2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Pain Killers

gmlee86

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After dealing with torn up knees from snowboarding, I don't leave home without Aleve.

I don't usually need it, but when I do, it gets the job done. If you are talking about any injury/ailment involving swelling, avoid Tylenol. IIRC it is not an anti-inflamatory, whereas aspirin, motrin, and Aleve are.

What do you guys keep a bottle of in your bag? I keep 800 MG pills of Ibuprofen (Motrin) but they take a little while to kick into effect. Is there anything out there that will work a little quicker, say, in maybe half hour or less?

Are you referring to legal or illegal drugs. First of all, 800 mg tablets of ibuprofen are by prescription only, and anything that would work quicker would be by prescription only also, that is unless you buy them off the street corner.

Aspirin, tylenol or ibuprofen are the only pain medication that can be bought over-the-counter, and all others you will need a Dr's prescription to fill.

The biggest thing about discussing things like this on GolfWRX is what are we trying to say here....If a guy or gal is hurt, then why play when your best choice is to rest and let the hurt heal. Talking about pain relievers and what works best doesn't sound like it's in the best interest of our community here. Just because you can buy something over the counter doesn't mean that it is safe either.

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

People use all sorts of things to get them through a round. I know a few who take aspirin to help loosen up and get the blood flowing. Aleve works fast but, it can be too strong for some. As always, consult a doc first to see what they say.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

People use all sorts of things to get them through a round. I know a few who take aspirin to help loosen up and get the blood flowing. Aleve works fast but, it can be too strong for some. As always, consult a doc first to see what they say.

Totally agree, however, if your SS is over 110, you will have some ache and pain.

I use advil sometimes, after breakfast, before going to the golf course, I'd pop 1 or 2 200mg.

It realy depends, if I were feeling OK that day, I'd not take any.

Of course, always keep spare in the golf bag.

What do you guys keep a bottle of in your bag? I keep 800 MG pills of Ibuprofen (Motrin) but they take a little while to kick into effect. Is there anything out there that will work a little quicker, say, in maybe half hour or less?

Are you referring to legal or illegal drugs. First of all, 800 mg tablets of ibuprofen are by prescription only, and anything that would work quicker would be by prescription only also, that is unless you buy them off the street corner.

Aspirin, tylenol or ibuprofen are the only pain medication that can be bought over-the-counter, and all others you will need a Dr's prescription to fill.

The biggest thing about discussing things like this on GolfWRX is what are we trying to say here....If a guy or gal is hurt, then why play when your best choice is to rest and let the hurt heal. Talking about pain relievers and what works best doesn't sound like it's in the best interest of our community here. Just because you can buy something over the counter doesn't mean that it is safe either.

Sorry if this kind of discussion wasn't allowed or was thought of to be focused in the wrong direction, but I was aiming towards legal over the counter pain killers. I'm only taking the 800mg ibuprofens (usually half of one or a whole one when im hurting real bad) because my dad prescribes them to himself due to his bad back pains when he plays and keeps them in his bag. I'm not carrying anything in my bag at the moment since I usually play when he plays, but recently my left wrist has been getting a little sore from hitting off mats on the range over the past week and wanted some opionions on what other golfers use when they're aching. I'd ask my dad but im sure he'd recommend the ibuprofen since he has it on hand but from past experiences it usually took about an hour to kick in which is usually towards the end of my practice session since I tend to go spontaneously and never at a scheduled time.

That's a good point GX. I'm not a small guy (6'4" and ~230) and for everything but a full day of snowboarding (again, long term abuse of the knees = need for profalactic anti-inflammatory and pain reliever), I generally only need 1 Aleve.

I know I am an old fogie. but the informercial you see on tv about oste-bioflex. It really works. I have a partially detached right knee cap. And at times I was having trouble walking straight, much going up stairs or hitting balls. So i tried it. It takes about a month to work. Not in the 7 days like the paid informats on tv say it does. I have been taking it about a year and half now. Beware though, the pills are very large. Kinda hard to swallow sometimes.

