2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

SkyGolf the worst at customer service

support
By far the worst customer service I've ever experienced. On 1/16/12 my skycaddie was activated by another person. I never sold my skycaddie or transferred it. This was stolen and I reported it. When asked how he could have activated the device on 1/16/12 at 12:43am I was told "we have no clue." This is unacceptable! They had the person’s information and understand that you were not able to give it to me for privacy reasons. I did press charges and the thief was arrested and charged with two counts of grand theft (under statue 509). I got my skycaddie back last night and called this morning to reactivate it on my account. I'm now being told that this will take 24-48 hours??! Even after a simple request that my account be frozen since someone else had it in possession and had activated it when they should have never been allowed to. This simple request was denied which would have only cost $5!! Instead you have my $$ and the person who activated it getting paid double for the same device? I expected some professional courtesy but I'm getting the run of the mill. I've asked to talk to someone of importance and I get the run around. I was told to post this on a forum. Really?

This is my experience this go around. Not having a skycaddie is not life threatning in no way, but frustrating when they are in the wrong and won't help out at all and can not give you answers.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that would be frustrating after going through what you did with your device. It is also nice to see they came through in the end. Glad you got your device back!

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

[quote name='Janet Pendergrast' timestamp='1328650234' post='4232839']
Would they at least give the info to the police if they asked?
[/quote]
I'm lucky to have gotten it back. Lucky that this fool sold it and someone activated it. The detective was on the phone for a very long time before they got a hold of someone. I'm not sure the entire story if they had to get a warrant or not but they did give the detective all of the information. What had happened was one of the cart guys took it and placed it in lost and found (so he says, he could've taken it from my cart when I went in to eat, who knows). He then tells the detectives that he took it from lost and found and hid it away for over a week and then turned it for a profit when he sold it off of craigslist. He said it was a lapse in judgement and knew it was wrong. He's a young kid in college but what was nice was that the golf course when notified helped the sheriff's get him. I'm just glad it's over!

But I can tell you after all this it will be up for sale when my membership is up.

Let me get this straight. You are upset that they allowed your Skycaddie to be activated which allowed them to get a name and address of the person that activated your Skycaddie instead of rejecting the activation, preventing them from getting the info needed to get your Skycaddie back and catch the thief. Also you are upset that they would only give the information to the police preventing someone from going all Dirty Harry on the innocent person that unknowingly bought a stolen Skycaddie. Plus you are upset that they give the standard line of 24 - 48 hours to reactivate your Skycaddie to your account but it actually was done in a short amount of time.

I'd have to say that customer service wise, they handled it so you ended up with a positive result.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

[quote name='TM_HOYER' timestamp='1328709617' post='4237117']
Let me get this straight. You are upset that they allowed your Skycaddie to be activated which allowed them to get a name and address of the person that activated your Skycaddie instead of rejecting the activation, preventing them from getting the info needed to get your Skycaddie back and catch the thief. Also you are upset that they would only give the information to the police preventing someone from going all Dirty Harry on the innocent person that unknowingly bought a stolen Skycaddie. Plus you are upset that they give the standard line of 24 - 48 hours to reactivate your Skycaddie to your account but it actually was done in a short amount of time.

I'd have to say that customer service wise, they handled it so you ended up with a positive result.
[/quote]

Ok where do I start? Yes, I was upset that SkyGolf allowed the device to be activated it. That is part of the terms and condition and the agreement with the membership. It should only be allowed if I were to sell or transfer the device. No, if you read my post I was not upset that they wouldn't give me the person's name and address. I said I understood why. Yes I was upset that it would take 24-48 hours to reactivate my device and [b]they only did it quick because of my post online. Not for any other reason.[/b] I was happy about that but it shouldn't have gotten to that point. Upset that they wouldn't freeze my account for a few weeks so I don't lose time on my membership that I paid for when they got to double dip with another membership on the same device.
And yes, customer service is not good. I hope you don't have to wait over 20 minutes to get someone on the phone and to be put on hold for 10 minutes at a time. And when you ask them a reasonable question like how was my device activated by someone else, they say "we're trying to figure that out, we don't have a clue."
The detective that had to call SkyGolf got the run around and it took over an hour over the phone with them to get the information. The positive result was not from SkyGolf. A big thanks to the OC Sheriff's department.
If you can't feel the frustration what I felt then kudos to you.

