2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

New Vessel Lux Cart 7 and Lux Cart 14 Bags

I got a Lux XV Cart Bag recently and I got a brochure that came with it advertising a new lighter and more compact version in a 7 way and 14 way configuration. Anyone know anything about these new bags? It says coming June but June is almost over and this is the first time I’m hearing about them. I sent an email to customer service, maybe they have some info.

321F94F6-1716-42A3-94CC-7614822B2B7E.jpeg

Own a VLX Stand from Vessel and love the luxury look in a compact & lighter weight design (great for walking). Unfortunately, due to worsening knee issues, I've been riding carts or on a good day using a push cart( few & far between anymore). Vessel recently sent me txt msg about the new Lux Cart 7/14 way bag being in stock. Being an owner of a Vessel already, and looking for a sleeker cart bag, I Immediately jumped on one. Price was $415 but if the quality remains the same it's well worth it. Can't wait to receive & game it! 😎

30 minutes ago, Ari said:

I need a review on the 14 vs the 15.

I ordered the 7 way to compare so I will write up my thoughts after I get it. I didn’t get the 14 way bc I’m almost positive the openings will be a tight squeeze. It is losing 0.5” in L (15.5” vs 16”) and 3” in W (10” vs 13”). But that’s just my guess.

Ok, so I just got the Lux 7 and here are my initial thoughts compared to the Luv XV. Sorry for the wall of text! For reference, I got the Blue/Navy color in both. I'll try to upload pics later.

1. The Lux 7 is noticeably less bulky than the Lux XV. I have an old Callaway carry bag and the 7 is in-between the size of the Callaway and the XV.
    1. The 7 is about the same height as the XV, slightly less deep (from the front to the back of the bag), and not as wide as the XV (this measurement is the most noticeable difference).
    2. The 7 is 6.7 lbs and the XV is just under 8 lbs.
  2. The 7's Blue/Navy combo has a two tone blue scheme. There's a diamond patterned strip between the main navy part of the bag and the front white part. I wasn't sure about it when I saw it on the website, but it looks really high quality in person and I really like it.
  3. The XV has 4 pockets on the front white part (from top to bottom): magnetic, zip, magnetic, zip ball pocket. The 7 has 3 pockets on the front white part: magnetic (just slightly smaller than the XV, but still fits my Bushnell comfortably), zip, zip ball pocket (slightly smaller than the XV).
  4. The XV has two side pockets for valuables. The 7 doesn't have these in the same spot, instead, it has them (in a slightly smaller size) on the top of the side pockets.
  5. The XV's side pockets are larger than the 7's. The 7's are pretty small (it basically just fits the rain hood with a little extra space) and don't expand as much as the XV. If you carry a change of clothes, this might be worth checking out in person if you can. 
  6. The XV's side pockets have a second bottom pocket on each side, the 7 doesn't. The XV's bottom pocket on the left side is the cooler while the entire left side pocket of the 7 is the cooler.
  7. The inside of both XV's side pockets have a net pocket (basically a pocket within a pocket), but the 7 only has it on the right side (the non-cooler side) for obvious reasons.
  8. The "Vessel" name is in white on the 7, but it's in the same navy blue as the side on the XV. Same with the "Vessel" name on the strap (white on 7, blue on XV).
  9. The bottle opener is in silver on the 7 but in black on the XV.
  10. The water bottle pockets open the reverse way on the 7 (from the ball pocket side instead of from the center/inside spine side) which actually make them larger (wider) than the XV. That was a nice surprise.
  11. The XV top is made of plastic (I think) with rubber grips and a synthetic nylon for the dividers (and the underside of the strap). The 7's top is wrapped in leather, the handles are plastic (no rubber grips on top of them like the XV), and the dividers use a velour/velvet material (same for the underside of the strap). 
  12. The putter well on the 7 isn't as large as the XV, but still fits my medium grip Scotty mallet with the cover with more than enough room.
  13. The top on the 7 is lower profile than the XV.
  14. So this is a big difference (and different from the website): The tops on both are almost the exact same dimensions. The website says the XV is 12" L but it's actually 11". The 7 is correctly listed at 10.5". I should've gotten the Lux 14! 

