2024 3M Open What's In The Bag Photos ×

Nike 2006 Tour Numbers

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think it's fair to leave off putters...when they count things like shoes

I agree. Nike knows that their line of putters is an embarressment so it wasn't shown for a reason. I can't believe that they haven't addressed this sooner. There was a roomer going around that they were going to align with one of the "putter guys" but i can't remember which one.

this is nuts. gotta admit its pretty good advertising when a random, no-name nike staffer wins every other week.

i dont think it's that big of deal that nike isnt making waves with putters. theyve been clear from the beginning that they were going to emphasize different segments at different times and gradually grow the brand.

Considering how much nike spends paying people to play you would think those numbers would be higher. If they were all paid the same it would be Titleist across the board........ :idhitit:

They can't pay for wins though. If you did the math with any OEM this year for pay to play and wins, Nike would definitely be getting their money's worth.

What were those TM driver numbers posted on here recently? Over 1100 in play this year so far and 5 wins (1100/5=220). Nike was around 230 drivers and 6 wins at the time of that posting (230/6=38). Thats not bashing, those are facts.

Nike has the most money to pay their athletes. Not just that though, because I don't know if nike pays any more than the other companies, but they want their logo EVERYWHERE, and they have more money than most of the OEM's combined, and that's scary to fathom, but true. They've been around forever. They want their hands on everything and everybody. The numbers on tour really don't mean anything to me at all. I know there are other factors that play a bigger role in who plays what.

Considering how much nike spends paying people to play you would think those numbers would be higher. If they were all paid the same it would be Titleist across the board........ :D

They can't pay for wins though. If you did the math with any OEM this year for pay to play and wins, Nike would definitely be getting their money's worth.

What were those TM driver numbers posted on here recently? Over 1100 in play this year so far and 5 wins (1100/5=220). Nike was around 230 drivers and 6 wins at the time of that posting (230/6=38). Thats not bashing, those are facts.

Nike has the most money to pay their athletes. Not just that though, because I don't know if nike pays any more than the other companies, but they want their logo EVERYWHERE, and they have more money than most of the OEM's combined, and that's scary to fathom, but true. They've been around forever. They want their hands on everything and everybody. The numbers on tour really don't mean anything to me at all. I know there are other factors that play a bigger role in who plays what.

Nike does have enough and they do pay well. And they do want that little nike swoosh (which they paid a portland graphic student $25 to get back when bowerman and steve prefontaine were still alive) on every single piece of athletic equipment and clothing in this universe. College, Pro, you name it. But I work with a coach who also works with a few tour players locally and I asked a few of them why they play the clubs they do and it always comes back to money. One TPlayer inpaticular play's cleveland irons and TM woods because TM pays him allot more to play them. TM definetely made a big push recently to get allot of face value out of their drivers. But really, I'm not going to run out and pay $800.00 for their "tour Issue" R7 460? who would? You could spend that on lessons and get allot more out of it. The big companies push allot of clubs to make money and they do so by getting their logo everywhere they can and paying mega millions to people like tiger and Wie (they definetely gambled on that one) But my simple stated fact is that most tour players before someone "showed them the money" were playing Titleist. Hence the reason SC and BV work for them.

I may have my head up my @** but from where I'm standing that's how it looks

:hi: :idhitit:

I think it is safe to say that Nike does not pay near the money out as some of the other manufacturers. How can anyone say that Nike pays more then all of the others combined?? Thats crazy. Nike does not even pay as much as Taylormade and I doubt that they pay what Titleist does. Tiger gets a ton of money from Nike and thats it. The rest have just been fortunate pick ups for Nike and they happen to get a few good wins. Does anyone really think that anyone else other then Tiger and Chad Cambell get much at all from Nike???

I think it is safe to say that Nike does not pay near the money out as some of the other manufacturers. How can anyone say that Nike pays more then all of the others combined?? Thats crazy. Nike does not even pay as much as Taylormade and I doubt that they pay what Titleist does. Tiger gets a ton of money from Nike and thats it. The rest have just been fortunate pick ups for Nike and they happen to get a few good wins. Does anyone really think that anyone else other then Tiger and Chad Cambell get much at all from Nike???

Who ever said that? GBurgs said "and they have more money than most of the OEM's combined, and that's scary to fathom, but true" :idhitit:

good numbers for '06 ... we're seeing more and more nike players stepping-up and playing on the

weekend in primetime and winning ... the numbers don't lie, i don't care how much you pay them ...

nike is a sporting goods company ... golf has been given the "sport" moniker for a while and it's only

a matter of time before the big bad wolf in the sporting industry take over the golf industry ...

That is pretty sick! I have to play that P-One ball. You can actually see that ball win tournaments. "That shot is coming in hot. It needs to spin!" Ya, it spins!!!! Not too much! Not too little! Just right.

My next purchase will be a new box of P-Ones!

