2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Miura Black KM-350 Limited 69 Made

golfasaurus

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='jim85250' timestamp='1315258385' post='3543670']
How much and where do I purchase... I just picked up the black blades so i definitely have to fork over more $$ for the putter, of course... I'm guessing $450-$650 range can anyone verify?
[/quote]

I have the limited forged also, I had the regular km-350 in the bag before this badboy came out had to have it, your right on the money $500, although I heard you might have a hard time getting one now as there are only a few left.

[quote name='Dr.JP' timestamp='1315427158' post='3548836']
How much and where do I purchase... I just picked up the black blades so i definitely have to fork over more $ for the putter, of course... I'm guessing $450-$650 range can anyone verify?
[/quote]

I have the limited forged also, I had the regular km-350 in the bag before this badboy came out had to have it, your right on the money $500, although I heard you might have a hard time getting one now as there are only a few left.
[/quote]

Got mine from Torque Golf, the official regional distributor in Asia. Pulled the trigger when it first came out.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Torque-Golf/187554882696"]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Torque-Golf/187554882696[/url]

After my recent rounds improved by 10 strokes gaming my new Miura blades and wedges, the man has got a direct line to my bank account virtually. In Hands of God I trust.

• 2 months later...

Just picked up mine. My comments:

First impression - I was amazed, even a little shocked, at how small it was. It also felt unexpectedly heavy in my hands, a nice solid heft to it. Two paradigms shifted at one go.

Hmm, I wonder how it would putt. Lined it up with a ball, and stroked it.

Wow. Never felt any putter THAT soft. Exquisitely rich feedback. Giving me the confidence to lag putts that much more precisely.

How can solid metal feel like cotton? Hard to comprehend, a final paradigm shifted, but loving the results.

I dropped by the nearby putting green to try it out just now. Short session, lasting less than 15 min. Amazingly soft on the green, it makes butter seem hard, so 'buttery soft' may not do it sufficient justice. Will have to come up with another term.

I don't practice putting on the green very often, just like to stroke the putting mat I have at home now and then. So it was quite amazing to find myself lagging 60-footers (20 steps) nicely in minutes after getting used to the weight and feel of this baby.

The mass, concentrated on a small head, seems to resist distortion better when it comes to making a long putt. Whether it's a toe hit or heel hit, it's still pretty close to the CG so it powers through regardless, without losing the line much. And the rich feedback gets my feel up to speed fast.

Now I'm eagerly awaiting the game tomorrow to see/feel how it plays.

[quote name='lee36328' timestamp='1323934962' post='3942267']

First impression - I was amazed, even a little shocked, at how small it was. It also felt unexpectedly heavy in my hands, a nice solid heft to it. Two paradigms shifted at one go.

Wow. Never felt any putter THAT soft. Exquisitely rich feedback. Giving me the confidence to lag putts that much more precisely.

How can solid metal feel like cotton? Hard to comprehend, a final paradigm shifted, but loving the results.

I dropped by the nearby putting green to try it out just now. Short session, lasting less than 15 min. Amazingly soft on the green, it makes butter seem hard, so 'buttery soft' may not do it sufficient justice. Will have to come up with another term.

I don't practice putting on the green very often, just like to stroke the putting mat I have at home now and then. So it was quite amazing to find myself lagging 60-footers (20 steps) nicely in minutes after getting used to the weight and feel of this baby.

The mass, concentrated on a small head, seems to resist distortion better when it comes to making a long putt. Whether it's a toe hit or heel hit, it's still pretty close to the CG so it powers through regardless, without losing the line much. And the rich feedback gets my feel up to speed fast.

[/quote]

What he said...seriously nice review I could not have written it better. Ive had mine for about 3 months and a few rounds. both the LE and the chrome are the best putters I've ever rolled.

How much and where do I purchase... I just picked up the black blades so i definitely have to fork over more $$ for the putter, of course... I'm guessing $450-$650 range can anyone verify?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Now available on EBay...I almost never believe the gimmicky 1 out of only x produced.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-MIURA-Limited-Edition-1-69-BLACK-KM-350-1957-FORGED-PUTTER-/370570114389?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item5647b33555#ht_6536wt_689

[quote name='Swisstrader' timestamp='1324428051' post='3968165']
How much and where do I purchase... I just picked up the black blades so i definitely have to fork over more $ for the putter, of course... I'm guessing $450-$650 range can anyone verify?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Now available on EBay...I almost never believe the gimmicky 1 out of only x produced.

[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-MIURA-Limited-Edition-1-69-BLACK-KM-350-1957-FORGED-PUTTER-/370570114389?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item5647b33555#ht_6536wt_689"]http://www.ebay.com/...5#ht_6536wt_689[/url]
[/quote]

Obviously its just a piece of paper, but its always nice to have a COA from Mr. Miura stating that it is actually 1 of x (#43 in my case)

[attachment=956485:IMG_1567.JPG]

Nice! I just got a kick out of people saying they're very difficult to find, yet I see one either on some of the JDM boards or on eBay often enough. Love the putter which is why I own the 350.

Still looking for an answer as to the difference between the 1 of 69 limited versions and my 350 other than limited production and finish. Again, my favorite putter, so no knock on the putter!