[quote name='beartrappro' timestamp='1328710555' post='4237185']

[/quote]

Ok where do I start? Yes, I was upset that SkyGolf allowed the device to be activated it. That is part of the terms and condition and the agreement with the membership. It should only be allowed if I were to sell or transfer the device. No, if you read my post I was not upset that they wouldn't give me the person's name and address. I said I understood why. Yes I was upset that it would take 24-48 hours to reactivate my device and [b]they only did it quick because of my post online. Not for any other reason.[/b] I was happy about that but it shouldn't have gotten to that point. Upset that they wouldn't freeze my account for a few weeks so I don't lose time on my membership that I paid for when they got to double dip with another membership on the same device.
And yes, customer service is not good. I hope you don't have to wait over 20 minutes to get someone on the phone and to be put on hold for 10 minutes at a time. And when you ask them a reasonable question like how was my device activated by someone else, they say "we're trying to figure that out, we don't have a clue."
The detective that had to call SkyGolf got the run around and it took over an hour over the phone with them to get the information. The positive result was not from SkyGolf. A big thanks to the OC Sheriff's department.
[/quote]

They did not reactivate it quick because you posted here. This is not a Skycaddie forum monitored by them. They did it because it ended up they could in a quick time frame and it just happened to be shortly after you posted here. When it comes to the police calling to get the information, I would expect it to take time because giving out the information would require management approval and verification it is being given to the police. Plus this is something that probably does not happen often and lower level customer service probably was not sure how to handle it.

I know that it can be frustrating when something is stolen from you. I had a car with my clubs in the trunk stolen from me. But I also learned that things do not happen in time frames that I want them to happen in. I just had to be patient and let things happen in the time frame the police, insurance company, and the dealer fixing the damage would do things in. I have had someone walk into my bank with a fake driver's license and steal money from my accounts. I had be patient and let the bank and police do their jobs. I had a person steal items from a Home Depot and give the police a fake driver's license with my name and address. I had to patient with the police and let them do their jobs to take care of the paper work so I would not be arrested for not appearing in court and to find the right guy.

The positive result you got is because Skygolf and the police did their jobs.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

[quote name='TM_HOYER' timestamp='1328713937' post='4237473']
[quote name='beartrappro' timestamp='1328710555' post='4237185']

[/quote]

[/quote]

They did not reactivate it quick because you posted here. This is not a Skycaddie forum monitored by them. They did it because it ended up they could in a quick time frame and it just happened to be shortly after you posted here. When it comes to the police calling to get the information, I would expect it to take time because giving out the information would require management approval and verification it is being given to the police. Plus this is something that probably does not happen often and lower level customer service probably was not sure how to handle it.

I know that it can be frustrating when something is stolen from you. I had a car with my clubs in the trunk stolen from me. But I also learned that things do not happen in time frames that I want them to happen in. I just had to be patient and let things happen in the time frame the police, insurance company, and the dealer fixing the damage would do things in. I have had someone walk into my bank with a fake driver's license and steal money from my accounts. I had be patient and let the bank and police do their jobs. I had a person steal items from a Home Depot and give the police a fake driver's license with my name and address. I had to patient with the police and let them do their jobs to take care of the paper work so I would not be arrested for not appearing in court and to find the right guy.

The positive result you got is because Skygolf and the police did their jobs.
[/quote]

They did reactivate it instantly after my post on the SkyCaddie forum. This was told to me. My post was removed and received 3 emails from them explaining the process. I then received a call from them that they were asked to expedite this for me from the online admin. It wasn't something they had to do, but they did which I thanked them for. It sucks seeing that you've had a lot of theft, I have not. I've had two things stolen from me. One which has been six years and still nothing, and this one. I know the process, my brother is the ASA for district 5. The reason for this post was for me to vent a little and share my story. Though tough to have to explain every little tid bit I tried to paint a more broad picture. Thanks for the feedback but I do not feel that SkyGolf did there best to provide customer care.

