2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Titleist 735.CM

Gxgolfer

Forged 735.CM Irons

The Forged 735.CM™ irons feature a blended design for the skilled player seeking the ideal combination of shot control, maneuverability and playability. Designed as a seamlessly blended set, Titleist Forged 735.CM irons have continuity in performance and aesthetics for a fluid transition from long to short irons. Progressive blade heights, blade lengths, offset, topline, center of gravity and moment of inertia allow each club to perform to Tour level standards, no matter what shot is required.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hit these at the PGA Superstore the day after Thanksgiving and they are awesome! I play w/ the 690 .CB's now and the 735's have a more boring tragectory and are much more forgiving! So I bought some! Just waiting for them to come in! They look better at address too! Just another affordable quality prodcut put out by Titleist!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought these w/ 6.0 rifles. Replaced MP 33s. Not as soft but much more playable in the long irons. The kicker for me is the trajectory is about the same as the Mizuno's. First Tity irons in my bag since the '80s and these are here to stay. Short irons don't dig and I can still keep the cavity back long irons down when I need to. Only disapointment is how easy the chrome seems to ding up. These look worse after 3 months than the Mizuno's looked after a year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had 3 sets of these. 2 rifle's and one s300.

Wanted to like them but the low irons lack feel in my opinion and are hard to hit.

I have always been a loyal Titleist guy, which is why I tried 3 sets.

Bottom line to me right now is that Titleist irons have fallen off.

I am hoping something in the new line (775's or 695CB's) will be solid.

I am a 6 handicap but just don't find their irons easy to hit especially with

the low irons.

Going with Rac LT 2's until the new line comes out. They Look great at address

and are more forgiving than 735,704,690's

I would like to hear others thoughts on the state of the union with Titleist irons right now.

To be honest you are one of the only ones that I have heard with negative things to say about the new 735.cms. I am also a 6 handicap and was looking to buy them. I have been playing with 981s for the passed 4-5 years. I was planning on buying the 735s but hearing negative reports makes me wonder if there are any others out there who are not impressed with them.

I have had 2 other guys I play with take them out of the bag quickly as well.

Interesting that you play 981's because I haven't been happy with irons since I

took them out 2 years ago for my first set of 704's, which I actually liked better

than my 690.cb's and 735cm's. If I was getting new irons I would wait until the new ones

come out. From what I hear you will have 695 cb's and 775's to choose from.

I will go with one of those and I am trying out a new set of 704's with Lighter shafts

in the interim. Bag just didn't look right with Taylor's in them.

• 1 month later...

I have read a lot of positive feedback about these irons and I like the looks as well. My expectations where therefore very high but they where never lived up to when I hit them today.

I shanked the first two balls (not usually my style :) ) and suddenly I hit the sweetspot, that felt great but it wasn't easy for me to find it again. The club felt far too heavy and out of balance and I thought it was the +0,5" 2 up instead of standard (because of the weight and the shanks) but it was not. I like the mp60 and my own mp30 a lot more but the biggest surprise for me where the 695mb. That is one sweet iron! Not too difficult to find the sweetspot because of better balance and weight. All around a far better club and nothing like the 735cm.

You will find nothing but positives about them from me. The 735's look and play great.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Head Golf Professional @ Peninsula Golf Resort, KY[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon & UST Mamiya Staff Member[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon Z565 9.5*, UST Mamiya Elements Prototype 7F5T[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon ZF65 15. UST Mamiya ATTAS T2 8X[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon U45 19*, UST Mamiya iRod 85F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon Z765 3-PW. UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype 125 F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist Vokey TVD 52/58 M-Grind, UST Mamiya Wedge Proto F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2, Frequency Filter shaft[/font]

• 5 weeks later...

Just played three days of 36 / daily with my new set:

735CM

Satin

3-pw

+1.1/4"

PX - 6.0

Weight: "As heavy as you can make them"

4 wraps under logo down Titleist cord grips.

