Enoyser WITB

Mostly PING
First What's In the Bag - I'm fairly happy with my bag at the moment, just need a new driver for next year, and I'd like to reshaft the 3 wood. Your thoughts on each would be helpful.

DRIVER: PING G15 9 with Serrano Stiff incoming!!! Will post pics once it arrives!
Currently the S9-1 F Speed, stock R shaft. Loved it when I got it, love the hot feel off the face, but I just balloon the ball with this thing right now. My swing has greatly improved over the past year or so and I've outgrown the R flex shafts. Ball flight is super high but straight, so I end up in the fairway, but get very little roll unless I'm playing on pavement or catch a hill. When its wet out I've carried this thing over 250 with a divot in front of where the ball lands (so obviously too much backspin).

3 WOOD: Titleist 909F2, stock Voodoo S shaft. Really like the club, like the compact head, but I hate this shaft. It launches too low for me, decent distance, but I like higher ballflight. Want to reshaft this thing with something that launches higher and looking for suggestions.

20 DEGREE HYBRID: PING Rapture V2, stock TFC S shaft. Love this club, super easy to hit, my go to club from the fairway on par 5's. In my opinion, the TFC PING shafts feel great, and I love the solid sounds this club makes. Replaced the headcover though, the snot green didn't go with anything wink.gif

IRONS: PING i15, AWT S shafts. Great clubs, perfect amount of forgiveness and playability, and the AWT shaft launches high so shots land soft. The long irons let you get away with imperfect swings too.

WEDGES: PING Tour W 52, 56, 60. Except for the 60, haven't used these outside yet. The 60 when I played it last year was great around the greens though, lots of spin, great from hard sand too.

PUTTER: PING Redwood Anser, 34 inches. Sweet feel, although not very forgiving I find. Really have to hit it pure to get that nice forged feel. The new SC Sonoma haunts my dreams however.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='williamo' date='28 February 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1267415844' post='2284633']
Wonderful bag mate, wish I had tryed the i15's more before I buyed the AP2's. Don't really know if the AP2's are the best choice for me. I LOVE PING!
[/quote]

Stick with the A2's - the i15's are great but are definitely cast and not as soft as a forged iron. I plan on getting the A2's in the fall when my game is ready for them ;)

Love the setup.

PING G430 10k 9* Project X HZRDUS Hulk
PING G425 14.5* Tensei Orange 
PING G425 17* Tensei Orange
Titleist TSR Hybrids HZRDUS Silver 
PING i210 Irons Project X LZ
Edel Wedges S400 / TaylorMade MyMG4 Wedges S400
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Robert Mark Headcovers
Jordan Golf Shoes
PING Hoofer

Very nice bag... :coolpics:

Check out my bag as I play the [b]i15[/b]'s but went with the Z-Z65 shafts to lower my ball flight as I laready hit the ball rather high...I seriously need to post a WITB...

[size=3][b]PING[/b] - Rapture V2, 17*, TFC 939 H, x-stiff
[b]PING [/b]- [color=#FF0000]i[/color]20 irons, 3 - PW, +3/4 Black dot, CFS stiff
[b]PING [/b]- Glide 50ss / 54ss, +1/2 Black dot, CFS wedge
[b]PING[/b] - Cadence TR B65, 35in
[b]W/S[/b] - Duo Spin[/size]

Hey, thanks for the complement. I tried the zz65 shaft, but it performed pretty much the same as the AWT for me in terms of distance and dispersion. I like the higher ballflight of the AWT, so I stuck with it.

I see that you had some grinding done on your wedges? I've got the 52 degree Tour-W and wanted some of the bounce taken off the thing (I don't know why its so high at 12!). Did you order it that way or did you have send your wedge into PING? How long did it take? Does it perform better with the grind done? Was it expensive?

Very nice bag... :coolpics:

Check out my bag as I play the [b]i15[/b]'s but went with the Z-Z65 shafts to lower my ball flight as I laready hit the ball rather high...I seriously need to post a WITB...
[/quote]

[quote name='enotsyer' date='09 March 2010 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1268153812' post='2304297']
I see that you had some grinding done on your wedges? I've got the 52 degree Tour-W and wanted some of the bounce taken off the thing (I don't know why its so high at 12!). Did you order it that way or did you have send your wedge into PING? How long did it take? Does it perform better with the grind done? Was it expensive? [/quote]

[size="2"]Actually I don't know yet as my GW & LW were sent to PING about a week ago...it is suppose to take three weeks from begining to end (from sending them to getting them back). I am excited though about how well these wedges will perform when I get them.

