2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

new igolf model(s) for '09??

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word if igolf will introduce anything new in 2009 or should I go with the neo??

Yesterday (12/29) I IM'd with Igolf customer service regarding any new models for 2009. He said it's possible, but he had nothing official.

I too am eager to try out a Neo. Thanks to the input from those on this site the Neo probably will be great for me. However I think I'll hold off on buying since golf season doesn't really start around here till April. Maybe there will be more news by then about any new models from Igolf (or other manufacturers).

I got a Skycaddie SG2.5 for Christmas, but after I saw that maps would cost me $60/year (I need Canadian courses as well as NY courses), I felt that was too steep of annual fee so I returned it.

New Models Saturn(color) & triton? released today - go to web site to see.

Hey thanks! The Saturn (color) and Triton look great! These two new models are on the Igolf website this morning. They've up'd course capacity, more custom points, the ability to measure to any point on the green (like the Skygolf Intelligreen) and score keeping on the devices. What more could you want? !!!

Can't wait to read some reviews. I'd love to buy the Triton right now, but since I won't be golfing till April there's no point in rushing.

I will say that I do love my Neo that I have had for a year now, but the two new models look very interesting. I love having the ability to get a distance to any point on the course. Granted I am not that great of a player that I need to be totally accurate, but that feature alone would be worth the money on these new units. I wont be playing on a regular basis for a few months so I might wait and see some reviews and even get some more info from their Customer service on the products. I really like the direction iGolf is going in though.

I will say that I do love my Neo that I have had for a year now, but the two new models look very interesting. I love having the ability to get a distance to any point on the course. Granted I am not that great of a player that I need to be totally accurate, but that feature alone would be worth the money on these new units. I wont be playing on a regular basis for a few months so I might wait and see some reviews and even get some more info from their Customer service on the products. I really like the direction iGolf is going in though.

You mean "ability to get a distance to any point on the GREEN", right? I'm also interested in the new model so I just wanna make sure.

You mean "ability to get a distance to any point on the GREEN", right? I'm also interested in the new model so I just wanna make sure.

The Saturn from what i saw on the website will give you the distance to any point on the hole. The other model will only give you the distance to any spot on the green. My only concern is how long will it take iGolf to map out the courses in my area. I might wait a little while, like at least till mid-summer, to consider buying one just to see if they start mapping the courses around me.

• 2 weeks later...

A Triton. Of course i am anxious to get this thing before my trip but from the chats with iGolf I don't think i'll get it until a few weeks from now. I am suprised these units aren't getting more attention considering the success of the Neo.

5/6 days until i board a plane... with or w/o ... hopefully with so I can test it out for all to know.

I am very dissatisfied with igolf's lack of communication in regards to my order. I sent them an email regarding my order, waited two days no response. There is NO telephone contact number, the only means of communicating with them is via live chat or thru their contact us web form. I had to go thru live chat to have them handle my order issue.

As far as I know from numerous live chats any day now is the response on when they'll receive and ship orders for the new models. It's been the same response for last two weeks. The LEAST they could do is respond to my friccin messages. For me to have to go thru live support after waiting two days for a response is absurd.

If it wasn't for the price of this gps, I'd have to say igolf gets two thumbs way down for customer service and logistically speaking they need to make a change and at least respond to web email forms. Just somone tell me something other than " the unit should be in our inventory any day now". Ugh I'm just venting sorry.

That is one of the reasons why I passed on the Saturn model. It's feature rich but none of the courses in my state that I play have actual hole layout info to be displayed on the Saturn. I'm sure igolf will be working diligently at this issue but just an update I recieved my igolf trito, a little late for my golf trip but hey I got a new toy to play with.

Now I have to figure out how to go about installing the syncing software onto my mac. Please igolf make make software soon!

That is one of the reasons why I passed on the Saturn model. It's feature rich but none of the courses in my state that I play have actual hole layout info to be displayed on the Saturn. I'm sure igolf will be working diligently at this issue but just an update I recieved my igolf trito, a little late for my golf trip but hey I got a new toy to play with.