Knob Creek ;)

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

I used to use Muscle Milk, Amino Vital, Osteo-Bi-Flex, and Condroiton. No More

Scrapped all that mess and expense and now I am strictly using Mona Vie "Active" Formula. I have never felt better during a single or multi round day since I put myself on this "Fruit in a Bottle"

Best thing I have ever done for myself ever!!

Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
Titleist Prov1x

Listen and listen hard to the Boom Bapp. He knows what he is talking about. I know from 1st hand experience as well.

You really need to try MonaVie. I'm 42 and used to swallow advil/aleve like candy playing golf and recovering from lower back pain. Also was in car accident in July and only spent 2 wks at chiropractor because of the MonaVie I had started taking end of June. Has glucosamine and esterified fatty acids(Omega 3,6,9) for joint lubrication and to help maintain healthy joint function. And the fatty acids are a natural pain reliever. Plus it has acai berry the #1 super food in the world according to Dr. Perricone who has touted it on Oprah's show. And add 18 other blended fruits and you can't go wrong. So safe I give to my 4 kids every morning and night. They make an Original formula with no glucosamine or fatty acids. They get their 10 fruit servings a day in 2oz a day. Can't beat that.

Check it out at www.monavie.com or my website at www.mymonavie.com/rfsenterprises

$39 a bottle plus shipping? Ya right! Welch's 100% grape juice, $3.99 a gallon! I'll stick with the Welch's.

;)

LOL.......YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW WRONG YOU ABSOLUTLY ARE

Your $3.99 a gallon is full of a sugar filled, additive laced, chemically altered, NON-nutritious cocktail of purple fluid that benefits only Welch's pockets and not you. You are spending so much out of pocket on Fruit produce and deficient supplements and the sacks of fruit you buy at the store. Fruit today has dropped in nutritional value and will spoil before you get a chance to benefit from it, you would absolutely have to eat every piece of fruit you just bought that day to get the value provided to you from 1 - 2 ounce serving of Mona Vie that is already prepared for you and on average is equal to or cheaper than what you are doing at this very moment. The cost of drinking to a healthier you using Mona Vie is $3.00 to $4.00 a day. You have exceeded that already.

The Breakdown:

Mona Vie =

Contains -

açai, white grape, nashi pear, acerola, pear, aronia, purple grape, cranberry, passion fruit, banana, apricot, prune, kiwi, blueberry, bilberry, camu camu, wolfberry, pomegranate, and lychee fruit. All are recognized as Super foods that are grown "WILD" in the rainforest of the Amazon that are high in nutrition, Anti-oxidants, and phytonutriants that fight "Free-Radicals" in the body and together, their synergistic effect reaches far beyond what any single fruit could accomplish EVER! Mona Vie Slows the aging process down and rebuilds those cells so the body can burn cleaner nutrients and regenerate new cells throughout the body adding to vitality and over all improved body function and lifestyle.

1 - 1 ounce serving of Mona Vie provide 8 servings of fruit according to the RDA with 10x's the Anti-oxidant potency of Red Wine and 750% more potent that any other fruits and that is just the Acai Berry alone, you have 18 other super foods that provide their own benefit and attributes that you will not get anywhere else in the world unless you take a trip to Brazil and pick them yourself then spend all that time and money to chop it, peel it, juice it, and then finally drink it.

Welch's =

Contains -

Real Grape juice with added Sweeteners (such as sugar and corn syrup, for flavor) Citric acid (to balance sweetness) Other ingredients (such as flavor, color and vitamins to enhance the overall quality of the product). Does not give you your daily nutritional value of fruit, does not promote Super food qualities and will not provide the body natural compounds and elements essential to rebuilding the body on a "Cellular" level! (T-Cell, Red, White Blood cells, Skin Cells, etc) Welch's Grape juice adds to the aging process of the body.