That's it for now. Sorry for the long post.

For me, I think I am leaning towards the Lux 14. I like individual dividers and the smaller footprint of the 7/14 is really appealing to me. I don't like the smaller capacity of the main side pockets, but it's a relatively minor issue. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

• Like 3

Ok so I’ve had about a week to play around with both the Lux Cart XV and the new Lux Cart 7… and I’m going to keep the XV.

The main reason is this: I’m getting a cart bag so that I can have, you know, a cart bag. It’s supposed to be bigger so I can have more pockets, more storage space, and more options. That’s the beauty of the XV (to me, at least). If I don’t need the extra space, great. But if I do, it’s there.

Also, since I ride about 95% of the time, size/weight really isn’t an issue. And the last 5% is when I play at a work event which usually means there are caddies. I never walk/carry.

The Lux Cart 7 is still super nice. If you do care about size and want something bigger than the Player 3 or a traditional carry bag, but not as big as the XV, then it’s the perfect bag for you. 

If you have any questions, let me know. I’ve clearly spent too much time thinking about this decision lol. But this is the second bag I’ve ever owned in my 20 years of playing so I wanted to be 1000% sure of my choice.

14 minutes ago, Ari said:

Is the finish better n the Cart 7/14?

I wonder if they will refresh the XV with a stop similar to the 7/14

The synthetic leather material they use for the White and Navy parts of the bag are the same in the 7/14 and XV. The 7/14 has an additional Coral strip along both sides that the XV doesn’t. 

The tops use different material though. I think both are nice and I prefer the XV’s synthetic nylon over the 7/14’s velvet/velour material (it’s thicker so it actually makes the openings smaller). But both are super nice.

On 7/5/2022 at 1:31 PM, ksh937 said:

Ok so I’ve had about a week to play around with both the Lux Cart XV and the new Lux Cart 7… and I’m going to keep the XV.

The main reason is this: I’m getting a cart bag so that I can have, you know, a cart bag. It’s supposed to be bigger so I can have more pockets, more storage space, and more options. That’s the beauty of the XV (to me, at least). If I don’t need the extra space, great. But if I do, it’s there.

Also, since I ride about 95% of the time, size/weight really isn’t an issue. And the last 5% is when I play at a work event which usually means there are caddies. I never walk/carry.

The Lux Cart 7 is still super nice. If you do care about size and want something bigger than the Player 3 or a traditional carry bag, but not as big as the XV, then it’s the perfect bag for you. 

If you have any questions, let me know. I’ve clearly spent too much time thinking about this decision lol. But this is the second bag I’ve ever owned in my 20 years of playing so I wanted to be 1000% sure of my choice.

I think the XV is more a ridding cart bag and the 7/14 more a pushcart bag just by the club divider layout. 

I’m still thinking of what should I get between the Lux Cart 14, player 3 or the Sun Mountain C130S. Since Im playing 99% of the time with a pushcart. But the leg could be useful for the range.

On 6/29/2022 at 1:45 AM, ksh937 said:

Ok, so I just got the Lux 7 and here are my initial thoughts compared to the Luv XV. Sorry for the wall of text! For reference, I got the Blue/Navy color in both. I'll try to upload pics later.