I've been a Ping man pretty much all my life. ( ask KascoPro) I wanted to try the new Titleist product and DAMN! Threw up three of my lowest rounds over the last two years with these, fresh out of the box. I can honestly say that these are simply the best quality and smoothest feeling irons I've ever hit. Because of the awesome service at Titleist, they now have a customer for life. Just my $.02 :)

played about 80 rounds with these, 735 cm stainless, play at a links club where you often don't know whats under you, and 1025 carbon is very soft, though much better feel, and I have destroyed 1025's in one swing by catching a rock in the tall brush. Nevertheless, after 80 rounds of 735cms, standard everything (just never got them adjusted they felt so good), DG S300's, here's my feeling. The 2-7 iron are the best long irons I've ever hit. They just feel like butter, and the ability to control trajectory is amazing. Not forgiving, but not punishing either, just perfect. I like to work the ball, and have had smashing success with the long and mid irons in this set, although the 2-5 are the real gem, best part of the set. I love the look and feel of the 8-pw, the "blade irons," and the trajectory and distance controll is top notch. Only negative is that the 8-pw have even less offset than the 690 cb's (my prior club), and I like offset in the scoring clubs 8,9,pw,sw,lw, so that I can work the ball into the slopes better, I'm playing slightly better than scratch right now, i should i play enough, and its just my preference to have slightly more offset in the scoring clubs, so much so that I replaced the pw with a custom grind vokey. Long and short is I'm ordering TWO, not one, TWO sets of 735 CM's in chrome, I'm exited to try these gems in 1025, and will simply use the 2-9, and still use a vokey pw, their that good

After testing all of the 2006 Titleist line I have settled on the 695CB's. Great iron. Softer off the face than the 690's or 704's. Great look at address and with the stronger lofts I hit them about a 1/2 club further. Very good iron. 695MB's also feel and look great, but as a 6 handicap I am not sure they are playable enough for me.

• 1 month later...

The look of these irons is pretty great. Nice compact head and only slight offset makes them a sure winner. The feel is soft but compared to a Mizuno it's not quite as good. What I did like was the forgiveness. For a model such as this it was suitably impressive but ball still stayed on a boring ball flight. Really like these and would have no problem playing them. 5 stars.

Titleist TS3 10.5° w/ Tensei AV 55 Stiff
Titleist TS2 16.5° w/ Tensei AV 65 Stiff
Titleist TS2 21° w/ Tensei AV 75 Stiff
Titleist U510 23° w/ Tensei Blue AM2 Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 w/ XP 95 S300
Vokey SM8 46°, 50°, 54°, 60° w/ XP 95 S300
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34"

• 1 month later...

I have had these clubs for about 2 months now. I have the chrome version in DG S300.

Things I like:

soft feel

solid feel

Easy to hit long Irons

Longer than you expect.

Reliable mid trajectory.

Good control on shots.

PW that will release consistently on 10yd pitches.

Things I don't like:

The flange on the 8-PW should about 1 or 2 mm wider to match the 7 iron.

They mark up very easily.

• 2 months later...

I'm not really a brand loyalist I simply play what's best for my game (just look at what's in my bag). I've been playing for 5 years now and after playing the Titleist 804os for three seasons I figured my swing was good enough for a set of clubs without "training wheels". As my golfing game progressed allot of my shots started to draw more and more. I was told by my golfing instructor this was proably due to my swing evoving, and the offset built into the 804's compounded the problem. I tried all the big brand players clubs with less offset and came to the conclusion that I still needed something with playablity built into them. The progressive set of the 735cm's from Titleist came out the winner in my selection. I love the looks, and the feel of these clubs when hitting them flush. Misshits are not too punishing and because of the great feel from these clubs, it's actually rare that it happens to me. They really force me to focus on a smooth pass. With the 804's my handicap hovered at 14. Now a year later with my improved swing and lot's and lot's and lot's and lot's of practice it's down to a 9.1, i'm confident that I can get into the low single digits by early next year. I've progressed into make better shots with these. In learning how to do knockdowns, fades, draws, high floaters with spin and other assortments of shot making these clubs have really help with the learning curve. Just a great solid set of clubs.

• 3 weeks later...

The Titleist 735CM Chrome are just awesome!!! :)

I've tryed them and the frist think were WOW a Soft Solid feel and

they stand perfectly on the ball.

I hit the 6iron Std Std R300.

Normaly I hit 155 yrd's and with this irons I hit 170 yrd's!!! :(

I will buy them as quick as I can.

I have a Hcp.of 18

In my Bag

Callaway X-460 (9,5°) Stiff

Callaway X (4w) Stiff

Mizuno MX-23 DGL R-300

Titleist SM 56.10 and 60.08

Odyssey WhiteSteel 2-Ball CS

Nike One Black/Platinum

• 3 months later...

