Qi10 Mini driver

jorellanes

Sorry, I’m not exactly sure what it is you’re looking for? A smaller cc Qi or a shorter length? If you’re talking about a 10K mini, I’m not sure that’s how it works.

No shade, but the BRNR is probably the best iteration of a Mini that TM has ever done. It’s getting a respectable amount of run from tour players for something that’s supposed to be a niche club, there’s a 30+ page thread here full of people who love it, and has been a solid moneymaker for them. It’s hard, at this point, to see how they can get much better.

Looking for a Qi mini? I’d say go look into the BRNR. It’s a phenomenal club. If that’s not what you’re looking for, then a mini is probably not the thing you’re looking for. 

• Like 2

I own all 3 versions of the Mini. I want to see a Qi10 Mini Version like the "core" and LS models. None of those are 10k MOI but still called Qi10.

I am aware that the only "10K MOI" is the Qi10 Max. I also have 2x Drivers 9 and 10.5 Qi10 max. 

IMG_9899.JPG

QI10 Max 9*  Ventus TR 6X Blue

Qi10 Tour 18* Ventus TR 7X Red

Qi10 Tour 4H Ventus TR 8X Blue

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-P Modus 120 S

VOKEY SM9 48-54-58 

TYLORMADE SPIDER x  '24 TP5x

Sorry for the assumption, it’s just still not clear (to me, at least) what it is that you’re looking for, or why you’re looking for it. Do you just want a sub 460cc Qi driver, or do you want a mini driver (closer to 300cc) that looks/is constructed like the Qi? Or something else entirely?

20 minutes ago, jorellanes said:

I own all 3 versions of the Mini.

This is also confusing. What do you mean by “the mini”? If you’re talking about Taylormade’s line of mini drivers, they’ve had 5 models through the years since the SLDR, not 3. Again, if the current BRNR is one of the three that you own, it is a fantastic offering of this style of club. If you’ve already got one of those, that’s about as good as it probably gets for a mini driver at close to 300cc. Many people are thrilled with the BRNR and a “mini Qi” probably isn’t going to be substantially better. 

I’m really not trying to be ignorant, but it seems like you’re set up with plenty of options off the tee if you have 3 mini drivers and 2 Qi Max drivers. Are you just looking for something else to buy? What is/are the reasons that you desire this club?

On 3/10/2024 at 1:53 PM, Poor Mans Ty Webb said:

Sorry for the assumption, it’s just still not clear (to me, at least) what it is that you’re looking for, or why you’re looking for it. Do you just want a sub 460cc Qi driver, or do you want a mini driver (closer to 300cc) that looks/is constructed like the Qi? Or something else entirely?

This is also confusing. What do you mean by “the mini”? If you’re talking about Taylormade’s line of mini drivers, they’ve had 5 models through the years since the SLDR, not 3. Again, if the current BRNR is one of the three that you own, it is a fantastic offering of this style of club. If you’ve already got one of those, that’s about as good as it probably gets for a mini driver at close to 300cc. Many people are thrilled with the BRNR and a “mini Qi” probably isn’t going to be substantially better. 

I’m really not trying to be ignorant, but it seems like you’re set up with plenty of options off the tee if you have 3 mini drivers and 2 Qi Max drivers. Are you just looking for something else to buy? What is/are the reasons that you desire this club?

I bet you are an absolute blast at parties. 

Edited by mwgreen431
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, lasallen said:

Its pretty clear, he would like to see taylormade come out with a new model of the mini driver that would pull some technology from the Q series driver.

I will say, they didn’t do it after Stealth, but it will be interesting to see if TM starts to move in the direction of carbon faces in their minis moving forward, as well.

6 hours ago, mwgreen431 said:

I bet you are an absolute blast at parties.

IMG_3180.gif.ef2ea366afc8a61ae233b371692ab31b.gif

TM mini driver generally isn't a yearly release. Seems like about every 2 years...

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

On 3/10/2024 at 3:53 PM, Poor Mans Ty Webb said:

You do realize you’re on WRX right? I have exactly zero use for that TSr “2W” everyone’s talking about and have no idea how I’d use it but I want one so bad I drool on myself looking at it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mike412 said:

I like that, I never cared for the old school copper coloring.

You will hate the new one then.. even more copper, essentially the moved the Taylormade branding to the sole and the burner branding to the toe, and then it will have a copper line on the front of the top 😭

Just now, Mike412 said:

Of course they did…... TSr “2w” come on down!

From what I’ve read they only made 5 total heads of that 2 wood for pros to test, Cam Young the first I’ve seen with it in hand, but if we get the buzz going online maybe they will drop it for the next line in November, I’m running with the line being named TSX until I see other wise haha

Just now, JTebbJr said:

From what I’ve read they only made 5 total heads of that 2 wood for pros to test, Cam Young the first I’ve seen with it in hand, but if we get the buzz going online maybe they will drop it for the next line in November, I’m running with the line being named TSX until I see other wise haha

I read the same. I hope it gets the buzz and idc what they call it haha.

On 3/12/2024 at 1:02 PM, JTebbJr said:

I think that it will come to retail, because of the popularity of the BRNR.  I prefer the footprint of the BRNR, but i will probably end up with both.

• Like 1
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse