Ebay what could be worse...

Z-Man

Don`t mess with them
Saturday I went to my computer and found this....Hello zmangolf1 ([email protected]),

This email is to notify you that your account has been suspended for a minimum of 7 days due to violation of our Shill Bidding Policy.

Shill Bidding is bidding that artificially increases an item's price or apparent desirability. Shill Bidding is prohibited on eBay. Information on eBay's Shill Bidding Policy can be found at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller...ll-bidding.html

Your account has been found to be involved in Shill Bidding with the following associated accounts:

jarky37
happydaze2869
msaunds83
cheryl41010

You are prohibited from using eBay in any way (including use of other existing accounts or registering new accounts) during your suspension.

Any auctions you currently have open have been cancelled. Please note that any fees incurred for these auctions will not be credited back to your account.

Your account will remain suspended for a minimum of 7 days, after which time you may appeal the suspension by replying to this email.

Regards,

SafeHarbor Department
eBay, Inc. I wrote back this reply...Message: Who are those bidders? This is a very serious thing.. I want
some answers right now... Not a very happy Ebayer at this time...then this... never did what your accusing me of doing.... This is America where you're innocent until proven guilty.. What kind of BS is this.
Those 4 people that you said I did something with I never have dealt with them ever....The only thing is we're from Wisconsin. I'm not very happy about this whatsoever... Zmangolf1 never cheats... never. This came back today...

Dear zmangolf1,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your Shill Bidding Suspension
appeal.

Your account was suspended because we found solid and sufficient
evidence to prove that you had involved in Shill Bidding activities.
Due to privacy concerns, we can't give out the actual evidence we have
and any other information that were found in your case.

Moreover, I've reviewed your account, as well as the information you
provided. Shill bidding is a serious violation of eBay policy. In light
of the evidence in our records, your suspension will remain in effect
for 30 days from the date it was issued.

Sellers are *never* allowed, under any circumstances, to bid on their
own item or have someone else do it for them. To avoid even the
appearance of shill bidding, family members of a seller, people living
with a seller, or people working for a seller may not bid on the
seller's items.

To learn more about shill bidding and why it's prohibited on eBay, go
to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/shill-bidding.html

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Vanessa R.

I just want everone to know I am Innocent... What should I do? I started out with 1 week and now have 4...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is very Odd. They extended your Suspension???? Very odd. Is there a way to escalate it? They should show you the proof they have..

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Don't you guys in the US have some sort of privacy act where any information held about you has to be released if you request it? I know they do in the UK, and I'm pretty sure they do here.

If you do, just go back to them and mention the relevant legislation, that normally gets people moving.

Don't you guys in the US have some sort of privacy act where any information held about you has to be released if you request it? I know they do in the UK, and I'm pretty sure they do here.

If you do, just go back to them and mention the relevant legislation, that normally gets people moving.

It's called the Freedom of Information Act and it applies principally to public information. Unfortunately, eBay is a business. I don't believe they have provide you with ANYTHING in order to discontinue providing you access.

Since this is a case of false accusation, I would probably appeal to someone in person ( I believe they have a phone number buried somewhere that you can call). At the sametime, I would 'attend' one of the many eBay Town Hall meetings and voice your concern about identy theft since that is what this clearly is :idhitit:

It's called the Freedom of Information Act and it applies principally to public information. Unfortunately, eBay is a business. I don't believe they have provide you with ANYTHING in order to discontinue providing you access.

Since this is a case of false accusation, I would probably appeal to someone in person ( I believe they have a phone number buried somewhere that you can call). At the sametime, I would 'attend' one of the many eBay Town Hall meetings and voice your concern about identy theft since that is what this clearly is :idhitit:

Well that sucks.

It means that companies can hold whatever info on you that they want and you don't have any recourse to find out what it is?

In the UK if a company holds any info on you, you have the right to see what they have about you. From finance info, to notes on files. If they have it, you can see it. Privacy Act or something like that.

Privacy laws in the US are in place to prevent non-affiliated companies from sharing your personal information with other companies and individuals without your consent. I work for a large Wall Street firm and we have online training on a regular basis regarding privacy laws. I don't think privacy laws would cover this situation since eBay is not sharing the personal information with another non-affiliated entity.

With regard to the eBay situation, it sounds like you are basically hosed. This is one of the reasons why many people have stopped doing business on eBay. They'll suspend your account at will, and take money from your PayPal account if a buyer files a dispute, even if you were right.

just make sure when you logged in ...it was actually ebay.. Could be a good way to phish.

I'm with Johnny, I get at least a dozen of these phishing emails every single day. Are you sure you didn't get phished?

So many of these phishing attempts look increasingly like the real thing. Even though I'm very conscious of them, every couple of days I find a new one with a slightly new twist that makes me almost hit the reply button . . . but then I come to my senses and figure out it's a spoof site.

A couple of ways you can check this is to check the URL - it's usually some wacky (and probably long) nonsensical URL. Also get the ebay toolbar and/or newest Internet Explorer - both of which will warn you whenever you log onto a suspicious site.

