2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Thoughts on Callaway's Junior.Club?

mgoofy24

Hi All -

My 6 year old is really getting into golf this summer. The First Tee program is sparking a pretty big interest in him. He currently has a set of Amazon clubs (Confidence Junior), but I've been looking and am quite curious about Callaway's new subscription based model, Junior.Club. It looks like they are able to better trim shafts to a narrower height range, and the clubs might be of better quality. For $15 a month, it also comes with the upside of not having to sell off/give away the clubs when he outgrows them (you ship them back, they send you the next size up).

Anyways, just wondering if anyone here has tried them out yet. Please let me know.

Thanks!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Get into US Kids and/or Flynn ASAP. OEM Jr clubs are really off on their specs because they are trying to cover too wide an age range. Driver might be too long, and then the irons might be gaped to weird. Not to mention the shafts are horrible. Go ultra lights or Flynn until their game and SS warrant something better.

If you don't have to buy new clubs every other year but send the back, it is a win win.

Kids will grow so fast... the Callaway are meant for the kids to be able to grow into them. I like the fact that they cover a variety of ages/height.

If not US Kids main focus is in their name, so you can't go wrong.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

If you don't have to buy new clubs every other year but send the back, it is a win win.

Kids will grow so fast... the Callaway are meant for the kids to be able to grow into them. I like the fact that they cover a variety of ages/height.

The Callaway Jr. clubs are awful.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

Cool... I picked up a used set of kids clubs from goodwill. They do their job.. my kiddo is 6 and can hit the ball left, right and straight. No clubs at that age are going to help or hurt her... my opinion for my kid.

If she gets more involved and doesn't think it is boring like she did yesterday then I will further look into it. However, at this moment, I would hesitant to buy Callaway 5-9 pink set.

protos F4

Cool... I picked up a used set of kids clubs from goodwill. They do their job.. my kiddo is 6 and can hit the ball left, right and straight. No clubs at that age are going to help or hurt her... my opinion for my kid.

If she gets more involved and doesn't think it is boring like she did yesterday then I will further look into it. However, at this moment, I would hesitant to buy Callaway 5-9 pink set.

Glad she likes them. In this sport you can't purchase clubs for kids to grow into. Clubs to grow into being too long and too heavy promote poor fundamentals which will result in a poor swing. Not only do Callaway junior clubs not fit, they also just aren't very well made. Every kid will get more out of US Kids or Flynn.

Glad she likes them. In this sport you can't purchase clubs for kids to grow into. Clubs to grow into being too long and too heavy promote poor fundamentals which will result in a poor swing. Not only do Callaway junior clubs not fit, they also just aren't very well made. Every kid will get more out of US Kids or Flynn.

As I said in my original post, US KIDS is good brand and he can't go wrong.

Fundamentals are important and for parents who are supporting kids from this young and up need to educate themselves on the different options.

So thanks for the insight and information because this is the place for this. But lets not forget it is a place for all ideas and opinions as well.

protos F4

As I said in my original post, US KIDS is good brand and he can't go wrong.

Fundamentals are important and for parents who are supporting kids from this young and up need to educate themselves on the different options.

So thanks for the insight and information because this is the place for this. But lets not forget it is a place for all ideas and opinions as well.

Maybe you should take this post into consideration before posting that the Callaway Junior Clubs are good clubs.

For parents looking for clubs that their kids will grow (starter set) without buying a different set after a growth spurt... yes they are.

For parents thinking their kid is the next TW, Lydia Ko, etc. then they will research and buy whats best for them. No matter if its US kids or PXG.

US Kids is a great brand but other OEM offer clubs as well. To say a set of clubs is better comes down to opinion, which we all have.

I never knocked your information nor recommendation.

Lets just leave at here because Im not trying to act like a 6 year old.

protos F4

For parents looking for clubs that their kids will grow (starter set) without buying a different set after a growth spurt... yes they are.

For parents thinking their kid is the next TW, Lydia Ko, etc. then they will research and buy whats best for them. No matter if its US kids or PXG.

US Kids is a great brand but other OEM offer clubs as well. To say a set of clubs is better comes down to opinion, which we all have.

Good clubs at junior age comes down to proper length and weight. Yes, you are acting like a 6 year old when they are told they are wrong. This isn't opinion. Callaway and all OEM junior clubs struggle in two departments. They struggle in making a proper length clubs and they struggle in making a properly weighted club for kids. They also struggle in making products that are not toys. The best clubs out there for juniors are Flynn and US Kids. If you are putting them into anything else, you are really doing your child a disservice when it comes to learning this game with proper equipment, even at 6 years old.