I agree that it is stupid they jumped their normal process for you because they saw an online post, but you know what they say, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

As far as registering it, I do think they should allow it, it allowed them to get the info. If they just plain blocked it, the thief would just chuck the unit. And the other person registering it didn't do you any harm, right?

[quote name='Janet Pendergrast' timestamp='1328718017' post='4237899']
I agree that it is stupid they jumped their normal process for you because they saw an online post, but you know what they say, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

As far as registering it, I do think they should allow it, it allowed them to get the info. If they just plain blocked it, the thief would just chuck the unit. And the other person registering it didn't do you any harm, right?
[/quote]
Looking at it, I agree. If it was blocked I would not have gotten it back. They should change there policy in order for someone to activate it even when it's reported stolen or lost.
The real crappy part about this all was the guy that bought it from the crook is out his money. Though I don't fully feel sorry for him because it was really fishy how he bought it. The description on craigslist was really suspect. You might find it online still if you go to Craigslist, Orlando and find the one selling for $75 in Oviedo. If it's still there read it and tell me what you think.

Quickest way to get support is to go to SkyGolf Forums: http://clubsg.skygolf.com/forums/

And start a topic there. The response is usually likety-split.

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

• 2 years later...

I ordered the Touch on March 21, 2014 and Skygolf stated a shipping date of April 15, 2014. BTW they ran my credit card charge immediately which I paid in April. When I hadn't heard from them on the shipping date, I chatted on line with their representative. He promised a shipping date in early May. Short story is that I have contacted them a few times and still do not know when it will be shipped. Overall this has been the most inconsiderate company with the worst customer service ever. The last time I contacted them I asked for a refund. Their representative said he could not complete my request because their server was down. He said he would do it when the server came back up. This was a few weeks ago and no further contact from them. I'll give them one thing, they have the most consistently poor customer service of any company I have ever had the unfortunate opportunity to conduct business with or at least try. So far I am out $299 and have not received the product. That is not what I consider a business transaction. It is called theft or fraud.

[quote name='Mhill7701' timestamp='1404674734' post='9647103']
I ordered the Touch on March 21, 2014 and Skygolf stated a shipping date of April 15, 2014. BTW they ran my credit card charge immediately which I paid in April. When I hadn't heard from them on the shipping date, I chatted on line with their representative. He promised a shipping date in early May. Short story is that I have contacted them a few times and still do not know when it will be shipped. Overall this has been the most inconsiderate company with the worst customer service ever. The last time I contacted them I asked for a refund. Their representative said he could not complete my request because their server was down. He said he would do it when the server came back up. This was a few weeks ago and no further contact from them. I'll give them one thing, they have the most consistently poor customer service of any company I have ever had the unfortunate opportunity to conduct business with or at least try. So far I am out $299 and have not received the product. That is not what I consider a business transaction. It is called theft or fraud.
[/quote]

Call them and let them know your attorney will be the next call they receive if a refund is not immediately issued. I did that with another company and it worked after a supervisor got on the line.

[quote name='Mhill7701' timestamp='1404674734' post='9647103']I ordered the Touch on March 21, 2014 and Skygolf stated a shipping date of April 15, 2014. BTW they ran my credit card charge immediately which I paid in April. When I hadn't heard from them on the shipping date, I chatted on line with their representative. He promised a shipping date in early May. Short story is that I have contacted them a few times and still do not know when it will be shipped. Overall this has been the most inconsiderate company with the worst customer service ever. The last time I contacted them I asked for a refund. Their representative said he could not complete my request because their server was down. He said he would do it when the server came back up. This was a few weeks ago and no further contact from them. I'll give them one thing, they have the most consistently poor customer service of any company I have ever had the unfortunate opportunity to conduct business with or at least try. So far I am out $299 and have not received the product. That is not what I consider a business transaction. It is called theft or fraud.[/quote]

Why not just call your credit card company and have them reverse charges for an item that was never provided? They're very good at doing so and have more clout with the company than you do.