1 - 8 ounce serving of "your" Welch's Grape Juice provides 2 servings of fruits according to the RDA with little Anti-oxidant properties at a Cost of $3.99 a gallon, even if you drank the whole gallon, you would still fall astronomically short of nutritional benefit.

Read Here:

Mona Vie Product Information

The 19 fruits of Mona Vie

Americans and Fruit

Mona Vie and Cancer

You tell me what is better? Mona Vie or Everything else!

Are you a distributor by chance? "Super Food" :beee: You should also check out q-link bracelets. I hear that getting your ions properly aligned will even further increase the power of MONAVIE, the SUPER FOOD. ;)

I have been using MV for 2 full weeks and since my last doctors visit on 9/10 my cholesterol level is better than most athletes and i went from 330lbs to 222lbs and having two ACL reconstructions this means less stress but it does not mean I am free of pain after walking a 36'er (9/5 & 9/9) .

WOW. 2 whole weeks? And you lost 108lbs? Impressive.

I was feeling the effects after 3 days and yes, I became a distributor of Fruit juice unlike anything I have ever witnessed.

So you're definitely not biased or anything. And with 2 weeks of experience using the product, you're practically an expert!

TexasAg: I am speaking with the Athletics Department of Texas A&M about Mona Vie, that could have been you.

I'm assuming your implication here is that if I had been using monavie, I would have been able to play a sport when I was attending Texas A&M. Now you've got my attention. How exactly do you know that "it wasn't me?"

EDIT:

Sumner Redstone - Owner and controller of CBS, VIACOMM, HBO, MLM business owner of Pampered Chef, 2nd richest man in America

Anybody with a passing knowledge of the business world can tell you that Sumner Redstone is not the 2nd richest man in America. He's actually #25. He also has nothing to do with HBO. HBO is owned by Time Warner, not Viacom. Neither does he have anything to do with Pampered Chef, which is owned by Warren Buffet's company, Berkshire Hathaway. I'm guessing that there are plenty of other inaccuracies in what you've posted as well, but I don't really have the time or the inclination to point them all out.

Google the term "Superfoods" and tell me how "cheesy" it is then, after that, ponder the idea that close to 90% of all ailments including cancer, Autism, and Leukemia and a laundry list of others ailments can be supressed by employing the proper diet of fruit, this food group alone can be heavily touted as a Superfood based on their beneficial properties once consumed.

Am I reading too much into this or did we just find a cure for cancer, autism, leukemia and other horrible diseases? Somebody better call the AMA and let them know about this medical breakthrough! I can't believe more people haven't heard of the miracle cure, you would think there would be a stampede going to your door! ;)

I am glad you believe in the products you are putting into your body and I hope they continue to work for you. I think I would hold off on telling the whole world they are wrong for not jumping on the bandwagon with you or drinking the "kool aid" too! :beee:

My take...

Doctors love to per scribe pain killers.. why not, it simply masked the pain from whatever it is that is your problem. Can't spend your money with them if they cure you.....

Truly an ignorant person(s) that puts down something they have no first hand experience with.

Back on topic...

I keep aspirin, excedrin, advil, tylenol and a couple of rolaids in the bag, for me and anyone else.

guess I need to put a couple of aleve in there too.

I have been using MV for 2 full weeks and since my last doctors visit on 9/10 my cholesterol level is better than most athletes and i went from 230lbs to 222lbs and having two ACL reconstructions this means less stress but it does not mean I am free of pain after walking a 36'er (9/5 & 9/9) .

WOW. 2 whole weeks? And you lost 108lbs? Impressive.

I was feeling the effects after 3 days and yes, I became a distributor of Fruit juice unlike anything I have ever witnessed.

So you're definitely not biased or anything. And with 2 weeks of experience using the product, you're practically an expert!

TexasAg: I am speaking with the Athletics Department of Texas A&M about Mona Vie, that could have been you.

