Shot Scope V2 - GPS Watch with Tracking

So far the watch seems a bit cheap to be honest. It’s like something from 1990. Screen is tiny but the watch as a whole is huge.

Went outside and wait for a few minutes for it to connect to satellites and it never did. Also the time and date are way off. There’s nothing in the menu to set the time either.

it can take a while to connect to the satellite for the first time, after the first time it gets quicker. The watch set the time from the satellite when it connects the first time

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far the watch seems a bit cheap to be honest. It’s like something from 1990. Screen is tiny but the watch as a whole is huge.

Went outside and wait for a few minutes for it to connect to satellites and it never did. Also the time and date are way off. There’s nothing in the menu to set the time either.

it can take a while to connect to the satellite for the first time, after the first time it gets quicker. The watch set the time from the satellite when it connects the first time

I wondered if that would happen for the time and date hopefully.

So far it has yet to find satellites. I set it down outside and it never found any. What does it do once it finds satellites? I assume it’s something obvious?

My understanding is it will only sync to GPS at a golf course. I will second the concerns about the fit and finish. It seems durable enough but it really seems like they need some engineering talent around the design of the watch. The watch itself is surprisingly thick and charging has been pretty agonizingly slow. I like the band material better than v1 but the way it lays on the wrist seems odd. It fits me fine but I suspect larger wristed amongst us may have an issue. I did get the watch to sync with the desktop but not my android on my first go round. Im playing tomorrow morning so I'll get a sense of the performance.

My batch in the UK is delayed:

Hello,

We’re getting in touch to give you an updated shipping date for your Shot Scope V2.

Unfortunately, we have been forced to delay shipping, which was scheduled for the 1st of December, until on or before the 15th of December. We know this isn’t the news you were hoping for and we are really sorry to have to disappoint you with this delay. For all customers in the UK, the rest of Europe and the United States of America, we guarantee that your order will still arrive in time for Christmas.

The first batches of V2s were also delayed after a flaw was discovered with the screens. We changed to a new supplier and have worked closely with them to get the process up to speed. Unfortunately, they have been unable to accelerate to the volume required within this short time period and the screens will not arrive in time for your shipping date.

Everyone at Team Shot Scope would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your belief in the product, your patience during the pre-order period and your understanding that even with the best preparation in the world, things still don’t always go to plan!

We will send you an email on the 6th of December with your payment code that will allow you to complete your order. We apologize for this delay and are working closely with our manufacturing partners to make sure your V2 is with you as soon as possible.

If you have any questions please contact us by replying to this email or send us a message to [email protected].

Thank you for your continued support, we can’t wait to open the V2 Club very soon!

Team Shot Scope

My batch in the UK is delayed:

Hello,

We’re getting in touch to give you an updated shipping date for your Shot Scope V2.

Unfortunately, we have been forced to delay shipping, which was scheduled for the 1st of December, until on or before the 15th of December. We know this isn’t the news you were hoping for and we are really sorry to have to disappoint you with this delay. For all customers in the UK, the rest of Europe and the United States of America, we guarantee that your order will still arrive in time for Christmas.

The first batches of V2s were also delayed after a flaw was discovered with the screens. We changed to a new supplier and have worked closely with them to get the process up to speed. Unfortunately, they have been unable to accelerate to the volume required within this short time period and the screens will not arrive in time for your shipping date.

Everyone at Team Shot Scope would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your belief in the product, your patience during the pre-order period and your understanding that even with the best preparation in the world, things still don’t always go to plan!

We will send you an email on the 6th of December with your payment code that will allow you to complete your order. We apologize for this delay and are working closely with our manufacturing partners to make sure your V2 is with you as soon as possible.

If you have any questions please contact us by replying to this email or send us a message to [email protected].

Thank you for your continued support, we can’t wait to open the V2 Club very soon!

Team Shot Scope

Received that too - on the fence about completing the order.

I wondered if that would happen for the time and date hopefully.

So far it has yet to find satellites. I set it down outside and it never found any. What does it do once it finds satellites? I assume it’s something obvious?

when it found the satellites nothing happened bar changing to the menu screen and setting the correct time The gps function for you courses loaded only works when at the golf course, then the name of the golf course will appear.

Not sounding great so far, glad I didn't pre-order, but will wait for an extended view before deciding on this.

In the Bag

Driver - 2017 Taylormade M1 460

3W - Titleist TS3 14.25º

Srixon ZX-U 18° Iron bent 1° weak - KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 85g

Irons - Taylormade P770 - N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 120, 2º flat

Wedges - 50° Vokey SM7, 54° Vokey SM7, 60° TM HiToe/60° Callaway MD3 PM Grind

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

So I had a 10:30 tee time today and had the watch all charged up. After hitting balls I went to the putting green and turned it on. Never connected and I left it on and looking for satellites till hold 16 or 17 gave up.

I had an 8:00am tee time, turned on the watch about 20mins prior to the start time. Synced with GPS within 10 mins, and proved accurate during the round. Did you preload the course first?

One drawback was mine did not automatically change holes, I had to do it manually, which I forgot on several times. Other than that, it performed as promised. I had about 50% of charge left after the round.

My watch synced fairly quickly and was working pretty good. But it quit recording scores after the 7th hole (I didn't realize this until after the round and after I synced it with the app), even though it continued to ask my putting strokes and showed me yardage. I'm not too happy about this... hopefully it gets better. So far, I'd say my Garmin X40 is better, but hopefully this Shotscope improves.