I'd be really careful going forward on this.

just make sure when you logged in ...it was actually ebay.. Could be a good way to phish.

this is exactly what i was thinking...i get a ton of emails from them all the time saying this, and to put in certain account numbers, etc...when i actually contact some within ebay, it's all a hoax

Srixon Z565 10* 1* open Fubuki J S
Titleist 904F 13* Graffaloy Comp NT Blue Hybrid R tipped
PXG 317X 19* Aldila NV 2KXV Blue S
Srixon H45 Aldila NV 2KXV Blue S or 545 4i Steelfiber i95 S (depending on course)
Srixon 745 5-PW Steelfiber i95 S
SM6 Vokey 50* F grind, 56* S grind, 60* M grind--all with KBS 610's
Betti BB53C counterbalanced

Ebay always addresses your by your name (not ebay i.d. or email) in legitimate emails, but if it is real (I noticed you're listed as "no longer a registered user")....

jarky37

happydaze2869

msaunds83

cheryl41010

Did these people bid of any of your items?

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

All I can say is WOW!!! I cant believe that they came to this conclusion. I just went through all your feedback that I could even look at. Not 1 bid from any of the people they say your working with. Not only that but a POWER SELLER with no negative feedbacks!! Also the last 50 feedbacks you only have 1 auction with multiple bids and again not one user name mentioned was on that bidder list. I think again the proof is in the pudding. Have someone show you where those bids are. I have had a few encounters with ebay that were crap. I am sure we all have our own stories but I know you are a honest seller and I hope everything works out. Hopefully an ebay apology email is owed to you. Selling doesnt stop with ebay!! I am looking for a lefty putter to add to my collection. Let me know what you have.

I've given up on ebay. My account was suspended for the same reasons. I tried everything, even contacted the bidders and they wrote safe harbor, but ebay terminated me. I had 128 transactions, 100 percent positive. I told them they can take their fees, and I would sell on other sites like here.

I know I have bought from z-man golf without a problem He's a great guy. It's just ebays ego getting in the way and their inability to admit they made a mistake.

-CHRIS-

Here was mine:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ychris&iid=

They track IP's and if the seller and buyer come from the same subnet then they suspect shilling. So if any of those other users live close to you and use the same internet provider then they may believe you are working with them.

My suggestion: Call them and talk to a live person.

Phone numbers:

(Not positive on these, found them on the web)

(408) 37

67451 Jake Something Support

67448 Kelly Underwood

67445 John Beck Former Employee

67444 eBay Business

67443 Arlene ??

67439 Anne Paretti

67435 connie yang

67432 Jennifer Jucaukin 408-806-3431

67420 Global Help Desk

67419 Gary Dellabo Ebay Strategic Partnership's Group

67415 anita

67414 Meg Whitman's Fax

67412 anita of Meg Whitman's Office

67411 Pierre's Secretary

67410 Pierre Omeddiere

Or you could try Live Help: http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/n-livehelp.html

Jarky37 - Member since 07 April 2006 - 35 Feedback. 97.4% Positive - No Longer a Registered User

happydaze2869 -- Member Since July - 6 feedback 100% Positive - No Longer a Registered User

msaunds83 - Member sine 19 July 04 - 34 Feebacks. 100% Positive - No Longer a Registered User

cheryl41010 - Member Since August. 1 feedback. 100% Positive. - No Longer a Registered User

I would love to see what proof they have on you. I see that cheryl was the winning bidder of happy's auction. And Hapy was the winning bidder on one of jarkys auctions, but thats all I can see. LOL Stuff like this, combined with them rasiting their selling fees, has made it where I am glad I am not a seller on there anymore. If I see something I just have to have....I have a friends bid on it. then I pay him. I hate even going on there. Hopefully it works out for you. I know that byron I bought from you on there was amazing. How many sellers would actually take the time to call a buyer and confirm the specs I wanted and to discuss golf in general.

-CHRIS-

Zman im not a huge ebayer and reading about this "shill" is new to me. But i think you got hosed. Also why was there so many "NO LONGER A REGISTERED USER" listings on your feedback listings. did maybe some of them do something wrong and you had done business with them. i guess im just confused. like i said i think you got hosed! :idhitit:

Well the mystery has been solved. The 4 bidders...jarky37

happydaze2869

msaunds83

cheryl41010 All work at Car Dealership with

my brother ... He said .. I know who they are,2 people.They

have been suspended for Shill bidding.. On a few different occasions I have

bid on my brothers computer for him on golf stuff.He does not have a EBAY

account... All of these computers are tied together at the Car dealership.

Like I said I am innocent... I don`t even know these people. I need to get this cleared up

Well the mystery has been solved. The 4 bidders...jarky37

happydaze2869

msaunds83

cheryl41010 All work at Car Dealership with

my brother ... He said .. I know who they are,2 people.They

have been suspended for Shill bidding.. On a few different occasions I have

bid on my brothers computer for him on golf stuff.He does not have a EBAY

account... All of these computers are tied together at the Car dealership.

Like I said I am innocent... I don`t even know these people. I need to get this cleared up

That will definately raise some red flags at Fleabay.

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

Even though you are not guilty you would have to admit that it looks fishy - people that work with your brother have been bidding on your auctions - jeeeez !!!! Good luck with fighting that one 'cos that is what it will turn out to be, one big fight.

I feel sorry for you but I am glad that ebay spots things like that.