T100 vs T150 forgiveness

mwing3

I had the T100S and now the T150 but zero outdoor experience with the T150. Spring is near and I hope the upgrade was worth it. 
I need to have a gapping session at the least. My T100S set was bent 2weak. I liked the idea of the micro slot. 
I assume that the T150 should at the very least be a little more forgiving with the slightly larger size. 

17 minutes ago, jbird902 said:

I didn't notice much of a difference.  I actually hit and liked the t100 better.  Forgiveness seemed equal.  Ended up w/ apex 24 cb though.  The sole design and feel gave  it the edge over t100 for me

Apex cb are in the same ball park as the t100/150? I figured they would be more like 620 cb

7 minutes ago, AFcelica said:

Ok sick. I’ve been a t100/ap2 guy forever but always looking for something to kick them out. Tbh I eventually acquired a full 14 club titleist bag and it made me feel like a poser lol

I have 13 out of 14 titleist clubs in that bag. Don’t regret that at all. Only thing that would kick the titleist irons out would be a mizuno set. T series sure isn’t as soft and pure as a mizuno. But I wouldn’t say they feel hard. They feel good imo. Better consistency than my 223 set.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the '21 T100S and went to a fitting yesterday to see if the new T150 would be a little more forgiving. I walked away with the '23 T100 instead. Not at all what I was expecting, but found that I needed the additional loft and spin that the t100 provided. To match the T100 loft and spin, I couldn't get a shaft light enough to match those numbers in the T150... all that said, forgiveness can mean a few different things. My mishits on the T100 with the proper-ish loft and spin were better than the "forgiveness" of the t150.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jwortsman said:

I have the '21 T100S and went to a fitting yesterday to see if the new T150 would be a little more forgiving. I walked away with the '23 T100 instead. Not at all what I was expecting, but found that I needed the additional loft and spin that the t100 provided. To match the T100 loft and spin, I couldn't get a shaft light enough to match those numbers in the T150... all that said, forgiveness can mean a few different things. My mishits on the T100 with the proper-ish loft and spin were better than the "forgiveness" of the t150.

All good reasons to get fit. Don’t just buy what you think would work.  Forgiveness wise hard to tell from one fitting session indoors. One outdoor 9 hole round. But it’s snowing again.
I don’t think there is much difference forgiveness wise in the shorter irons. But the long irons I did notice some help.

Edited by NZ315

I have the T100 from GW-7i, T150 6i-5i and T200 4i. Titleist did an amazing job to design those heads to blend perfectly in a combo set.

If I can compare my T100 7i to T150 6i, I would say the T150 is more forgiving. I didn’t notice significant differences in launch or feel, spin was consistent. If the lofts weren’t 2° stronger, I could see myself get the T150 for the whole set. But considering their blade length, the T100 are also surprisingly forgiving.

Forgiveness is subjective to the level of the player, the elite ball-strikers would notice a significant difference, a high handicapper would find both to be unhittable.

I hit these head to head off grass, well struck shots where in the 127 mph ball speed for me, mishits with t100 were around 123, t150 was 125.  Top line a little thicker but not horrific. Decided to get 4 and 5 iron in the 150.  If I cared less about the top line and more about my score would / should probably go 150 through the whole bag

Here’s some robot testing data from Cool Clubs

IMG_1860.jpeg

IMG_1859.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

I was fitted by a Titleist rep a few months ago. I hit them both well and he said I could play either. Here are some bullet notes

• Honestly they look practically the same - T100 has a slightly thinner top line
  • From P-8, they feel the same. The muscle channel only comes into T150 at 7 Iron down. Pretty sure 8-P is the exact same, just slightly bigger for T150 vs T100
  • I personally noticed a huge difference in 7 iron down in terms of forgiveness due to the muscle channel in T150. I also preferred the sound and feel of those irons better. I wish all the T150 had a muscle channel

Ultimately got a full set of T150s. I think it's the best looking iron I've seen in a decade (same look between T100 and T150). Muscle channel was a W.

• Like 1

I went from Ping Blueprint to T150 which of course had an enormous forgiveness difference. Haven't hit the T100, but imagine it to be right between those two. After a couple seasons with Blueprints I feel like I can't miss the T150's. I like the look of the Blueprint more in the top of the bag, but I wasn't doing anything with them to think I'm losing out by switching to the T150's. I expect to be gaming them for a long time.

13 hours ago, MotherTeresa10 said:

I went from Ping Blueprint to T150 which of course had an enormous forgiveness difference. Haven't hit the T100, but imagine it to be right between those two. After a couple seasons with Blueprints I feel like I can't miss the T150's. I like the look of the Blueprint more in the top of the bag, but I wasn't doing anything with them to think I'm losing out by switching to the T150's. I expect to be gaming them for a long time.

too bad cuz i hit the blueprint s and theyre also saweeeeeet! not sure which i'd go with because i do love my t150 though.

Well I bit the bullet, found a set of new T100 heads that I will swap into my current shafts I’m using for the T100s irons. I will get baseline numbers before the transition to see the results. I am just looking for more consistency in the long irons which the T100s I found to be jumpy at times, and I need lower bounce, with higher loft (T100s bent 2* weak). Otherwise they’re the perfect iron for me. Excited to put the new heads into play.

• 3 weeks later...

Results are in!

I started with a set of 2021 T100s irons (5i-48*) in project x LZ 6.5 shafts. Really liked them, but needed a little more control and consistency out of the long irons. The muscle channel seemed to produce fliers quite often. For example my 7 iron typically flies 175-180 yards and every now and then I would get one that flies 190-195. Typically due to drop in spin or extra ball speed, being hit out of the fairway and on a mat with a simulator. To try and combat this I bent them 2* weak (34* 7 iron). So this comparison will be like loft. Also I don’t really have the option to get fit where I live, which is pretty rural, so buying and trying is the best option. I’m also using a Flightscope Mevo+ with pro package, and Pro V1x RCT balls for my data.

Bought a set of 2023 T100 heads (5i-50*) and did a direct swap. Here are my findings:

I was very impressed!

The looks are very similar. The new T100 looks more boxy or squared off on the top line and toe area, which I prefer.

The feel is very much improved through the whole set, which I wasn’t even looking for, but stood out. IMO they feel as good as my 221 blade set, maybe better. Great feed back and pleasant, soft melty feel when pured. The T100s irons feel harsh comparatively.

Distance was very similar. The T100s long irons would go maybe 5 yards further, not noticeable to me, and makes my gapping fit the 10-15 yard preference.

Dispersion is MUCH tighter for me. These irons go so straight for me it’s hilarious. I thought the t100s were straight, but these are on another level. Front to back is about the same (minus the fliers), but very consistent. The t100s muscle channel irons were more forgiving on the bottom of the face, but across the face they are very close, maybe the new irons have the edge ever so slightly.

Spin numbers were similar, but the standard deviation was much tighter. I would average 6100rpm give or take 200rpm with the t100s. My average is about 6250rpm with the new irons with about 100rpm in variance. Very consistent.

Overall I’m very happy with the switch. I play off a 6hc typically, but our season just started and I’ve been shooting around 85 for my first few rounds. Took the new irons out yesterday for their first round and shot a 78 with many birdie looks that just didn’t fall, and most of my dropped shots were off the tee using woods. These were the strong point of the round!