I just did a little research . . . . Through 22 tournaments the Nike One Platnum ball has 16 top-5 finishes and 7 wins. MORE THAN anyone else.

:idhitit:

Great post.

when i was active in tennis, i knew for a fact that Nike wanted as much coverage as possible in the apparel line. for pros playing satelite an challenger series they would pay no less the USD 65,000 and bonuses for doing well and moving up the rankings...btw wilson did this too to get market share and exposure.

so the no-name pros can make a living and if lucky and combined with hard work they become loyalto nike or helping them out.

on the pga tour, it seems like they have a few veterans(john cook) tour regs(stephan ames) and a lot of young guys...great exposure, nothing wrong there...

i hate thier shoes...3 have died on me within 3 months, glue they use is not suited to tropical weather

Who ever said that? GBurgs said "and they have more money than most of the OEM's combined, and that's scary to fathom, but true" :crazy:

I don't know who pays what to their players, but I do know that Nike has more money than you can imagine. How do they make MORE money? Marketing and advertising their swoosh...I give them credit for making a great driver in the SQ, at least that's what I've heard from the good players I know that have hit it. Nike may be the first sponsor to reach professional golfers with deals because they could probably afford to staff everyone on tour. Not saying they pay their players more than any OEM. Never said that. But they are likely always there among the first to make offers when it comes to sponsoring new players.

Who ever said that? GBurgs said "and they have more money than most of the OEM's combined, and that's scary to fathom, but true" :yahoo:

My bad. I misunderstood the comment. If you ask me they all pay way to much money. :crazy: Imagine what it would be like if no manufacturers were allowed to pay the players to use equipment. Wonder who would be on top then.........

None of those numbers surprise me.....

except for the wedges....I would have expected that to be much lower with the quality of all the other specialty wedge OEMs out there.

but of the wins with wedges, how many were sv wedges and how many were the old forged wedges? it seems like every time you see pictures of a nike players bag its the forged wedge. i'm not knocking either the forged or sv, i think they are great and the sv is very reasonably priced. i wish it had other finish options and bounce options.

i'm suprised there aren't more wins for the balls. the one balls are awesome, but apparently not all the nike players agree.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

WOW im always impressed with the reactions and the quote from the NIKE haters, when only the obvious has been stated. since when has TITLEIST won in the putter catergory? yea thats what i thought, SCOTTY did. thats like saying HOGAN won when BETTINARDI designs win. you see my point.

last time i heard NIKE was a 65 billion dollar company. when it gets hungry it will eat and it doesnt matter whats in the way. dont be surprised when TITLEIST can't afford to hold SCOTTY'S hand anymore. im sure when NIKE is ready they will be ready.

stating the obvious about NIKE wins, isn't showing a bias only the outright facts. the R&D is coming strong. hold on TITLEIST, TAYLORMADE, ETC. as long as you can, because an infant company like NIKE is sure becoming the favorite child.

I dont think they are nike haters but who knows. Youre right though Titleist doesn' t win the putter catagory but scotty does and at any time nike could write a blank check to scotty to move. Will it happen? I like Titleist because I hit em well, no other reason. I will admit however that all of my bags are full of one platnium balls simply because they are softer, carry farther, and are more playable for me. Nike? they are the microsoft of the sports industy......

WOW im always impressed with the reactions and the quote from the NIKE haters, when only the obvious has been stated. since when has TITLEIST won in the putter catergory? yea thats what i thought, SCOTTY did. thats like saying HOGAN won when BETTINARDI designs win. you see my point.

last time i heard NIKE was a 65 billion dollar company. when it gets hungry it will eat and it doesnt matter whats in the way. dont be surprised when TITLEIST can't afford to hold SCOTTY'S hand anymore. im sure when NIKE is ready they will be ready.

stating the obvious about NIKE wins, isn't showing a bias only the outright facts. the R&D is coming strong. hold on TITLEIST, TAYLORMADE, ETC. as long as you can, because an infant company like NIKE is sure becoming the favorite child.

Actually, before comp-anies started "showing the money", most tour players played Mizuno.

WITB

Ping G430 Max 10K 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Titleist T100 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT White S300 Stiff

Titleist T150 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0 Stiff

Titleist T200 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Black S300 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM10 46-10F, 50-12F, 52-12F, 54-10S, 58-10S, 60-12D

Titleist Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5 / 2023 Newport

Titleist Pro V1

I dont think it's fair to leave off putters...when they count things like shoes

very very true...i'm a lil mad at nike's dominance but i do respect the company. i think putters should be counted to create a full idea of the company

Why would you be "mad at Nike's dominance"? TM's dominance over the years has brought about some great innovation while some companies continually recycle or rehash old products. It's great that Nike, and now Cleveland with the Hibore, have started to think outside the box. If certain companies don't pick up the pace, they'll end up a story like Wilson, great in their heyday but now a bargain deal.