Clubfitting in Seattle

Puetz or Von's?
hey everyone - particularly those of you in the Seattle area...

i am in the market for a new driver and am wondering what is the better place to get fitted: puetz or von's? i know both of them have a TrackMan... puetz is an outdoor facility and von's is indoor, but i haven't had the best experiences with puetz's staff (always seem too busy to give you personal attention) but they have a great selection of clubs. on the other hand, i've heard nothing but great things about von's, but he only has wishon & miura items to try (i can only dream about affording miura stuff haha).

so any suggestions?

thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you made an appointment at Puetz they would give their undivided attention plus I think you can get the fitting fee credited back to your purchase. I found that going to the North Seattle store mid week, mid day people there will give you some time but I stay away from that place during the weekend. I know they have demo days coming up so Puetz wil be a madhouse. Also if you go the Von's route, I heard the Wishon 919 is nothing to sneeze at. I would like to know how this all goes for you. I was thinking about going into Vons for a driver fitting later on in the season.
Good Luck!

PRGR 2015 (Red)Egg 10*/ Muziik Bangvoo Premium 240cpm
TEE XCG6 4w /Muziik Bangvoo Premium 260cpm (tipped 1/4")
PRGR 2015 (Red) Egg 5Ut 23*/ AXE hybrid stiff
2015 OnOff Kuro 4-PW/ Modus3 120s
Yururi Gekku 53*(bent 52) and 57* (bent 58)/  Nippon Modus3 125 Wedge
Slighter FPR Portland/ Yamada Emperor2/ Epon I-33/Hiro Mz-18

Interbay. 2010 + 2011 PGA Merchandiser of the year award winner for the NW Chapter. Best possible range to get fit in Seattle.

TM M1 460 10.5° .::. MRC Tensei CK Blue 6S
Adams XTD Ti 15° .::. Matrix 7Q3 S
TM R15 Black 19° .::. Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1 S (tipped 2")
Bridgestone Airmuscle 2i 19° .::. PX HD2
Tourstage X Blade 709 CB 4i .::. Nippon Modus 3 125S tipped 1/2"
Tourstage X Blade 909 Ltd 5-PW .::. Nippon Modus 3 125S tipped 1/2"
Bridgestone J15 Black Ox 52°/58° .::. DG Onyx S400
Piretti 'Tour Only' Cortino II w/ Matrix U11-P01 Proto
Piretti 'Cortino LN' Long Neck Tour Ltd
Piretti Teramo CS
Bridgestone *B* Tour 330
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1059465-bpark1210-witb-bridgestone-pic-heavy/page__pid__9832393#entry9832393"]WITB Link[/url]

I'm not looking to out anyone, but at one of these places I purchased and had a shaft installed as new. It wasn't until I was getting the club regripped later that I found there was an extender put on the butt end, so either the shaft was used or the job was not done properly the first time and this was done to compensate. I haven't since and don't plan ever to again bring my business there. PM me if you want more info. Thanks.

Titleist TSI3 8 degree w/Ventus Black 7x
Callaway X Hot Pro 3W 15 degrees
Mizuno CLK Hybrid 16 degrees
Titleist 712U 3 iron w/C-Taper X
Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-W w/Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey Blue Slate SM7 52, 58, 60 w/ DG S400
Odyssey ProType Black #9

[quote name='ws6' timestamp='1335844576' post='4821580']
I got fit by Sam at West Coast. It went really well, and he has a great Flight Scope fitting set up. His club shaft selection was broad too.

[url="http://www.westcoastcustomclubs.com/page3/index.html"]http://www.westcoast...age3/index.html[/url]
[/quote]

what assortment of clubs do they have there? i really want to see which of the adjustable drivers fit me best, which set up i need, and which shaft i should go with...

[quote name='thatonedood' timestamp='1335891820' post='4824674']
[quote name='ws6' timestamp='1335844576' post='4821580']
I got fit by Sam at West Coast. It went really well, and he has a great Flight Scope fitting set up. His club shaft selection was broad too.

[url="http://www.westcoastcustomclubs.com/page3/index.html"]http://www.westcoast...age3/index.html[/url]
[/quote]

what assortment of clubs do they have there? i really want to see which of the adjustable drivers fit me best, which set up i need, and which shaft i should go with...
[/quote]

For adjustable drivers, he has Adams and TaylorMade. He spent a lot of time with me, and dialed me in with a Motore Speeder. I was fit at HotStix in Scottsdale a few years ago, and the fitting with Sam was way better.