Good clubs at junior age comes down to proper length and weight. Yes, you are acting like a 6 year old when they are told they are wrong. Callaway and all OEM junior clubs struggle in two departments. They struggle in making a proper length club and they struggle in making a properly weighted club for kids. They also struggle in making products that are not toys. The best clubs out there for juniors are Flynn and US Kids. If you are putting them into anything else, you are really doing your child a disservice when it comes to learning this game with proper equipment, even at 6 years old.

Thank you for enlightening me.

Never said you were wrong about the oem clubs.

I'm just in the camp that likes the fact you get years out of a set. My kid is six and playing with clubs that are designed for her age from goodwill.

So obviously I'm not looking at the future of golfing for my kid. She has fun and that's all that matters. She is swinging her swing and smiling.

If she ever tells me she wants more or wants to take golf serious... then we will look into this or that.

Have a good day

protos F4

Good clubs at junior age comes down to proper length and weight. Yes, you are acting like a 6 year old when they are told they are wrong. Callaway and all OEM junior clubs struggle in two departments. They struggle in making a proper length club and they struggle in making a properly weighted club for kids. They also struggle in making products that are not toys. The best clubs out there for juniors are Flynn and US Kids. If you are putting them into anything else, you are really doing your child a disservice when it comes to learning this game with proper equipment, even at 6 years old.

I'm just in the camp that likes the fact you get years out of a set. My kid is six and playing with clubs that are designed for her age from goodwill.

So obviously I'm not looking at the future of golfing for my kid. She has fun and that's all that matters. She is swinging her swing and smiling.

If she ever tells me she wants more or wants to take golf serious... then we will look into this or that.

Have a good day

It's impossible to get "years" out of a set unless you have your kid playing the wrong size/weight club for many of those years. That's not an opinion, it's just a fact. My son has been playing for 3 years, and he is on his third set. Started with Top Flite 46"-52" and outgrew them at 48". Bought the Cobra 53" and up and got 1 season out of them before certain clubs got too short, whippy and just plain wore out. He plays once a week, has a lesson once a week, and practices 1-3 a week. So needed some better quality and fit by way USK Tour and OEM woods/putter.

Have a good day

It's impossible to get "years" out of a set unless you have your kid playing the wrong size/weight club for many of those years. That's not an opinion, it's just a fact. My son has been playing for 3 years, and he is on his third set. Started with Top Flite 46"-52" and outgrew them at 48". Bought the Cobra 53" and up and got 1 season out of them before certain clubs got too short, whippy and just plain wore out. He plays once a week, has a lesson once a week, and practices 1-3 a week. So needed some better quality and fit by way USK Tour and OEM woods/putter.

Exactly my point.

My son started playing when he was 5 and is now 12. The longest he used one set of clubs was a year and a half. I have 5 sets of clubs in the closet and he is on his 6th set.

That's awesome!

My kid is not advance.

So mileage may vary. Like I said her used goodwill set that is for her "age " works good.

If she ever gets more involved other than an occasional chip and putt then I'll look more.

I fit a good junior for an Epic driver with a 5 wood shaft. So I know there is ways around getting oem clubs to fit and work good.

Golf is a great game and there are different level...my kiddo is not even on level.

She got her first official bogey the other day -- proud moment.

protos F4

That's awesome!

My kid is not advance.

So mileage may vary. Like I said her used goodwill set that is for her "age " works good.

If she ever gets more involved other than an occasional chip and putt then I'll look more.

I fit a good junior for an Epic driver with a 5 wood shaft. So I know there is ways around getting oem clubs to fit and work good.

Golf is a great game and there are different level...my kiddo is not even on level.

At 6 you have her in the right sport. Now get her a set of US Kids UL clubs.... LOL

That's awesome!

My kid is not advance.

At 6 you have her in the right sport. Now get her a set of US Kids UL clubs.... LOL

If her attention span was better and wasn't as hard headed as her dad.. maybe ;).

It was her first time actually trying on a golf course ..little chip and putt. Wanted to see how she did with slow play, etc.

Probably go walk 9 sometime this summer and see how she does. She is competitive but have to bring it down to her level... best score for ice cream.

* sidenote*

We tied on that hole too.. dang 56 yard par 3s ;)

protos F4