2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Kyle's Bag!

Nike, Tileist and Scotty Cameron.. Updated Feb 2
Hey guys, I thought it was time to update my WITB. There has been quite a few changes in my bag since my last one that I posted in the Spring.

First off, a bit about myself. I've been active around here for just over a year, and I ended up loving the site. I actually bought my irons and putter from the BST. Anyway, over the summer, I competed mostly in tournaments around the club. I didn't pay attention to how I finished in scrambles and stuff, they were just a fun time, but in the Jr. Club Champ, I finished T2. I was +14 over a 2 day period (+10,+4). My good playing there, got me into the mens club championship. I totally blew chunks the first day, I went +17, then +7 the second day. I guess I'm a day 2 grinder in these tourny's. I finished 4th low gross, but hey, I'm 16, 15 at the time, and any experience in a tournament is a good one. I also competed in a provincial Jr. Invitational, invitational was just a fancy word put in the title, I sent in my application, and showed up that morning. I went out and shot an 89, with 2 9's, but managed to slip a 3rd low gross in the juvenile devision. I finally thought I was done of competitive golf for the summer, until I was selected for my high school team. We went to regionals, finished 3rd, and we made golf Provincials for the first time in school history! It was a big deal, considering were a school of 120 or so. We ended up finishing 14/16 in the Provence, but it was a good time. OK, enough about me, here's the sticks.

IMG_3887.jpg

First off is the woods, The big stick, Titleist 909 D2 9.5* with a Project X 6C12. I haven't had much time to use it thanks to all the snow, but I hit it once one the simulator, and I hit it 289, with is almost 30 yards longer than my Dymo. I can't wait to get out and use it on the course, and give a good review.

My 3 wood is a Nike Sumo II, 13*, with just the regular steel shaft it came with it. I'll put something on it over the winter, not sure yet though. Its an alright club, I top it every now and then, but thats my ball position, and not the club. When I get it solid, it's a wonderful club.

The 5 wood is a Nike Sumo2 19*, with a stock stiff shaft. I absolutely love this club. Probably the best 5 wood I've hit, I don't think there's much to say about it other than that it'll be in my bag for a long time!

IMG_3893.jpg

Now the irons. I picked these up in the BST in the spring, and I love them(sometimes). They're Nike CCI forged, with Project X 6.0, and red multi comps. I find they're great on warm dry days, it feels like they slide thru the turf, and are pretty forgiving on the chunks. But if its wet out, the chunks are deadly. But enough about the negatives, when they're purely struck... Oh baby.. Nuff said. I play 5-pw with the irons, and a 4h in there. The hybrid is a Nike Slingshot tour. It's a solid club, and I have a PX 6.0 steel in it. Pretty straight, and tight dispersion.

IMG_3895.jpg
IMG_3894.jpg
IMG_3897.jpg

On the the wedges. I play a pretty high lofted setup, 56,60,64. I never find myself in a spot where I feel the need for a gap wedge. I was hitting balls in a simulator, and I found a choked down PW it just as good as a gap wedge. My 56 and 60 are Nike VR blacks. They haven't seen the course yet, but I played a VR 60* in the chrome, and I love it. The 64* is a Vokey. I found that even if its 64*, on a pure shot, its sends out a low spinner, which I love. Right now, it's got about 5 strips of lead tape on the cavity, I found it a little light. I also use the Vokey for scrambling around the green, which is almost as good as my driving.

IMG_3898.jpg

Finally, the flat stick. It's a Scotty Cameron Circa '62 Model 2. First, I bought the putter mainly for the looks, and ended up loving everything about it. I'm not the best putter, but it does the job when it needs to. I did the black oxide myself, and I think it turned out pretty well.. Recently, I put a jumbo Winn grip on it, feels great, and added a little weight to it. The paintfill is in my school colors, which are red and white.

IMG_3899.jpg

For balls, I don't have 1 specific ball I go to, but I have a couple that I usually play.
DSC04086.jpg
There's some Z Stars, Z Star X's, Pro V1x's, Nike One Tours, Penta's and Tour I(z)'s.

Here's some extra pics
IMG_3904.jpg
IMG_3905.jpg
IMG_3888.jpg

Now, it's time for the Shanktuary. A little project I did last winter, its a pretty good surface to putt on, considering it's just indoor/outdoor carpet. Also, the netting it just fish netting. And I just used AlmostPerfect golf balls which don't ricochet. .
DSC04110.jpg

Here's the most recent video of my swing as well...

I think that just about covers it! I hope you enjoy the post, I put quite a bit of time into it!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='B Keller' post='2157099' date='Jan 2 2010, 10:15 PM']I was quasi tongue in cheek. I know its just carpet but it is better than the carpet that I can roll putts on.[/quote]

haha yeah, I was hoping you were aware it was just carpet, and yes, it rolls extremely well. I figured out if i draw back my putter 1 inch, it rolls about 2 feet from the face of my putter, so its a perfect speed for me.

Hey whats the deal man those clubs are all backwards! HA! I love the set up and I Like the paint fill on the irons. I really like that R5 staff bag too. looks like its in good shape. I set up a little putting thing in my basement and i honestly thing it's going to help immensely for next season. Just amazing how you can really start to feel the stroke when it's the only golf related thing to be done with 3 feet of snow on the ground. Enjoy the new stuff!

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='KYMAR' post='2157128' date='Jan 2 2010, 10:28 PM']Hey whats the deal man those clubs are all backwards! HA! I love the set up and I Like the paint fill on the irons. I really like that R5 staff bag too. looks like its in good shape. I set up a little putting thing in my basement and i honestly thing it's going to help immensely for next season. Just amazing how you can really start to feel the stroke when it's the only golf related thing to be done with 3 feet of snow on the ground. Enjoy the new stuff![/quote]

Ahhhh, theres always snow golf. also the staff bag was only 50$!
Thanks man.

Like the paintfill. Now you just got the wedges to do.

PING G430 10k 9* Project X HZRDUS Hulk
PING G425 14.5* Tensei Orange 
PING G425 17* Tensei Orange
Titleist TSR Hybrids HZRDUS Silver 
PING i210 Irons Project X LZ
Edel Wedges S400 / TaylorMade MyMG4 Wedges S400
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Robert Mark Headcovers
Jordan Golf Shoes
PING Hoofer

[quote name='B Keller' post='2157958' date='Jan 3 2010, 10:41 AM']I use my 58 and Almost Golf balls to practice chipping and I can make full swings when I choke down.[/quote]

I love the almost perfect balls. I went on a trip to Maine last Spring and ay Dicks Sporting Goods they had a 36 pack for 30$ but it was opened, so they gave me half off :D.. I also like how you can draw and fade them, I try drawing them around my house when I practice, they don't hurt the siding, so its a great practice drill

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Ogre41' date='14 January 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1263524940' post='2182298']
I like the iron paintfill. You yetified the slingshots! I know a guy who has the same driver (well, right handed) and he crushes it. Truly an underrated club.
[/quote]

Yeah, its a great club, I chose it in 13* mainly for forgiveness, but for a higher loft club I can still easily carry 260ish which isn't bad I think. but unfortunately she no longer has a spot in my bag.
Thanks for the comment
KB

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

those look like my old irons, where did ya get them?

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Hmmm dont remember who I sold them too, but they had the exact same shafts and grips......

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

5 wood looks dirty.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

• 3 weeks later...