2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Titleist 704 replacements

drewboy

Seen the posts for 775 replacing 804's, is there something in the works for 704 replacement?

I believe 704's have been out just as long as 804's.

Purchase of new sticks is imminent want the best forgiving forged I can find, upgrading from TA7's.

Really like the look of the Titleist gear, plus in Australia you can only buy Titleist sticks thru pro shops, no retail(bit of snob appeal-I admit it!)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen the posts for 775 replacing 804's, is there something in the works for 704 replacement?

I believe 704's have been out just as long as 804's.

Purchase of new sticks is imminent want the best forgiving forged I can find, upgrading from TA7's.

Really like the look of the Titleist gear, plus in Australia you can only buy Titleist sticks thru pro shops, no retail(bit of snob appeal-I admit it!)

64938[/snapback]

Someone stole my last set of 704's out of my car last month. I immediately bought a brand new set. My favorite clubs, ever. I can't imagine how they would improve on them.

Probably re-iterating what's been said in a range of previous posts but it would appear the 704 is staying in the range. There has been some talk about a smaller headed players version (704B) - as Titleist have done in the past with the 962, 762 and 990 models - but don't know if this will actually be launched.

Present information across this excellent site indicates that the range for 2006 will be 660 & 695MB blades (the latter replacing the 690.MB), the recently launched 735.CM combo set, 695CB (to replace the 690.CB), 704.CB and 775.CB (to replace the 804.OS).

I may be wrong - as Titleist gives very little away at the best of times - but this is how the 2006 range is currently looking. The only question is whether the 660s will be part of the range and in what finish (chrome or satin or both). If the 660 is launched, one would assume that the current 670 and 680 custom order blades will be consigned to history.

Sorry to major league Titleist HOs if I've been re-stating the obvious from a whole load of other posts.

Drawmerchant

Don't mean to spoil the surprise, but the 735cm's are the iron that is replacing the 704cb's.

(That is the only thing that I can add to the post just above.)

704 gone......... 735 in!

65618[/snapback]

totally not true. The 704s are still in the line and arent going anywhere anytime soon, next summer or fall at the earliest

I currently work as a Tech Rep for Titleist, and there is no replacement for the 704's, they will still be in the line for next season.  There is not any data that says 660's will be in the line or not, these clubs have been rumored to be released since early summer this year.  The 775's almost fit between the 704's and 804's, I actually think the lower irons look better in the 775's than the 704's.  So pretty much we're pitchng 775's are as easy to hit as 804 but the looks of the 775's.

65858[/snapback]

Do the 775's have more offset than 704's?

When are they being released?

Don't mean to spoil the surprise, but the 735cm's are the iron that is replacing the 704cb's.

65618[/snapback]

totally not true. The 704s are still in the line and arent going anywhere anytime soon, next summer or fall at the earliest

66120[/snapback]

My rep told me back a couple of months ago that this iron was going to replace the 704 model. (This is what HE said.)

Titleist, as you well know, keeps clubs available in the line for a period of time after they are supposedly "retired". I do admit that they can change their minds at any time to change this. For example, I think that the 670's were supposed to be a limited edition iron, but were fully released into the line as a custom option the next year.

Again, what my TITLEIST rep told me.... they were going to be replaced. What he probably omitted was the word "eventually".

:tongue:

65618[/snapback]

66120[/snapback]

My rep told me back a couple of months ago that this iron was going to replace the 704 model. (This is what HE said.)

Titleist, as you well know, keeps clubs available in the line for a period of time after they are supposedly "retired". I do admit that they can change their minds at any time to change this. For example, I think that the 670's were supposed to be a limited edition iron, but were fully released into the line as a custom option the next year.

Again, what my TITLEIST rep told me.... they were going to be replaced. What he probably omitted was the word "eventually".

:tongue:

66479[/snapback]

they are replacing the 704s but no time soon. There is still a tour presence with the 704s and they will be in the lineup for a while

• 4 weeks later...

64938[/snapback]

Not sure about over East, but we can get Titleist at Drummond's Golf over in the West. My fav retailer.

yep, Drummond are the only off course retailer. and reasonable pricing too. not cheap, but they are Titleists

My first real set of irons, custom fit (not handmedowns from my dad, who was already 4 inches shorter than em at that point). Nice set in terms of the compromise between workability and forgiveness. Though it is a little thick at the topline and somewhat bulky (perhaps I am growing out of them?). Either way it is starting to age.