2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Yardage book graphics / icons

keno

I'm currently mapping my own course and creating my own yardage chart.

I'm planning to redraw the outline of each hole by tracing over google earth images.

What I am looking for is somewhere I can download course graphics / icons - things like trees, sprinker heads, bushes, slope arrows etc, either to buy or as a free downloads.

Does anyone know where I can download such graphics / icons? Ideally I'm after them in a vector format.

Also does anyone have any links for yardage charts in a pdf format. These would also help me massively.

SK

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to this website here: http://www.tpkgolf.com/lucas_books.htm and i bought te blank book. it comes with different decals that you could use to map out trees, bunkers etc... What i did, I bought a George lucas tour yardage book from brown deer GC in milwaukee (US Bank Championship) and used his designs to make my book for the course that i play league at. I used terraserver.com to map out the course because it was free. I hope that it helps

Tour issue Aeroburner TP 10.5* Diamana D+ 70x
SLDR 15* & 19* Diamana blueboard 83x
Adams Red 20* Ozik x
Macgregor Pro-C 4 Iron X100
Macgregor Pro-M 5-PW X100
Callaway Forged Copper 54 & 60*
Scotty Cameron Classic black Newport 2 34"

try golfwits.com, you can get digital maps of most courses in the country. the only kick is that you have to pay a few bucks for the map, but it is not that bad. I believe that you can make notes on where different distances are.

Tour issue Aeroburner TP 10.5* Diamana D+ 70x
SLDR 15* & 19* Diamana blueboard 83x
Adams Red 20* Ozik x
Macgregor Pro-C 4 Iron X100
Macgregor Pro-M 5-PW X100
Callaway Forged Copper 54 & 60*
Scotty Cameron Classic black Newport 2 34"

Inspired by this thread, with my love for graphics, golf, and detail.......I'm starting the DIY Yardage Book project :rolleyes:

Maybe we could share/exchange some idea's. I'm going to use Photoshop to come up with various generic vector images for tree's, traps, tee box's, etc etc. I plan to come up with enough vector images and templates, that I can store them and use them to create any course that I play.

I'm not sure how far this is going to go....but we'll see.

I'm currently mapping my own course and creating my own yardage chart.

I'm planning to redraw the outline of each hole by tracing over google earth images.

What I am looking for is somewhere I can download course graphics / icons - things like trees, sprinker heads, bushes, slope arrows etc, either to buy or as a free downloads.

Does anyone know where I can download such graphics / icons? Ideally I'm after them in a vector format.

Also does anyone have any links for yardage charts in a pdf format. These would also help me massively.

What are you using to draw with?

For simple icons, you can just google them. Granted, they're not in vector format, but if you get high enough resolution, it won't matter much. I would think any tree that's 100px or so would be plenty, as you would print it so that a tree is about 1/4", which means it would be approx 400dpi.

If you're using Adobe Illustrator, there are several brushes that would work for you. I would think any drawing package you're using should have arrows. There are also arrows in fonts such as the WingDing font. You should be able to place that on your drawing, and rotate it as necesary.

Ive attached an Adobe Illustrator top view of a tree for you. A few years ago my brother-in-law and I patented a golf board game, and I drew the playing surface. This is the tree I used.

Well after an hour of searching online, I found exactly wanted I wanted! I can now use something similar to google maps, and use another tool to measure the exact yardage from whatever points I designate! From the tee box, to the front of a sand trap, from trap to the front of the green, etc.

I can see this consuming some of my time. For what you ask........not sure lol

So with the tools above, I can use Photoshop to recreate the holes, and then put my own yardage marks, etc.

Inspired by this thread, with my love for graphics, golf, and detail.......I'm starting the DIY Yardage Book project :rolleyes:

Maybe we could share/exchange some idea's. I'm going to use Photoshop to come up with various generic vector images for tree's, traps, tee box's, etc etc. I plan to come up with enough vector images and templates, that I can store them and use them to create any course that I play.

I'm not sure how far this is going to go....but we'll see.

GT, yes - very happy to exchange idea's etc.

Enclosed is a file is where I am currently up too.

Basically, my course have gone through some changes recently and as you can see when looking at the current chart and comparing it too the overhead Google image it surprised me how misleading the current chart is.

I also recently used a Skycaddie around my course and was also surprised about how many mental error’s I’ve been making.

So I’ve decided to remap the course using a Sky caddie and Bushel Laser, add the new features and put in lots more yardage points in.

My plan is to do it over the winter, hole by hole, starting with holes I find most difficult. I expect it too take me a good few months to get all 18 holes detailed but hopefully doing so will help my course management.

Alot of yardage charts I’ve pick up look very comic like, I want to create something that looks more technical and accurate.

At the moment, I am still planning and designing how I want it to appear considering things like do I want tee to be overhead plans etc or ones that stick up.

After I posted my first message above I’ve found a lots of stuff on istock.

Anyway yes lets share ideas.

For simple icons, you can just google them. Granted, they're not in vector format, but if you get high enough resolution, it won't matter much. I would think any tree that's 100px or so would be plenty, as you would print it so that a tree is about 1/4", which means it would be approx 400dpi.

If you're using Adobe Illustrator, there are several brushes that would work for you. I would think any drawing package you're using should have arrows. There are also arrows in fonts such as the WingDing font. You should be able to place that on your drawing, and rotate it as necesary.

Ive attached an Adobe Illustrator top view of a tree for you. A few years ago my brother-in-law and I patented a golf board game, and I drew the playing surface. This is the tree I used.

I am drawing it in illustrator. Arrows and all that will be fine it was more tree's, bushes, shrubbery, mounds etc.

I've found 3 golf course design software options, not sure how good any of them are yet. I'm going to try them out later on this evening. I'm hoping I can design the holes from the software, then export the image and use some mapping/photoshop tools to setup yardage markers, etc.

We'll see how it goes, hopefully one of them is a viable option, it certainly would cut the work load down. I'll let you know how it goes Kento

I am drawing it in illustrator. Arrows and all that will be fine it was more tree's, bushes, shrubbery, mounds etc.

My attachment didn't work before... trying again..... hmm, it won't let me attach an illustrator file, nor a zip...

Try this

http://www.areddy.net/misc/tree.ai