[quote name='Dr.JP' timestamp='1324437984' post='3969197']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-MIURA-Limited-Edition-1-69-BLACK-KM-350-1957-FORGED-PUTTER-/370570114389?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item5647b33555#ht_6536wt_689"]http://www.ebay.com/...5#ht_6536wt_689[/url]
[/quote]

Obviously its just a piece of paper, but its always nice to have a COA from Mr. Miura stating that it is actually 1 of x (#43 in my case)

[/quote]

[quote name='Swisstrader' timestamp='1324471375' post='3970195']
Nice! I just got a kick out of people saying they're very difficult to find, yet I see one either on some of the JDM boards or on eBay often enough. Love the putter which is why I own the 350.

Still looking for an answer as to the difference between the 1 of 69 limited versions and my 350 other than limited production and finish. Again, my favorite putter, so no knock on the putter!

[quote name='Dr.JP' timestamp='1324437984' post='3969197']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Sorry, I didnt think you were knocking it, trust me I know what you mean about the "limited edition" thing. I was skeptical also thats why I asked for the COA with mine, I needed a little assurance.

In speaking with the people from Miura the only difference is the "regular" KM-350 has a chrome plating, and the limited does not. To me (and I already had a debate about this with someone else) my limited edition is a little softer because it does not have the chrome. Its not that big of a difference and I actually prefer the feel of the chrome and use it as my gamer. I really only break out the LE when the greens are super fast. Other that that difference and the sweet cover it comes with. Because there's not much of a difference, I would be somewhat skeptical of things like that on e-bay because they are so similar, anyone could easily strip their standard 350 and paint it black and sell it for a few hundred dollars more. Hope that helps. I agree both the limited and standard 350's are by far the best putters i've gamed

J

The link to the one on eBay (posted above) is a legit LE km350 black. The reason I know this is Because it was mine. I had two of them and was looking to p/ u the new Cameron H-2011 so I sold this one to a reputable eBay golf e-tailer here in Phoenix. I put a black pvd true temper shaft in it and a Bettinardi black stitch back grip, I wanted it blacked out and it was my gamer for a while. Just thought you guys would want to know just incase anyone was interested.... I did not give them the COA as I misplaced it as unfortunate as that is......

[quote name='Dr.JP' timestamp='1324000515' post='3946041']

[/quote]

What he said...seriously nice review I could not have written it better. Ive had mine for about 3 months and a few rounds. both the LE and the chrome are the best putters I've ever rolled.
[/quote]

Thanks.

Here's an update after playing the putter for a few games.

First two games, no dramatic improvement. If anything, I was psyched out by the small head. How to get such a small head to square up on impact? So, with that added stress, I could not lag it properly.

But by the 3rd game, out of the blue, I felt the sweet spot. The sense of the sweet spot just jumped at me. As I putt, I just focus on making the sweet spot go in a straight line, through the ball. No conscious thought on my stroke, which body part to move, etc.

First, a 21-footer went in. Ah, a lucky break, I thought. Next, a 15-footer. I sat up and took notice; something is happening here. And the putts just started dropping after that. Or just lip out. I ended up with 7 or 8 single putts. My new playing partners thought I was just a really sharp putter. Trying to keep cool, I pretended it was another typical putting round, but inside, I was gobsmacked. I never average below 1.6 putts per round before, ever.

I have come to realise, the genius of this putter is the combination of mass, concentrated in a small head, with a perfect balance. It quickly helped me get the feel of a good stroke. I can feel the sweet spot in my stroke and use that feel to get the right set up regardless of the lie of my stance. Almost like it's become an extension of me.

I have two Scotty before this, still have them, and they are good. But this is in a different league.

Not a cheap putter by any means. But, to put it in a Japanese way, player and putter as one. And that makes my no. 36 priceless to me.

Great review. Can't wait to take mine out on real greens. 40 degrees here in NY :black eye:

[quote name='lee36328' timestamp='1325293942' post='4007427']
[quote name='Dr.JP' timestamp='1324000515' post='3946041']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks.

Here's an update after playing the putter for a few games.

First two games, no dramatic improvement. If anything, I was psyched out by the small head. How to get such a small head to square up on impact? So, with that added stress, I could not lag it properly.

But by the 3rd game, out of the blue, I felt the sweet spot. The sense of the sweet spot just jumped at me. As I putt, I just focus on making the sweet spot go in a straight line, through the ball. No conscious thought on my stroke, which body part to move, etc.

First, a 21-footer went in. Ah, a lucky break, I thought. Next, a 15-footer. I sat up and took notice; something is happening here. And the putts just started dropping after that. Or just lip out. I ended up with 7 or 8 single putts. My new playing partners thought I was just a really sharp putter. Trying to keep cool, I pretended it was another typical putting round, but inside, I was gobsmacked. I never average below 1.6 putts per round before, ever.

I have come to realise, the genius of this putter is the combination of mass, concentrated in a small head, with a perfect balance. It quickly helped me get the feel of a good stroke. I can feel the sweet spot in my stroke and use that feel to get the right set up regardless of the lie of my stance. Almost like it's become an extension of me.

I have two Scotty before this, still have them, and they are good. But this is in a different league.

Not a cheap putter by any means. But, to put it in a Japanese way, player and putter as one. And that makes my no. 36 priceless to me.
[/quote]