Kind of different deal in that I recently re-did my entire bag and decided to go back to PING. As I was trying to decided on wedges (looking at the Tour W) I was kind of thinking I would like all my clubs to [u]not have[/u] a black ferrule at the top of the head (where the shaft goes in) like my set of i15's and since they do not offer a GW or LW in the i15 I looked around and found an i10 GW & LW on the rack brand new and on sale...so I talked to my coach about whether these would play any different then say a Tour W and he said if I get them built the way I like they should play even better if not at least as good...so I purchased the i10's (GW & LW) and sent them to PING's WRX shop to have them made into white dots with Z-Z65 shafts. We got on their website and looked at the different grinds available and deiced on the ones you see in my sig. I decided on these grinds as I mainly will play my GW from the fairway and I had them also bend the GW to 52 degrees to take care of my gap but that increases the bounce...so I went with the bounce grind and wanted it to end up 10 degrees...I went with the T grind on my LW because this is the club I will use for almost every shot around the green and want it to be able to perform with any shot type I pick and I think this grind will give me what I want...make sense? I am not 100% sure of all the cost but my guy at EW usually does me a good deal... :good:[/size]

[b]PING [/b]- [color=#FF0000]i[/color]20 irons, 3 - PW, +3/4 Black dot, CFS stiff

I see that you had some grinding done on your wedges? I've got the 52 degree Tour-W and wanted some of the bounce taken off the thing (I don't know why its so high at 12!). Did you order it that way or did you have send your wedge into PING? How long did it take? Does it perform better with the grind done? Was it expensive?

Actually I don't know yet as my GW & LW were sent to PING about a week ago...it is suppose to take three weeks from begining to end (from sending them to getting them back). I am excited though about how well these wedges will perform when I get them.

Kind of different deal in that I recently re-did my entire bag and decided to go back to PING. As I was trying to decided on wedges (looking at the Tour W) I was kind of thinking I would like all my clubs to not have a black ferrule at the top of the head (where the shaft goes in) like my set of i15's and since they do not offer a GW or LW in the i15 I looked around and found an i10 GW & LW on the rack brand new and on sale...so I talked to my coach about whether these would play any different then say a Tour W and he said if I get them built the way I like they should play even better if not at least as good...so I purchased the i10's (GW & LW) and sent them to PING's WRX shop to have them made into white dots with Z-Z65 shafts. We got on their website and looked at the different grinds available and deiced on the ones you see in my sig. I decided on these grinds as I mainly will play my GW from the fairway and I had them also bend the GW to 52 degrees to take care of my gap but that increases the bounce...so I went with the bounce grind and wanted it to end up 10 degrees...I went with the T grind on my LW because this is the club I will use for almost every shot around the green and want it to be able to perform with any shot type I pick and I think this grind will give me what I want...make sense? I am not 100% sure of all the cost but my guy at EW usually does me a good deal... good.gif

Sounds like you a well thought out decision, I hope they work out for you! I'll talk to the fitter this Thursday and figure out which grind to get done on the 52 degree - I had TM wedges before and the 52 degree had 8 degrees of bounce, which was perfect for fairway shots for my swing. Never thought about getting the TS grind done on the 60...will consider it now though!

[quote name='stguest' date='09 March 2010 - 02:21 PM' timestamp='1268162505' post='2304559']
I really like this bag. I love the aesthetics of these clubs together. They all look great and I like to hear about other people that ditch stock headcovers and replace them with headcovers that look better in the bag. Makes me feel good that I'm not alone on that.
[/quote]

Thanks man, the Rapture headcover just looked weird in there so I had to replace it! There were just waay too many colors going on in there. When the G15 driver comes in I plan on using a bear shaped headcover that I'm having custom made to fit!!!

[quote name='enotsyer' date='09 March 2010 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1268184354' post='2305371']Sounds like you a well thought out decision, I hope they work out for you! I'll talk to the fitter this Thursday and figure out which grind to get done on the 52 degree - I had TM wedges before and the 52 degree had 8 degrees of bounce, which was perfect for fairway shots for my swing. Never thought about getting the TS grind done on the 60...will consider it now though!
[/quote]

[size="2"]Thanks and I have had plenty of time to think about how I wanted to set my bag up as I had shoulder surgery (rotator and labrum tear) done in January and I probably won't be able to even hit my wedges until late April possibly May...:cry:

However, my wedges came in the other day and they are friggin sweeeeeeeeeeet! PING WRX shop is awesome! Not only did they grind them exactly like I wanted but then they polished them out so they look great! I cannot wait to start playing these wedges...oh yeah it took about 2 1/2 weeks total turn around to have them done at PING and I think the total charge for both wedges was $45...hope this helps![/size]

Sounds like you a well thought out decision, I hope they work out for you! I'll talk to the fitter this Thursday and figure out which grind to get done on the 52 degree - I had TM wedges before and the 52 degree had 8 degrees of bounce, which was perfect for fairway shots for my swing. Never thought about getting the TS grind done on the 60...will consider it now though!

Thanks and I have had plenty of time to think about how I wanted to set my bag up as I had shoulder surgery (rotator and labrum tear) done in January and I probably won't be able to even hit my wedges until late April possibly May...cray.gif

However, my wedges came in the other day and they are friggin sweeeeeeeeeeet! PING WRX shop is awesome! Not only did they grind them exactly like I wanted but then they polished them out so they look great! I cannot wait to start playing these wedges...oh yeah it took about 2 1/2 weeks total turn around to have them done at PING and I think the total charge for both wedges was $45...hope this helps!