+1 for Sam at WC. Met him at the Golf show, knowledgeable and personable guy.

PRGR 2015 (Red)Egg 10*/ Muziik Bangvoo Premium 240cpm
TEE XCG6 4w /Muziik Bangvoo Premium 260cpm (tipped 1/4")
PRGR 2015 (Red) Egg 5Ut 23*/ AXE hybrid stiff
2015 OnOff Kuro 4-PW/ Modus3 120s
Yururi Gekku 53*(bent 52) and 57* (bent 58)/  Nippon Modus3 125 Wedge
Slighter FPR Portland/ Yamada Emperor2/ Epon I-33/Hiro Mz-18

• 2 weeks later...

here's an update for yall...

i decided to go with the puetz seattle store for the driver fitting, since they had the best variety of drivers for me to try, a trackman system, plus a fitter that i seems to have decent feedback from the WRXers.

i told brandon that i needed a driver that would help me get the ball in the air and a driver with adjustability, since it is likely that my driver swing is going to change over the next few years (i am struggling to hit up on the ball with the driver, i tend to hit down, which de-lofts the club and gives me a stinger-like ball flight). after seeing me hit a few with my current nike sumo sq driver, brandon determined that i needed a low spin/high launching driver head. ideally, brandon told me that he wanted my spin rate to be below or as close to 3000 rpms as possible.

here is what happened with the drivers i hit (all were 10.5*):

- callaway razr fit, stock stiff shaft: spin rate was around 3600, and i was getting 15 yards more with this driver. the initial leader in the clubhouse.

- rbz tour, stock stiff: immediately, we determined that this was too spinny for me. the ball just jumped off the clubface and just hung in the air... no ballooning, but spin rate was hovering around 4000.

- ping g20, stock stiff (TFC shaft): again, this had a real high spin rate for me. but just looking down at this club... if anyone mishits this thing, they really should not have a driver in their bag LOL!

- ping i20, PX 5.5 shaft: spin rate was at 2800, so we now have a 2nd candidate in the clubhouse! the one thing with the i20 is that it is very much a player's driver... meaning, when you mishit, the results are going to be a bit more harsh than any of the drivers above. so we kept that in mind...

- cobra amp, stock stiff shaft: again, a driver that had too high of a spin rate, but i ended up with a 1.5 smash factor with this club. just a real easy club to hit.

- adams fast 12, stock stiff shaft: see cobra amp, above. this was really similar to the g20, in that i really couldnt miss with this club, but spin rate was hovering close to 4K, but i got a smash factor of 1.5 with it!

at this point, brandon wanted to try one last combination, the razr fit with the regular flex RIP Aldila shaft... we got my spin rate down to 3200, with carry btw 240-245. with my swing speed at about 95-98, we determined this would be the best fit for me.

not once did i feel that i was being pushed towards a particular brand or driver, brandon let the numbers and ball flight do the speaking, which really is about all you could ask for in a fitting. we even had time to do a fitting for a 3 hybrid, which we ended up swapping out my nike sumo sq for the rbz tour.

big thanks to brandon out at puetz, i'd definitely go back and work with him again for another fitting and highly recommend him!

• 1 month later...

I'm going to be buying a new driver very soon thanks to an unexpected bonus at work. I've always played off the rack clubs and I really want to dial in the best possible shaft for me. I've hit a bunch of drivers and I'm either going with the Taylormade head or Titleist. Is there anywhere I can hit both with a wide assortment of shafts to try out. Does Puetz have shafts like that, my main experiences going there I've always been told that a stock shaft fits me pretty well. But at Pro golf I hit a Nike driver with an aftermarket shaft (not sure which one, but the guy said that shaft was originally more expensive than the driver) and I hit that 20 yards further than the stock 910 d2, and way less dispersion.

So far I believe my choices are West Coast Custom Clubs, greg rodgers (neither do titleist correct?) and Puetz? I'm more concerend on getting the proper shaft, but I hate my current head (907d1). Any other suggestions, I've just spent hours searching on here and google before I even heard about West Coast Custom Clubs.