Stewart Golf Z1 Trolley (And other premium carts)

Anyone got one?
Hi All,

Currently looking around at Trolleys, had a go with a rental SM SC v2 (You cant really find the v2's here in the UK so it would prob be a v1) at a local course and have been reading all the good reviews about the Clicgear 3.0 but I have now come across the Z1 and wondered if anyone had one?

Problem I have is that I have a stupid car, your supposed to be able to get 2 sets of clubs in (have had 2 stand bags in) but I tried to fit the v2 into either of the section of the boot (trunk!) and it wouldnt fit, it would fit in the rear part of the boot but then I couldnt shut the boot lid!... The 3.0 would fit I think (and if it didnt at least I can put it in the passengers side)

The thing I quite like about the Stewart is that you can remove all 3 wheels so it should all fit in the boot.....

Also! If anyone has the Stewart, hows the brake? I like the hand leavers on the v2 and the 3.0 but the Stewart has a little foot tab thing... Just wondering if you have had any issues (if anyone has one of the other footbrake carts please chip in!!)

I have also looked at the BigMax IQ and the Masters i-cart as options, but on the high end carts does anyone else have any other styles to add? TourTrek etc....

Thanks in advance for your uinput....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after a bit of looking around and going to the golf shops in the area I have finally found a winner!

I set off to buy a Clicgear after reading so many reports on here, got to the shop ready to hand over the readies, but asked the sales assistant if I could try fitting the clicgear in my car before I bought, no problem he said so we went out to the car to find it wouldnt fit in the boot of my 350z..... Anyone that knows the cars will know it has a stupid torsion bar in the rear splitting the boot into 2... It was too tall to fit in the rear section and too wide to fit in the front section, if the wheels would have come off then it would have fit but they dont without the help of a spanner (not that I would have wanted to be fitting wheels onto a cart before a round anyway!) and I didnt fancy a cart riding shotgun with me to the golfcourse... a few roads too and from the course I play allow for "spirited" driving and I didnt fancy the cart getting in the way of a few gear changes!

So back into the shop I went and ended up purchasing a Master iCart (Pretty much the same as the Tour Trek One-Click) as this one went quite small and the rear wheels could be removed thus meaning it would fit in the smaller section of the boot and my clubs would go in the rear... Problem was though when getting home I felt it wasnt that stable when putting my full bag and clubs on.. Also found that my Mizuno stand bag wouldnt fit properly due to the bracket at the top of the arms getting in the way and also it really didnt feel stable at the bottom as the hinge bracket at the bottom of the bag didnt sit right on the cart... I really didnt fancy getting a cart bag as I would have an issue getting it in the boot.... And I REALLY dont fancy swapping my car just yet!!

So, this morning I had a ring around the local braches of the store where I got my icart from and found one that had the Stewart Z1 in stock, went over and exchanged and now have the cart I should have gone for in the first place!

Got home and unpacked, out the box this cart is a dream, all three wheels are on quick release and they fit on really quick, flick one switch and it opens up the handle section, flick another switch and the rest opens up, flick both switches back and you have a really solid, well balanced bit of kit. First try with the bag was really easy, the bottom bracket on the cart that holds the bottom of the bag is made for stand bags and the bag felt really stable, the bottom bag straps really solid and the quick release bungees are a dream to use, the top bag brackets are also really solid, and as this cart is designed to take a stand bag the stands do not interfear and infact the leg bracket on the bag helps to keep the bag stable on the cart and there is no way you will get bag twist. As we all know, stand bags are generally oval and Stewart have designed the jaws so they will accomodate both oval and round bags. Again nice bungees and QR fixings keep things nice and snug.. Took it for a quick run round the garden and all felt really nice and solid and it just glided accross the ground..

Comes with a umbrella holder but there is no where to clip this too when not in use... so its sort of in the way.. Could do with a holder somewhere under the console..

Only thing I have as a bit of an issue is the storage console, will fit 3 balls, some tees and not much else, I was hoping to fit my blackberry in there and and a few other bits, Also there are no holes on the top for putting tees and a pencil in (like the SM V1 and V2) . The drink holder fits in a large water bottle which is good but it looks like getting it out will be slightly impeeded by the clubs.

As this is a premium trolley then I would have thought that there would have been some other "hangers" like on the clicgear, but there isnt. I like the thought of having a towell hanging off the push bar so i will have to work out a way of attaching a caribina... a ziptie should suffice for now..

Stewart seem to like a bit of innovation so I hope they will be bringing out some solutions and more accessories in the future (if stewart read these pages then I am happy to try them out!!)

So first time to use in anger will be tomorrow, happy to post pics and further reports if anyone is interested.. (Also as its a white cart and my headcovers are all TM (black, red, white), the bag is a blue and black so causing a bit of a colour clash so I may be changing by bag for a red one at some point in the future... !! )

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got round to taking some pics of the storm trooper..

The smallest it can get

DSC01953.jpg

Wheels on

DSC01954.jpg

Ready for action

DSC01955.jpg

DSC01956.jpg

Jaws wide open

DSC01958.jpg

Ready for the bag

DSC01959.jpg

Foot

DSC01960.jpg

Bag on

DSC01961.jpg

As you can see the bag stand dosnt interfere with the jaws in any way

Base

DSC01962.jpg

Stand bag is very stable downon the botttom

To close..

Flick this

DSC01964.jpg

Not the dog... you will loose a finger!

Fold that

DSC01966.jpg

Flick this

DSC01967.jpg

Fold that

DSC01968.jpg

Job done, up and down in seconds!

Have used it a few more times now and cant really fault it, great bit of kit and worth the extra cash IMO!

• 5 months later...