AAAh, sorry to hear about your shoulder, but I'm glad the wedges worked out. I took mine into PING the other day to have the lie checked, apparently in the shorter irons black is the color for me so didn't make any changes. Fitter suggested I try to play the 52 at its current bounce, said that in real world conditions I probably won't notice a difference, so I'll take his word for it for now and see how it goes. My clubs' driving range opens this weekend so will finally get to see the ball flight on the wedges and on the new G15 that I picked up last week. Can't wait!!!

[quote name='enotsyer' date='18 March 2010 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1268955133' post='2325903']AAAh, sorry to hear about your shoulder, but I'm glad the wedges worked out. I took mine into PING the other day to have the lie checked, apparently in the shorter irons black is the color for me so didn't make any changes. Fitter suggested I try to play the 52 at its current bounce, said that in real world conditions I probably won't notice a difference, so I'll take his word for it for now and see how it goes. My clubs' driving range opens this weekend so will finally get to see the ball flight on the wedges and on the new G15 that I picked up last week. Can't wait!!![/quote]

[size="2"]You have the TOUR W 52 deg right? I think the stock bounce on that is 11 which should be fine for what you will be using it for according to your earlier post…also remember that companies measure bounce differently so the 8 deg on your TM wedge compared to the Tour W at 11 might not be that different (even though it may look a little different)…I have always played lower bounce in my gap wedges so I wanted to stay around 10…the reason I had my i10 GW grinded with the bounce grind was to keep it at 10 because the WRX shop was also going to bend it from 50 deg to 52 deg and that would automatically add bounce…so with the bounce grind it basically took it back to stock (give or take a few degrees of bounce).

I hope you get out to hit that G15 driver soon and it meets your expectations…it is a great driver. I live in Florida and the weather is perfect but I cannot swing because of my shoulder…very frustrating. However, I am going to the Transition Championship this weekend at Innisbrook…:good:[/size]

sweet bag, i really like the redwoods, came very close to buying that putter last year.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

• 6 months later...

Alright, update time:

Been playing the G15 9 Degree Serrano Stiff all year. Custom ordered from Ping at 45 inches and D3 swingweight. I kept posting on there that I loved this club and its forgiveness, which is true, but certain swing changes made me have to rely on the forgiveness too much! I've since fixed up the swing this season and finally I'm hitting this thing in the centre of the face. It flies miles and hits low for me, and since I'm playing in Australia now (golf never stops down here) I get plenty of roll, but I do wonder if I could get a little more distance with a little higher launch...to be continued I guess, but I'm in the middle of the fairway even with a miss hit, and when I do catch it pure it feels great.

The i15 fairway - also been playing this club all this season. Mid trajectory, relatively forgiving, great sound. I like this club but have to say I miss my old Taylormade Burner (the all black one). It was [i]stupid[/i] easy to hit, and I got away with bad swings more than I do with the i15. I should have never sold it!

Callaway X Forged 62 Degree wedge - the Mac Daddy grooves on this club are ridiculous. It took a couple of rounds to get used to the spin I must admit, but since then it has become my go to club around the greens. Simple chips have tons of spin, and pitch shots actually check up or one hop and stop. I don't take full swings with it, but I'm afraid the ball might split in half if I did, as pitch shots leave little white strings in the grooves.

The i15 irons and 20 Degree Rapture v2 hybrid remain, as does the Redwood putter. As I mentioned, I might have to re-buy the Taylormade Burner 3 wood as it was such a money club, but other than that everything else will stay in the bag for the Australian golf season.

[attachment=667719:DSC_4908.JPG]
[attachment=667735:DSC_4917.JPG]

[attachment=667734:DSC_4920.jpg]
[attachment=667730:DSC_4928.JPG]

[quote name='SpinMill75' timestamp='1286615179' post='2735462']
Nice set! I am a fellow PING guy as well.....

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or do I also see two Tour-W wedges in your bag? Show the love!!

Cheers!
[/quote]

Ya, there's two Tour-W's in the bag, 52 and 56. There's a bit of a gap between the 52 and PW, but it doesn't really bother me, I actually use the PW and 56 the most; I use the PW for anything over 70 yards, with just a half swings etc., and I have to say the i15 PW is amazing for that...kind of makes me want to get the GW too and drop the 52 all together. We'll see what happens.

[quote name='golfer6' timestamp='1286637856' post='2735639']
I have a PING Redwood putter as well. How do you like yours?
:smilie_ping:
[/quote]

It's a great putter. I've always been a pretty good putter, but now I benefit from the feel of the ball "melting" into the forged face when putting. Putts hit off the toe/heel don't feel as good but they still go where they are supposed to go, I guess that's the point of the anser design. I originally bought it at 35 inches, but since then had it shortened to 34 and put on a pingman blackout grip. The putting stroke just feels really good at that length, and although it took a round or two to get used to it, its a money club now. Not sure about the headcover, I wish the velcro was on the other side of the closure - do you find yours coming off easily? I've had mine come off a couple of times this year and having to go back a couple of holes to find it again is not much fun.