2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Golf ETC... Clearlake / Performance Golf Fitting

bopper53

WOW ! New Fitting System For High End Shafts
FYI,

Golf ETC... Clearlake has started their Performance Golf Fitting System and I was impressed with it today.

They have the Nak H-Tec Fitting System (like the Opti-Fit) only their system will consist of only high end shafts.

Some of the shafts they have are :

Matrix Altus, Code 6, Code 8, TP-7 (all Flex's)
All Accra's
Grafalloy Axis
Diamana White Board, Red Board & Blue Board. They may be the first in town with the new White Board.
Most Fuji's
Accuflex Silver and Copper Creations

This can be done on the Hotstix fitting system in the store or the club can be taken to the range to hit. Of course a customer does not have to buy the Nak head unless they want it. All heads are dead square.

I am looking forward to hitting the White Board. (cool) Great way to try a shaft before inserting it into a tour head. There will be a charge for a complete fitting and that charge will be applied to any purchase.

Interesting note : Russell called Matrix and inquired about the Lime Green shaft and Matrix told him that they would sell him any special color he wanted as long as he ordered 30 of them.

Pretty neat system for area guys. :cheesy:

Glynn

Cally Ai Smoke 10.5, GD DI 60
Cally Ai Smoke 16.5 HL Wood,  Fuji Red TR 70
Cally Heavenwood,  Fuji Red TR 70

PXG Hybrid # 22
Cally AiSmoke irons 5-GW with KBS $ Taper 95 shafts

Cally 56, 58 Wedge, DGS Spinner

Cameron Phantom 5.5  Putter

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does everyone think?

If there were ever a reason for me to drive to Clear Lake, this is it.

After the new year, I am making the trip down to get under the putting camera. I think that as well as tweaking my irons would set me right.

I do want to go Code-8 in a fairway wood soon too. You know it's got to be Lime though.

I think you should get your golf etc. to call my golf etc. in tampa to explain the benefits of having this.

Golf Etc are independently owned franchises - I've seen bad ones and great ones.

There is a new one in Humble at 59 and 1960, Carl Cooper the ex-Tour player is their PGA Pro.

I think you should get your golf etc. to call my golf etc. in tampa to explain the benefits of having this.

Golf Etc are independently owned franchises - I've seen bad ones and great ones.

There is a new one in Humble at 59 and 1960, Carl Cooper the ex-Tour player is their PGA Pro.

Carl Cooper is still around? I remember him from back in the day when I was an assistant.

Carl Cooper is still around? I remember him from back in the day when I was an assistant.

Where all did you work at?

Interesting note : Russell called Matrix and inquired about the Lime Green shaft and Matrix told him that they would sell him any special color he wanted as long as he ordered 30 of them.

Glynn....my friend.... (cool)

I'm ready to put together a set of burnt orange shafts if anyone wants to get in the order with me....I'll take 29 of them too....

Glynn....my friend.... :cheesy:

I'm ready to put together a set of burnt orange shafts if anyone wants to get in the order with me....I'll take 29 of them too....

(cool) He's not kidding....really.

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

Where all did you work at?

I worked at Brenham CC under a guy named Dean Cole. He was from Nacogdoches and moved to Brenham after working for Mark Coward at Great Hills in Austin.

Just to clarify I have no affiliation to Golf Etc... and I am not a compensated pigeon for them.

I am always trying to get us Houston Area WRXer's a good deal and opportunity when I can and then it is up to them to decide.

The majority of us love all of the new innovations and when I come upon them I will let everyone know.

We all have opinions on local area shops and we have had certain ones treat us great and not so great.

The one thing that I do like about the Golf Etc... Clear Lake location is the fact they will work hard to get what you want asap to accommodate you and to me that level of service means a lot.

Other area shops have treated me fairly but most of them lack the Technology and the advice of a PGA Pro like Mike Standley.

Bopper

Cally Ai Smoke 10.5, GD DI 60
Cally Ai Smoke 16.5 HL Wood,  Fuji Red TR 70
Cally Heavenwood,  Fuji Red TR 70

PXG Hybrid # 22
Cally AiSmoke irons 5-GW with KBS $ Taper 95 shafts

Cally 56, 58 Wedge, DGS Spinner

Cameron Phantom 5.5  Putter

Just to clarify I have no affiliation to Golf Etc... and I am not a compensated pigeon for them.

I am always trying to get us Houston Area WRXer's a good deal and opportunity when I can and then it is up to them to decide.

The majority of us love all of the new innovations and when I come upon them I will let everyone know.

We all have opinions on local area shops and we have had certain ones treat us great and not so great.

The one thing that I do like about the Golf Etc... Clear Lake location is the fact they will work hard to get what you want asap to accommodate you and to me that level of service means a lot.

Other area shops have treated me fairly but most of them lack the Technology and the advice of a PGA Pro like Mike Standley.

Bopper

Did I ever tell you that my dad's name is Mike Standley? Not a golf pro though...

Drew your life is so amazing would you write a book? The real question is whether or not your life is as interesting as this guy?

Allright, it's only fair, I'll bite. It's going to come across as bragging, but I don't care.

Home: Henderson Nevada

Kids: Thank God, 0.

Backgroud: I could tell you, but you'd never believe it, and eventually I intend to actually write it down. My life would make a pretty interesting and almost unbelievable book or movie, and no I'm not kidding. It's a truly ridiculous tale from one extreme to the other on almost every life level.

