClubWRX membership support program. We ask for $35.00 a year to support the site and in turn we created a bunch of discounts for online retailers and benefits that we believe can payback the fee in no time. We also are planning on continueing an ongoing raffle for all "ClubWRX" members. <<<< LINK TO CLUBWRXMEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTION >>>> A win/win for the membership and for the community as a whole. Keeps us healthy. Between the ClubWRX membership support program and ad revenue we believe we can maintain the site ongoing.

clubwrxcharter.gif

Many of us spend a lot of time providing content to GolfWRX.com. We spend hours answering questions and asking them to. We feel some level of camaraderie to the membership and the website. We want to feel the leadership has integrity and strong values here. I hope through actions and our track record that Golfwrx.com will continue to impress you as it has so many members, publications and Manufacturers for years to come.

Richard

GolfWRX.com

[email protected]

That sums it up!

Thanks Richard for all that you, Ryan and the Mods do to make this a wonderful site. I proud to be a Golfwrx Charter Member.

Ping G430 Max 10.5° | Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 569
TaylorMade BRNR 13.5° | UST Mamiya ProForce 65

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 18° | Mitsubishi Kai'li Red 65

Srixon ZX MKII 22° & 25° | Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 70

Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal HL 6-GW | True Temper Dynamic Gold 95
Cleveland CBX2 54° & 58° | Rotex 90
PXG Battle Ready M16 Bat Attack

"Golf is assuredly a mystifying game. It would seem that if a person has hit a golf ball correctly a thousand times, he should be able to duplicate the performance at will. But such is certainly not the case." - Bobby Jones

I think GolfWRX now is the best golf forum on the internet.

We all know what happened at the other well known golf forum, which started out as a first rate place, but then the owners got greedy and wanted to make the website into a golf business and a golf shop - and now the members runs away from what could have been a great golf forum. All because of the crazy promotion of 3 club brands and a certain shaft brand.

This website now is what the other website could and should have been - thanks for that :D

I know that a lot of us once were/still are members of the "other site" - but I can tell you right now, that everyone prefer this golf forum over the other one - no doubt in my mind, and this is because of the freedom of speech in here and because of the way the website is run by Ryan and Richard.

When you made the design changes to the website, you listened to what we, the users/members, had to say - and the result was a website with a design that in my view is (almost) perfect and much better than any other golf forum website I know of :)

Although I have only been a member here a short time, I really enjoy this forum. It is hard to find a forum of your interests that has a good member base. My golf home is here and my weightlifting home is www.intensemuscle.com

I hope you don't mind the link, but it is a great forum for good nutritional information, which some members may benefit from. Thanks for a great golf forum.

Although I have only been a member here a very short time, I already recognize the quality of this site and it's membership. Because of that quality, I purchased a subscription tonight. I am happy to contribute to the success of this site which has already brought lots of helpful information, and even a smile or two, my way.

Best wishes for continued success!

Although I have only been a member here a short time, I really enjoy this forum. It is hard to find a forum of your interests that has a good member base. My golf home is here and my weightlifting home is www.intensemuscle.com

I hope you don't mind the link, but it is a great forum for good nutritional information, which some members may benefit from. Thanks for a great golf forum.

Who is that in your avatar? Intense site. :D

Well, i've almost been here a year, and feel like i know so much more about golf because of it. I've picked up on clubmaking knowledge, general swing knowledge, and the infamous TOUR equipment. Keep up the good work guys, and may golfwrx have many many great years ahead, i'll sure as hell drink to that. :D

We all know what happened at the other well known golf forum, which started out as a first rate place, but then the owners got greedy and wanted to make the website into a golf business and a golf shop - and now the members runs away from what could have been a great golf forum. All because of the crazy promotion of 3 club brands and a certain shaft brand.

This website now is what the other website could and should have been - thanks for that :bad:

I know that a lot of us once were/still are members of the "other site" - but I can tell you right now, that everyone prefer this golf forum over the other one - no doubt in my mind, and this is because of the freedom of speech in here and because of the way the website is run by Ryan and Richard.

When you made the design changes to the website, you listened to what we, the users/members, had to say - and the result was a website with a design that in my view is (almost) perfect and much better than any other golf forum website I know of :ok:

Well put. My thoughts exactly. This is a great site, I am happy to be a Charter Member. IMHO, this is the best golf site on the web. Thanks Mods!! :)

2023 WITB Driver: Titleist TSI3 9.0, Fuji Ventus TR 6x 3 Wood: Titleist TS2 15, Fuji Ventus 7x Hybrid: Titleist 818H2 21, Mitsu Tensei White 90S Irons: Titleist T100S 5-PW, DG TI 120 S400 Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 52, 56, 60, DG s300 Putter: SC Special Select Newport 34' 

This website now is what the other website could and should have been - thanks for that :)

When you made the design changes to the website, you listened to what we, the users/members, had to say - and the result was a website with a design that in my view is (almost) perfect and much better than any other golf forum website I know of :russian_roulette:

Well put. My thoughts exactly. This is a great site, I am happy to be a Charter Member. IMHO, this is the best golf site on the web. Thanks Mods!! :crazy:

That is what I am talkin about!!!

This website now is what the other website could and should have been - thanks for that ;)

When you made the design changes to the website, you listened to what we, the users/members, had to say - and the result was a website with a design that in my view is (almost) perfect and much better than any other golf forum website I know of :friends:

Well put. My thoughts exactly. This is a great site, I am happy to be a Charter Member. IMHO, this is the best golf site on the web. Thanks Mods!! :)

It is nice to hear. Sometimes as Mods and Administrators we hear about the bad things and the complaints more than the praise. It is good to hear from time to time. I think we as a group seem to be very happy about what we are doing here and all and all things are going fine.

We have had a hand full of members that were very unhappy and tell me there is a double standard here where Mods and admins get to bump there posts and there is a feeling of us strong arming the membership. I hope that feeling isn't shared with many more than a hand full here. Our approach here at WRX is to take the high road and be here for the membership. I would hate to think we are slipping into another mode. Our tact with membership is important. We never want to turn our great board into something that you are not proud of.

Richard

To all,

This forum is outstanding and I'd be hard pressed to tell you what you could do better other than providing free clubs built by Joe Kwok to all the members.

I have had great BST transactions, fantastic support when one went bad, and I have TRULY appreciated the work the MODS have done on the site. SAKMAN and Kiran, and others have been outstanding, and I consider them friends, just like the many guys I correspond with on this site in the many threads.

The Swing Fitness section always provides a good read, and I am truly happy to be beyond all the Tour equipment bullsh%t. If you want a tour bag, have Joe Kwok work on any stick for you...then its your "tour" stick.

Top notch and I only visit other forums to browse their BST's and at that very seldom anymore. (this part is Kwoks fault, he killed the club whore in me).

Joe

Driver: Wilson Dynapower Carbon 10.5 GD AD DI 5S
Fairway Woods: Wilson Dynapower 5 & 7 Wood  GD AD DI 6S

Irons: Wilson Dynapower Forged 4-GW (Bead-Blasted) Modus 105 S

Wedges: Wilson Staff ZM Raw 54/08 58/06 Modus Wedge Flex 115s
Putter: LAB Mezz Max 

• 11 months later...

This is the best golf forum on the internet period. It's the best because of the high standards it operates by. Keep up the great work.

TM Qi10 Max - Diamana T60
Callaway Ai Smoke 3HL, 7W - GD Tour AD VR-7

Titleist T350 5 - MMT95

Titleist T200 6-PW - MMT105

Titleist T150 GW - MMT105

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack 52,56,60
SC Super Select Squareback 2
Bridgestone Tour B RXS