Now I have to figure out how to go about installing the syncing software onto my mac. Please igolf make make software soon!

I'm a little confused here, because I assumed every model from igolf uses the same course file. For example, does it mean that a course file for Neo cannot be used for Triton?

I don't have an igolf membership yet, but I can go to igolf.com and "search" for the availability of certain golf course maps in my area. For example, it says "GPS map is available for Canyon spring golf course", but doesn't say if it is available for Neo, Caddie, or Triton, so I thought the map was usable for every product from igolf, no?

If not, is there any way I can check if the new model Triton has GPS maps for certain courses in my area, before I buy Triton? Please help...

The triton uses the gps files on site, saturn uses an image file not yet mapped. Although you may not be able to use the green function on the triton.

Hehe what a joke. My friend received his Saturn yesterday. Since he has no courses mapped we decided to dl the Stadium course. The maps are the size of a matchstick - ok just a little bit bigger, but not much. Also, the cursor does not move freely - you have to 'click' to different areas which are so small you cannot get an accurate result. You really can't believe how small the maps are.

I would definitely get the Triton. For 100 dollars more the uPro looks like it's 20 years ahead of the Saturn.

I'm a little confused here, because I assumed every model from igolf uses the same course file. For example, does it mean that a course file for Neo cannot be used for Triton?

I don't have an igolf membership yet, but I can go to igolf.com and "search" for the availability of certain golf course maps in my area. For example, it says "GPS map is available for Canyon spring golf course", but doesn't say if it is available for Neo, Caddie, or Triton, so I thought the map was usable for every product from igolf, no?

If not, is there any way I can check if the new model Triton has GPS maps for certain courses in my area, before I buy Triton? Please help...

The gps files can be used on all igolf compatible gps', the problem is that the courses which I downloaded around my area dont have a course image (aka hole layout / green layout). The neo didnt have an option to display green info while the triton does, and thats why i bought a triton. But i realized that the courses around me dont have the green/hole layouts yet...

so yes the maps will work with a neo, triton or saturn. It sucks because i'd love to know the green layout and that was one reason i upgraded to the triton instead of the neo and come to find out my local courses dont have hole/green layouts.

By the way, saturn screen looks good. Your boy has some greasy a** hands, jk, nice gps, i hope they start getting proper layouts of the courses around my area.

Hey guys, two comments.

First, that image is laughable at best.

Second, I think on their website, if you check for a course, once you see the graphic on the right hand side, it shows if front, center, back is available. Below on the second line it shows this "Custom Points: Available Course Image: N/A ". I think the 'Course image' portion might relate to these two new models. Just guessing, as their site is just so descriptive, and that addition is new.

wow that is pretty lame...

glad i didn't make the jump right away...

i like my Caddie II but would like something with a slimmer profile that it doesn't feel cumbersome in my pocket...

anyone have any suggestions...? my Caddie II does everything i want it too, just a little bulky and the Neo is too small... would like something the same size as my iphone...

I have the 08' iGolf Neo and love it. It is simple to use and has plenty of extras (ability to adjust/remap distances to front/center/back of green as well as 4 custom points per hole). I play with a friend who has the upper end SkyCaddie and my neo works as well or better than his SkyCaddie. I was told iGolf uses one of the best GPS chips?? For $30 you can download 100 courses to your pc, you do not need to renew after that. I live in the Pacific NW

So, just to clarify with regards to the membership. If someone were to buy the Saturn model, and get the annual membership for the first year, then download 15 courses....then, the following year they don't renew their membership. Would that person lose those 15 courses, or are they theirs forever? Basically, do you have to keep your membership current in order to keep all downloaded courses?

Boston: To answer your question NO you do not lose those courses that you downloaded. Thats the beauty of IGOLF's system. Unlike Skycaddie where you NEED to subscribe yearly or else your GPS courses and unit is nonfunctional, the igolf allows you to download your courses and store them on your hard drive and once your subscription expires your GPS STILL works with the courses you have saved.

This was one of the biggest selling factors for me b/w the SC and igolf. Jeez igolf should sign me to a contract i've been selling their stuff hard!.