Occupation: You are on it. I actually own three different companies. One is BSG the website, the other is the club sale business, and one is a consulting firm for golf club design and graphic design. I plan on expanding the business and incorporating. We have about 15 plans on the table to put together a golf company like nobody has seen before.

Golf: Played since I was a kid, quit for a long stretch, and then took the game up very seriously maybe 7-8 years ago. I don't remember, something like that. Worked hard to get myself down to +2, but my short game is so erratic and needs so much work that realistically I feel more like a 1-0. We all know the index is essentially worthless anyway.

Hobbies + Interests: I have no hobbies. About the only things I enjoy are golf and cars. NFL football I suppose if that counts. Other than that I truly enjoy working and building the company. Making BSG the predominant influence in the golf world outside of major OEM's is my main hobby. I also TRULY enjoy the club testing and review portion of my job. I ask myself all the time....."they actually PAY me to do this job?!" Everything I think about, I have realized, is about 10 times deeper than most people. Everything to me has many facets and I tend to over analyze everything and take things very deep. I think a lot basically.

Television: I don't watch TV ever. I will Tivo certain programs, and it ususally takes me 3 days to finish watching one program. I like real programs basically. A&E Cold Case Files, The First 48, Intervention, New Detectives. I do not watch any regular programming on a week to week basis. To me, it's a waste of time. Seinfeld I enjoy, the Sopranos, but all on DVD when I have time. NFL football is about the only thing I can tollerate sitting and watching for any length of time because I can switch the channel, thanks to DirecTv, around so I never have to watch a single commercial.

Movies: Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas, The Ususal Suspects, Forest Gump are my favorites. I can watch just about any movie, from sappy chick flicks to the most violent and disturbing images. I like crime movies where the bad guy wins, and almost any gangster film.

Music: I will listen to a little bit of everything EXCEPT country music. I'd rather listen to a group of children screaming than that country "music". Basically, what you might find in my car on any given day................America, 50 Cent, G-Unit, Cheap Trick, COLD, Coldplay, Damien Rice, Eagles, Elton John, Fall Out Boy, Godsmack, John Mayer, Linkin Park, Michelle Branch, Ministry, NWA, Nine Inch Nails, Biggie, Puddle of Mud, RA, Rammstein, Ray Lamontagne, Saliva, Slim Thug, Stabbing Westward, STP, Tech N9ne, Train, etc.....................Is that eclectic enough?

Bottom Line: I am 100% blessed. I have turned down running major fitting facilities for OEM's with salaries in the 250K range, because I simply LOVE my life. My job is playing golf with celebrities including professional athletes, testing product 6-8 months before anyone else even sees it, helping in design of many of the products you see in golf catelogs, and basically rubbing elbows with some of the most influential people in golf. I play golf 5-7 days a week and it's actually REQUIRED. On the GolfPunk Power 100, I probably know 10-15 of these people on a first name basis. My phone roladex reads like an NFL and NBA roster, and VP's and execs of 60% of the major companies in golf. Basically, I love life, I love my job, and I wake up with a smile every single day I'm alive. You couldn't pay me a million dollars a year to do anything else.

It reads just like a Fairy Tale.

It troubles me to read the line, "I can watch just about any movie, from sappy chick flicks to the most violent and disturbing images. I like crime movies where the bad guy wins, and almost any gangster film."

Violent and disturbing images? The bad guy wins? Well he is right now, the site is still up. I am just glad they don't lie about their member numbers.

"I think a lot basically." Very deep. The deepest thought I have ever seen. That thought has so many facets.

3 woods of a certain power A ticket to the Tom Wishon vs. Todd Thrun Power Meeting in Vegas that never happened

I think you guys are being a bit harsh. I read that bio and see a man driven to succeed. He strikes me as a man who knows where he has been and where he is going. I would love to be surrounded by ten men like him. I am physically baffled by the hate, let it go guys. You are the type of people who would have labeled Copernicus a heretic and refuted his vision.

I think you guys are being a bit harsh. I read that bio and see a man driven to succeed. He strikes me as a man who knows where he has been and where he is going. I would love to be surrounded by ten men like him. I am physically baffled by the hate, let it go guys. You are the type of people who would have labeled Copernicus a heretic and refuted his vision.

This is the type of comment that makes WRX the best! :crazy2: :)

In life as in golf, I live my life with a sense of honor and responsibility. It brings me such joy to see comments such as this that define the way we play golf: on the honor system with mutual respect for the game as well as our opponents. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

3 woods of a certain power A ticket to the Tom Wishon vs. Todd Thrun Power Meeting in Vegas that never happened

The shower at Callaway had 10 men in it. Let's not turn this into something ugly.

The shower at Callaway had 10 men in it. Let's not turn this into something ugly.

The zesting done there would blow your load mind. :crazy2:

I've always heard that Golf ETC. is a nice break from the hustle and bustle of tour life....wait, is that right? :crazy2: :)

WITB:
Driver: Taylormade SIM 2  
3W: Honma TR21  
4-6: Honma TR-21V  

7-10: Honma TR21B  
52*: Vokey 52F
58*: Vokey 58D
64*: Vokey 64M (62 bent to 64)
Putter: Depends on the day and which ones are in time out
Ball: ProV1x