2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Washington State?

AcesHigh

Hey there brothers and sisters of the golf alliance. I was wondering what courses are your favorite here in the evergreen state. I play alot at Druids Glen, Maplewood and Auburn (Free Rounds from puetz). I want to get out and play some more around here I havent lived on the Westside for to long. Im looking for more diamonds in the rough out there.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My absolute favorite here in Wa is Bear Mountain Ranch in Chelan. Around Seattle metro: Druids, Trophy Lake, Wa Nat'l., Chambers, Have not yet seen HomeCourse nor Gold Mt or McCormick yet. I think The best golf value is Gallery Golf in Oak Harbor. Plenty of views of Puget Sound, course is usually in great condition, $33 peak season, primetime for civilian, much much lower green fees for military (active and retired). Beware,it is near the NAS so those low flying Growlers can scare the bejeezus out of you.

PRGR 2015 (Red)Egg 10*/ Muziik Bangvoo Premium 240cpm
TEE XCG6 4w /Muziik Bangvoo Premium 260cpm (tipped 1/4")
PRGR 2015 (Red) Egg 5Ut 23*/ AXE hybrid stiff
2015 OnOff Kuro 4-PW/ Modus3 120s
Yururi Gekku 53*(bent 52) and 57* (bent 58)/  Nippon Modus3 125 Wedge
Slighter FPR Portland/ Yamada Emperor2/ Epon I-33/Hiro Mz-18

I am meaning to get to Washington Nat'l and Chambers. The course down in Dupont sounds like I might take a stab at that too. I have thought about getting the OKIE card. Do you think its a pretty good deal? We haven't had too bad of a winter so far not as much rain as I thought. Got a lot of somewhat sunny days so far. But it is a downpour typical pacific northwest winter day. Can't wait for spring to get here so we can feel the sun on our backs again.

I live and play in Eastern Wa. Lots of great courses for the money in Spokane/ Coeur d'Alene. Circling Raven is one of my favs. I’m further south and can play year round in the Lewis/Clark valley. The new WSU course, Palouse Ridge is good as is Wine Valley near Walla Walla.

I’ve played many of the West side courses when visiting my brother including Chambers, Classic and Home Course. When we played Washington National I asked if they had a WSU Cougar cart. They have one but said it would quit out on the back nine. Ouch:}

This looks interesting for you West siders:

[url="http://www.ryanmooregolf.net/?p=327"]http://www.ryanmooregolf.net/?p=327[/url]

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

[quote name='AcesHigh' timestamp='1325706731' post='4028119']
Hey there brothers and sisters of the golf alliance. I was wondering what courses are your favorite here in the evergreen state. I play alot at Druids Glen, Maplewood and Auburn (Free Rounds from puetz). I want to get out and play some more around here I havent lived on the Westside for to long. Im looking for more diamonds in the rough out there.
[/quote]

What city are you in?

I'll second The Home Course, it plays well anytime of year. Same for Chambers Bay. I really liked the Olympic course at Gold Mtn; Cascade course was okay. Hawks Parirre in Lacey has 2 couses, one was called the links course which was okay and the other was the Woodland course. I really liked the Woodland course, you really have to have good ball control and it isn't a real nice walking course; lot of distance between tees.

Since I live in Portland I don't get up into the sound area much.

There's also a thread on some courses around here on the "Northwest" section.

I actually really enjoy Auburn. I just wished they would do something with the 1st 3 holes. The other changed they've made over the years are nice especially the restaurant.

This time of year the Home Course for sure. Played it a few weeks ago and it was nice. December in the Northwest and hardly a blade of grass on my shoes after the round!

Lake Spanaway is nice. Oakbrook in Tacoma area is/was a private club that's opened up a few days during the week.

In years past Wash. National uses a bunch of temp greens in the Winter. Not sure about this year.

Get over to White Horse. Just wish it was closer...

[quote name='jnlx460' timestamp='1325882864' post='4038365']
There's also a thread on some courses around here on the "Northwest" section.

I actually really enjoy Auburn. I just wished they would do something with the 1st 3 holes. The other changed they've made over the years are nice especially the restaurant.

This time of year the Home Course for sure. Played it a few weeks ago and it was nice. December in the Northwest and hardly a blade of grass on my shoes after the round!

Lake Spanaway is nice. Oakbrook in Tacoma area is/was a private club that's opened up a few days during the week.

In years past Wash. National uses a bunch of temp greens in the Winter. Not sure about this year.

Get over to White Horse. Just wish it was closer...
[/quote]

[size=2]there is also a thread on the forum about at Northwest GolfWRX outing and it looks like that it may be held at the HomeCourse. That would be a great way to play it, meet some fellow wrx'ers and see some 300+ carry drives.[/size][size=2]I was at WA Nat'l end of [/size]November[size=2] and they used a temp green on the 15th. Which is a real bummer and the courses signature hole. hope they get that going again soon.[/size][size=2]
[/size]

[quote name='AcesHigh' timestamp='1325712900' post='4028745']
I am meaning to get to Washington Nat'l and Chambers. The course down in Dupont sounds like I might take a stab at that too. I have thought about getting the OKIE card. Do you think its a pretty good deal? We haven't had too bad of a winter so far not as much rain as I thought. Got a lot of somewhat sunny days so far. But it is a downpour typical pacific northwest winter day. Can't wait for spring to get here so we can feel the sun on our backs again.
[/quote]

I got an oki card last year and it was a great deal for me. Probably like yourself, I wanted to try a little more what the region had to offer so I ponied up the $330 and bought the Platinum Players Card. It is a pretty great value when you use the vouchers during peak season. I think the Oki courses are grossly overpriced if you are paying non-member peak-season prime time rates. I used my six vouchers for the most expensive greens fees and took advantage of their player card incentives only offered to card holders (greatly reduced fees, 2 for 1 deals, etc). Newcastle is worth a look if you get this card.
As for weather around here, I would say constant drizzle is more like a typical PNW day and if you want to feel the sun on your back, you might have to wait for July. Get some good raingear.

• 11 months later...

I live up north a little more it sounds like. I spent a couple years playing the courses around here. Kayak Point, Walter E. Hall, Ceadercrest, Battlecreek, etc... My uncle has been a member at Everett Golf and Country Club for a long time so i would always jump at the chance to play there with him. This past year they did a special on new memberships and i got in on a steal. It's the best winter course i have ever played. Rarely do i ever see a puddle, even when it has been pouring for a week straight.