1. The Lux 7 is noticeably less bulky than the Lux XV. I have an old Callaway carry bag and the 7 is in-between the size of the Callaway and the XV.
    1. The 7 is about the same height as the XV, slightly less deep (from the front to the back of the bag), and not as wide as the XV (this measurement is the most noticeable difference).
    2. The 7 is 6.7 lbs and the XV is just under 8 lbs.
  2. The 7's Blue/Navy combo has a two tone blue scheme. There's a diamond patterned strip between the main navy part of the bag and the front white part. I wasn't sure about it when I saw it on the website, but it looks really high quality in person and I really like it.
  3. The XV has 4 pockets on the front white part (from top to bottom): magnetic, zip, magnetic, zip ball pocket. The 7 has 3 pockets on the front white part: magnetic (just slightly smaller than the XV, but still fits my Bushnell comfortably), zip, zip ball pocket (slightly smaller than the XV).
  4. The XV has two side pockets for valuables. The 7 doesn't have these in the same spot, instead, it has them (in a slightly smaller size) on the top of the side pockets.
  5. The XV's side pockets are larger than the 7's. The 7's are pretty small (it basically just fits the rain hood with a little extra space) and don't expand as much as the XV. If you carry a change of clothes, this might be worth checking out in person if you can. 
  6. The XV's side pockets have a second bottom pocket on each side, the 7 doesn't. The XV's bottom pocket on the left side is the cooler while the entire left side pocket of the 7 is the cooler.
  7. The inside of both XV's side pockets have a net pocket (basically a pocket within a pocket), but the 7 only has it on the right side (the non-cooler side) for obvious reasons.
  8. The "Vessel" name is in white on the 7, but it's in the same navy blue as the side on the XV. Same with the "Vessel" name on the strap (white on 7, blue on XV).
  9. The bottle opener is in silver on the 7 but in black on the XV.
  10. The water bottle pockets open the reverse way on the 7 (from the ball pocket side instead of from the center/inside spine side) which actually make them larger (wider) than the XV. That was a nice surprise.
  11. The XV top is made of plastic (I think) with rubber grips and a synthetic nylon for the dividers (and the underside of the strap). The 7's top is wrapped in leather, the handles are plastic (no rubber grips on top of them like the XV), and the dividers use a velour/velvet material (same for the underside of the strap). 
  12. The putter well on the 7 isn't as large as the XV, but still fits my medium grip Scotty mallet with the cover with more than enough room.
  13. The top on the 7 is lower profile than the XV.
  14. So this is a big difference (and different from the website): The tops on both are almost the exact same dimensions. The website says the XV is 12" L but it's actually 11". The 7 is correctly listed at 10.5". I should've gotten the Lux 14! 

That's it for now. Sorry for the long post.

For me, I think I am leaning towards the Lux 14. I like individual dividers and the smaller footprint of the 7/14 is really appealing to me. I don't like the smaller capacity of the main side pockets, but it's a relatively minor issue. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

how bigger the 7/14 cooler pocket is compared to the XV ?

I like to carry a lot of water and keep it cool. The full cooler pocket on the 7/14 might be the decision maker for me.

28 minutes ago, obd said:

how bigger the 7/14 cooler pocket is compared to the XV ?

I like to carry a lot of water and keep it cool. The full cooler pocket on the 7/14 might be the decision maker for me.

It’s the entire left side pocket on the 7/14. Whereas it’s just the bottom 1/3 of the XV’s left side pocket.

• 6 months later...
On 7/5/2022 at 1:31 PM, ksh937 said:

How does club tangle compare between these two bags. I’m looking at getting a new bag because my taylormade bag the club tangle is unbearable. 

Edited by Bbrewer_24
Misspelling

9 hours ago, Bbrewer_24 said:

How does club tangle compare between these two bags. I’m looking at getting a new bag because my taylormade bag the club tangle is unbearable. 

I haven't had any issue with club tangle b/c each club has its own slot and there's plenty of room in each slot. I've had the bag for 6 months now and I love it. I don't have any issues with it. It's easy to keep clean (surprisingly) and isn't that heavy. The only problem I've had is that some caddies won't carry it b/c it's a cart bag so they will move my clubs into a carry bag to use for that round. That doesn't really bother me, but it makes sense since it's a cart bag.