I've been playing the Titleist 735CM's since last spring, and they have been nothing short of fantastic. I came from a set of Titleist 962's which I loved, and was unsure that I would ever find a set to replace them. I was glad I tried the 735's. They play about the same distance as my 962's, but I like the ball flight much better (not as high/more penetrating flight). I also prefer the dispersion - much tighter with the 735's. Also, I utilize 8/9 iron bump and run chips around the green, and having 8/9 iron blades really adds confidence to making these shots. The blades in this set are more forgiving than other blades I have hit (compared to MP-32's and 695MBs). While they aren't super soft, they provide nice firm feedback on mishits, and feel awesome on center hits. I look forward to many more seasons with them! Don't be afraid to try them, even if you aren't in the single digit handicap group - they'll help you get there.

Plus they are the best looking irons I have ever played (go with chrome).

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered these last week and hit them for the first time today. I spent a good deal of time on the range today and have to say this is a great set of irons. I was able to shape and work the ball through the whole bag. As others have said ball flight is a little low but it still works out great. I'll add more thoughts when I've played a few rounds with them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Over the years I have been a Titleist fan and have stayed loyal to them, except for a couple of experiments with the Ping I3+blades. the Ping I5s, Mizuno MP32s and Nike forged blades. Everytime I have swithed off from my beloved Titleist my handicap has risen around 5-6 strokes. I have played Titleist 990s, 690cbs, 690.mbs, 695cbs, and currently the 735cms. I have learned my lesson and I will probably not stray from Titleist again. Maybe it's just the confidence they instill in my head, but I play better with them. I settled on the 735cms because my struggle is with the long irons, but did not want to give up the blade type players club in my short and mid irons. Of all the progressive sets out on the market, I prefer these. The long irons have a solid feel and produce a great mid trajectory and penetrating ball flight for me and the short irons have outstanding feel and are very easy to work and control your ball flight. One bonus that Titleist can offer is all the custom options available on their irons as compared to other manufacturers, and the turn around time is quick! I love the 695mbs, but I know the long irons would kill me, so its not worth the switch. I would recommend these irons to anyone who loves the feel and playability of a blade type club, but struggle with the long irons in that type of set. Make sure you give them a fair chance by experimenting with different shafts other than the standard DG300s. I found the DGSLs worked the best for me.

Titleist 910D3 9.5 w/Diamana D+ 72s
Titleist 910F 15 w/stock Kai'li 75s
Titleist 910H 19 w/stock Kai'li 80s
Titleist AP2 712 3-W DGS300
Vokey SM4 52-08 & 56-11
Bettinardi BC6 34" 343g

I played the 735.CM's for about a year then switched to the J33 Cavity Backs after trying the BS CB's and Combos. I thought the BS CB's were the most forgiving (and best feeling) with the combos and 735's coming in about the same. If I had to say, I thought the BS Combos were definitely more forgiving through the long irons.

Not a huge difference from my experience overall but I switched to Bridgestone CB's from the 735's.

Hope my 2 cents helps,

Shane

I played the 735.CM's for about a year then switched to the J33 Cavity Backs after trying the BS CB's and Combos. I thought the BS CB's were the most forgiving (and best feeling) with the combos and 735's coming in about the same. If I had to say, I thought the BS Combos were definitely more forgiving through the long irons.

Not a huge difference from my experience overall but I switched to Bridgestone CB's from the 735's.

Hope my 2 cents helps,

Shane

They sure did. Exactly the information I was after.

Thank you. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Been using the 735.Cm for a couple of weeks. They are pretty good looking clubs. The feeling at impact is not ultimate butter, but decently smooth. I would call it a feeling of "heavy nothing-ness."

In my opinion the best part about these irons are the long irons, because they are relatively very forgiving for non-GI clubs. The trajectory is very nice throughout the whole set - boring while at the same time mid to mid high, and being able to hit this trajectory in the long irons (assisted by the lower CG) really instills confidence. I am getting proper distance out of my long irons (3-iron about 210-215 yards.)

The one thing I noticed most about these clubs is that they are HEAVY! I am not a small guy, 5'9", 175lbs (can bench 250, although that is not really the best indication), and have been using Ping Eye 2's with ZZ lite shafts and also DCI 762's w/ TT DG R300's. The 735 w/ TT DG S300's feel at MUCH heavier and although when I am "fresh" they are good to hit with, I find myself getting tired.

Has anyone else noticed this about the 735.CM's? I do recall someone posting that these are heavy. Has any switched shafts because of this reason? What would be the best replacement that is a tiny bit lighter with similar performance. Will switching to the R300's make any noticeable difference in weight? The R300's in the 762 work fine so I am thinking about changing these out. Thanks for any help!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...