I'm assuming your implication here is that if I had been using monavie, I would have been able to play a sport when I was attending Texas A&M. Now you've got my attention. How exactly do you know that "it wasn't me?"

EDIT:

Sumner Redstone - Owner and controller of CBS, VIACOMM, HBO, MLM business owner of Pampered Chef, 2nd richest man in America

Anybody with a passing knowledge of the business world can tell you that Sumner Redstone is not the 2nd richest man in America. He's actually #25. He also has nothing to do with HBO. HBO is owned by Time Warner, not Viacom. Neither does he have anything to do with Pampered Chef, which is owned by Warren Buffet's company, Berkshire Hathaway. I'm guessing that there are plenty of other inaccuracies in what you've posted as well, but I don't really have the time or the inclination to point them all out.

First off, please excuse my typing errors, I went from 230 to 222lbs. I never said this was a "cure" or a "treatment" for anything so yes, you are reading to much into this. There are plenty of individuals in this world who are willing to see a bigger picture!

I also never stated that Viacomm owned HBO, anybody with a passing knowledge would refrain from assuming, also I never stated that I knew you (TexasAg) well enough to care if you ever played a sport or for that fact gave a damn where you attended college or what you did while there. And if you were speaking with The Texas A&M athletic department now that I got your punk Word not allowed attention, my only guess is it was to take the last spot reserved for waterboy. ;)

Yes I will agree that I was in error naming Redstone as the owner of PC and HBO.

Biased, far from, I as most of us here have tried many method to assist with comfort and as any skeptic would, doubted what Mona Vie stood for, until I tried it, I gave credit to a full nights sleep and good weather when I no longer had pain after IASKA tournaments or after conditioning at my boxing gym, or after walking a 36 hole round , or playing baseball a few nights a week. My knees and back were really getting the best of me until I started taking this, after 3 days I noticed major differences as to my energy and mobility. I felt great.

I am sorry you fellas cannot be open minded enough to give anything or anybody a chance. Stick to your current methods and I will stick with mine. I apologize to any one if we got of on the wrong foot. TexasAg, feel free to call me at 610 283 4776 if you want to continue our convo potna!

Titleist Prov1x

Google the term "Superfoods" and tell me how "cheesy" it is then, after that, ponder the idea that close to 90% of all ailments including cancer, Autism, and Leukemia and a laundry list of others ailments can be supressed by employing the proper diet of fruit, this food group alone can be heavily touted as a Superfood based on their beneficial properties once consumed.

Am I reading too much into this or did we just find a cure for cancer, autism, leukemia and other horrible diseases? Somebody better call the AMA and let them know about this medical breakthrough! I can't believe more people haven't heard of the miracle cure, you would think there would be a stampede going to your door! ;)

I am glad you believe in the products you are putting into your body and I hope they continue to work for you. I think I would hold off on telling the whole world they are wrong for not jumping on the bandwagon with you or drinking the "kool aid" too! :beee:

I was not jumping on anybody, I stated what I used for pain relief, rfs just agreed with the usage of Mona Vie, then CallwayOnly decided to be a smartWord not allowed, my reply was to his ignorance and why you even replied is beyond me, why do feel the need to square off on me huh tough guy? The stuff works and that is why I use it, all you bumbs can continue living in the dark. ;)

Titleist Prov1x

Yeah baby. Now we got the pot stirred up. I like it alot. Yes I do. Hey by all means people keep swallowing your advil and aleve and let them eat away your stomach lining and keep those very large conglomerate pharmaceuticals in business. Like they need more of our hard earned cash anyways. I was never a big MLMer but I found a product I believe in and it definitely helps my body feel better so why not spread the word to others. Hey as everyone knows MLMs make their money on word of mouth advertising since we don't have the $$ of the big box chains to advertise so I try and spread the word to others on places like this to other fellow golfers who I know experience the back pain I used to.