Got mine today via USPS. Again, Customer Service has been extremely responsive (other than dragging on refunding my $ (due to their screwed-up pre-order/completion process).

I will say...high-end hardware. I am impressed with the quality of the product itself.

Their manual? Throw it in the trash! Absolutely NO mention of how/if tags connect to 'watch'. Bluetooth connectivity was confusing (at best).

Like I said, hardware is impressive & worthy of what I paid. But from reading previous posts, I'm worried about the software...which is what is supposed to DRIVE this product.

I'm in Indiana, so I'm unsure about weather & my chances to play before April 2018...we shall see.

I haven't been able to try mine out yet. Hopefully they can fix some of these issues with firmware updates.

The reviews on V1 are very good. I imagine it's just a matter of a few software updates and V2 will work fine.

.... I hope

You and me both!

So I had a 10:30 tee time today and had the watch all charged up. After hitting balls I went to the putting green and turned it on. Never connected and I left it on and looking for satellites till hold 16 or 17 gave up.

I had an 8:00am tee time, turned on the watch about 20mins prior to the start time. Synced with GPS within 10 mins, and proved accurate during the round. Did you preload the course first?

One drawback was mine did not automatically change holes, I had to do it manually, which I forgot on several times. Other than that, it performed as promised. I had about 50% of charge left after the round.

Yes, I made sure to preload a few of the courses around me that I play. Two of which were where I played Friday and Saturday. Same thing both days. Turned it on and waited. And waited. Yesterday it finally died while trying to connect.

I have very little patience when it comes to things like this. Don’t release your product if it doesn’t work correctly. Reminds me of pretty much every single SkyCaddie release. Plagued by issues and QC problems.

Yes, I made sure to preload a few of the courses around me that I play. Two of which were where I played Friday and Saturday. Same thing both days. Turned it on and waited. And waited. Yesterday it finally died while trying to connect.

I have very little patience when it comes to things like this. Don’t release your product if it doesn’t work correctly. Reminds me of pretty much every single SkyCaddie release. Plagued by issues and QC problems.

I agree, don't ask me to buy your product at near full price then expect me to beta test it for you. This device and software was not ready for consumer release, given how late they ended up getting it out, they should have made sure everything worked.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I'm assuming it's automatically supposed to change holes?

In the Bag

3W - Titleist TS3 14.25º

I'm assuming it's automatically supposed to change holes?

Yes, but it was an error on my part, I was using the GPS mode. Today I used the GPS+Tracking mode and the holes automatically advanced. When I first used the watch yesterday, i thought the GPS button was to sync with the satellites, and I could then select the tracking mode. The documentation that came with the watch was not very informative, I had to go to their website and view the tutorials.

Game Golf Live for $80 is looking pretty good right now.

Where is it $80?

Yes, but it was an error on my part, I was using the GPS mode. Today I used the GPS+Tracking mode and the holes automatically advanced. When I first used the watch yesterday, i thought the GPS button was to sync with the satellites, and I could then select the tracking mode. The documentation that came with the watch was not very informative, I had to go to their website and view the tutorials.

Ahh okay thanks.

In the Bag

3W - Titleist TS3 14.25º

Game Golf Live for $80 is looking pretty good right now.

Where is it $80?

Ahh okay thanks.

Budget Golf had it at $99 and there was a coupon code that brought it down to $80 on Black Friday

I played my round on Friday without issue. I was very happy with the GPS yardages. It seemed to work about the same as my V1 in terms of experience. I do think the battery life is probably not sufficient to do two rounds in one day without charging and the speed of charging would make that an issue. I finished my round in about 3 hours with 50% battery left. Overall happy enough with it just want the stats updated

I tried it again yesterday. The watch found the GPS satellites fairly quickly, and seemed to be operating normally. However, when I went to sync with the app and transfer the round stats, it only captured 9 holes (purely random holes... 3 on the front and 6 on the back). And not a single hole had tallied the correct number of strokes. Very frustrated with this product... everything seems okay when I start my round, it's showing me GPS yardages, asking me my number of putting strokes, moving automatically to the next hole. However, when I finish it's like it was never really working. So I'm at a loss right now...

I’ve used twice, and both times the round is missing holes and strokes. I need to edit most holes to get score and club used correct. I have sent a message to customer support describing the problems, received a confirmation email saying that I’ll get a response soon. I’ve got another round scheduled for tomorrow, and will try to better detail the issues for customer support.

So I played yesterday and was all ready to come in here and post about it not syncing my round despite it looking like everything worked great during the round. I was on my PC doing it through the app and it wasnt showing on my dashboard but when I checked this morning it was there. It recorded every shot and was the exact same experience I had had with V1 so I am happy with mine so far but going to keep a close eye on it.

Played by myself in about 2 hours 15 minutes and the battery was at 60% left. Just waiting on the updated stats package

I only have one full round and a couple of 9 hole rounds with it so far but I like it. The GPS on the watch seems to be very accurate.

I definitely have to do a little post round editing especially on holes where I brush in a gimme or hit a quick shot. I've also had to edit a few flag positions even when I hit pincollect.

I'm not the fastest player out there but I'm definitely more fast than slow. I think it makes sense that it would record more accurately if I stop for a while and take a bunch of practice swings/strokes before every shot but unless I'm playing in a tournament I don't always do that.

I've never used another shot tracking system but I would say if you don't mind a little post round editing this is a good product. I'm happy with it.