2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Golf vlogging

2Maybe3Putt

Thinking about starting a golf vlog on YouTube. I'm extremely far from pro status but love the game of golf and always have a blast every week playing with my buddy. Especially once the beers start flowing. Anyways anybody have any advice on a recorder that's got good quality but a good price. I've thought of getting a GoPro hero 5 but only feature it's lacking is zoom which would make it hard to zoom in on my slice. Lol. Anybody have any personal suggestions. All the help is greatly appreciated I would love to share my rounds, drinking, lols, and my outside of the box playing with golf enthusiasts.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what equipment they use but Finch, Sheils and Crossfield's cameras seem to get the job done. They may have it documented somewhere.

One thing that seems to make a difference for me is zooming in on the shot so you get to see it down. When vlogs are done with a camera that does not have sufficient zoom to see the ball at 300+ yards it really detracts from the quality. When they zoom anyway just to have you stare at a zoomed fairway it's just sad. I'd rather they didn't even try.

For a while Andy Carter's camera didn't get it done but I think he has a new one now that does.

Add as many Pro Tracer shots as you can, some entertaining banter and good golf shot occasionally and you'll do well.

HTH

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

For something portable, but maybe lacking zoom I'd look into the Canon G7x or Sony RX100. Both are great in terms on built in camera stabilization. I would look at getting a wind muff for both.

Something a little pricier, but bulkier look into mirrorless cameras. Panasonic GH5 or Sony A6500 are great options. GH5 has a flip out screen so you can frame your shots. You can swap lenses for whatever you're shooting (wide angle or zoom would be great options). Additionally you can get a wireless mic for better audio or a shotgun mic which sits on top of the camera for improved audio.

You mean to record your actual round? No offense, but why would anybody besides yourself watch that?

Ever heard of Twitch? People watch other people play video games all day...it's a sad world we live in.

This is my youngest brothers generation. Everyone has this inflated sense of self importance. "people would love to tune in and watch me do x,y,z". No, trust me....no one give a single F*** what you are doing. I blame Facebook, twitter, etc.

You mean to record your actual round? No offense, but why would anybody besides yourself watch that?

Ever heard of Twitch? People watch other people play video games all day...it's a sad world we live in.

This is my youngest brothers generation. Everyone has this inflated sense of self importance. "people would love to tune in and watch me do x,y,z". No, trust me....no one give a single F*** what you are doing. I blame Facebook, twitter, etc.

you will be surprised how much people make by streaming the video on what they are EATING. I mean just eating food. but simply, there is a demand for it. so people give many F***s.

no need for blame game though. it is just cultural difference and valuation. self-production contents are trending subjects with all improved technology.

but like always, everyone has its own opinion for the subject matter.

I recorded a round earlier this year using my iPhone 6S and a small tripod. The quality of the video was pretty good, I did it for an upcoming "Bucket List" course and I wanted to have some fun with the video as well. I suffered a minor yet still lingering knee issue so I didn't get to make the trip when I wanted to, I am hoping to do it in Sept once it's cooler again.

I don't have aspirations of being a "Youtuber" but I do have a wicked/dirty sense of humor so there would be some comedy to mask the hacker style of golf. I have really increased my usage on Instagram posting golf related (and other) pics as I enjoy photography.

Here is my Youtube page SOLELY to see the quality of the iPhone's video, do NOT judge my swing as it was after a 7mth layoff.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSBtiK6u65MIjND612-C54g

Callaway B21 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70S (Callaway RFE 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70s backup)
RFE 16.5* 4 wood Diamana Kai'Li 80S
RFE 21.5* 7 wood UST V2 Tour 86gr
Apex 4/Apex Pro 5-PW H45 heads Aerotech i110
Callaway MD3 52-10/58-09 S Grind
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 2016

Instagram Link
https://www.instagram.com/michaelfrederickphotography/?hl=en
[twitter]BigDudeGuy72[/twitter]

you will be surprised how much people make by streaming the video on what they are EATING. I mean just eating food. but simply, there is a demand for it. so people give many F***s.

no need for blame game though. it is just cultural difference and valuation. self-production contents are trending subjects with all improved technology.

but like always, everyone has its own opinion for the subject matter.

LOL dude I have seen this...it's insane. Some kid in Asia makes bank off streaming himself eating dinner. Unbelievable.

Thanks for the feed back negativity is expect as always I bet you leave negative comments on random YouTube videos..... like I said I would love to do it cause every outing is something new I'm not a pro will never be one but might as well give something for people to watch and enjoy.... shiels is a hell of a player but there is always laughs included so why wouldn't I be able to do the same

People watch guys like Crossfield, Finch and Devore because they bring something to the table for example being a pro, playing with pga tour players or having well known instructors on thr channel. More than likely no one wants to watch you "get the drinks flowing" while you "play outside the box golf" whatever that means.

But if you do make sure the audio and editing are top notch.