Is BSG gone?

zing2006

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To the haters, notice the BSGers surfing at the bottom here. If they post, they are banned over there. So they simply read and perhaps someday it will sink in.

On another note, I just sourced some retail tour Tommy Armour heads. They will be $6000 a piece, paypal only. Any takers? Did I have you at paypal? Will someone buy eight heads clocked 27º open for some reason? Only time will tell. I already have seven PMs about these heads and I haven't even posted this yet. Somewhere 7 guys are lying to their wives and setting up dummy checking accounts.

Which 3 wood is the best?

I would tell you, but I don't think its fair to the OEMs to comment without extensive robot and iron byron testing. And by iron byron I mean GolfLabs because they are one in the same. Plus that information is far too valuable to post. Perhaps a PM is in order.

3 woods of a certain power A ticket to the Tom Wishon vs. Todd Thrun Power Meeting in Vegas that never happened

Alrighty guys. If we're going to take potshots here, at least make them clever. (cool) We don't want to close this thread as there seem to be MANY people wanting to participate on both sides of the board. We (here I'm kind of taking on the role as "board representative," not necessarily speaking in the deific third-person) would rather not close this thread, but will if it continues on this path of name calling.

Addressing the "more slams" on this board than on others. Not all the way true. Here there are more opportunities for criticism and rounded opinions from members. We even have a thread dedicated to the "role of marshalls/moderators" that allows for input. We have a MUCH more diverse information base, and while we are only a year and a half old, all of our pre-2006 posts still remain.

I was a very happy member at BSG, but like a few others have found a new home for golf that is run by golfers for golfers. I am also one of the people who have been somewhat critical of some of the operations of BSG, but don't think I have quite crossed the line. To this date, I still remain unbanned there, and while I am mildly grateful to have escaped the 40-year suspension I'm disappointed that others have not.

My nutshell argument is this. BSG is a business who's success was wholly based on the tight-knit community. What their success is based on now is readily identifiable (associations and connections that rhyme with "atrix" and "madams"). You are constantly reminded not to question the free information. Allegorically speaking:

Let's say I'm shopping at Target. I make a lot of friends. We invite other friends. We have a lot of fun. I love shopping at Target. Then all of a sudden, Target wants to change its name to Bentley's Supreme Grocery (we'll just call it BSG for short :crazy: ). The manager starts reminding us all that he lets us loiter. Then he turns off the heat, but has a room where the heat is on, but it's going to cost you. Also, there is NO price matching, if you are a loyal BSG'er, you will pay for the priviledge of paying more. That is good enough for some people, their friends are there. Then BSG's focus shifts, and rather than being able to choose from multiple brands of Bleu Cheese Dressing (deific capitalization for the dressing of the gods in effect), there is only one. And it is only good for 3 kinds of salads. But this doesn't matter because BSG is the only place where you can get this specific salad (aka greens). Again, all the while you are reminded of the services that are being provided to you, and that if you were able to find that brand of dressing elsewhere it is stolen goods. ;)

See where I'm going? Well, we're the golf course and park across the street where we just want to golf and hang out with friends. We don't sell anything here. If you want, buy a t-shirt, let people know we're here for them. We've invited a couple venders here, have some resident experts on more. Bottom line (tee-hee), not much with the adjenda. Sure, we get pissed when things get forwarded to us. Claiming to be something you're not (high-road) is just silly. Don't fool yourself. WRX is referred to MANY times at BSG...ask an insider if you have any questions. :cheesy:

As for continued participation in this thread, let's keep it constructive shall we? Name calling is just stupid...stupids. ;)

(just kidding)

:hi:

Kieth is Executive VP of HP Worldwide, he makes more in an hour than I do in 6 years. He owns a home in Steamboat Springs but still rides the rails with the hobos and plays golf with the mill workers at the local muni!

Something like that. I really do enjoy the common man, though. Someone bring me a Little Smoky.

PS - I before E, except after C, and not in Keith.

To the haters, notice the BSGers surfing at the bottom here. If they post, they are banned over there. So they simply read and perhaps someday it will sink in.

On another note, I just sourced some retail tour Tommy Armour heads. They will be $6000 a piece, paypal only. Any takers? Did I have you at paypal? Will someone buy eight heads clocked 27º open for some reason? Only time will tell. I already have seven PMs about these heads and I haven't even posted this yet. Somewhere 7 guys are lying to their wives and setting up dummy checking accounts.

Anything lefty? (cool)

I will litttterally look. :cheesy:

3 woods of a certain power A ticket to the Tom Wishon vs. Todd Thrun Power Meeting in Vegas that never happened

What does it matter if people who visit both sites with respect and don't feel the need to write posts such as this lurk at the bottom of the thread? Your battles are with the mods/owners of BSG...not the membership.

Titleist TSI3
Cobra Baffler
Callaway Apex MB 3-G w/ DG
Titleist SM8 54, 59 w/ DG
Odyssey butane Black Series i #1 w/ welded long neck

What does it matter if people who visit both sites with respect and don't feel the need to write posts such as this lurk at the bottom of the thread? Your battles are with the mods/owners of BSG...not the membership.

What about the Members threatening banned members on The Inside?

I'm all knowing like Merlin the Magician or Jacob the Jeweler.

Your battles are with the mods/owners of BSG...not the membership.

I don't think anybody would disagree with this.

However, should you even be reading this? That's not loyalty, is it?

Don't just pick out a fragment of my entire post. I said there are those (like myself) that choose to visit both sites with RESPECT, ENJOY the positives of each site, and not necessarily speak up about the things you don't agree with.

Titleist TSI3
Cobra Baffler
Callaway Apex MB 3-G w/ DG
Titleist SM8 54, 59 w/ DG
Odyssey butane Black Series i #1 w/ welded long neck

Your battles are with the mods/owners of BSG...not the membership.

I don't think anybody would disagree with this.

However, should you even be reading this? That's not loyalty, is it?

Don't just pick out a fragment of my entire post. I said there are those (like myself) that choose to visit both sites with RESPECT, ENJOY the positives of each site, and not necessarily speak up about the things you don't agree with.

JGalls,

On a serious note I remember you had some very sick friends that you were selling clubs for, are they doing better now?

Sam

I hit the park all the time and I am no hobo.

No, I believe you're missing the point (and the humor).

Just because I, or you, or anyone, may "hit the park", doesn't make you a hobo. Just because I may stab a hobo, doesn't make me a killer. Just because I know one Norwegian joke about Ole and Lena, doesn't make me a comedian.

Let's break it down. Let's say a jet engine falls from the sky, and kills you at this moment sitting in front of your computer. Is it the jet engine's fault for falling on you? Or is it your fault for sitting at your computer? Who's to blame?

That should clear everything up.

OK, I will quote your whole post. Happy? It still doesn't change my point.

Adam has a gripe with BSG, as he was treated like s*** by Todd and company, as were many others of us.

Just because you haven't been screwed by them doesn't mean anyone else doesn't have cause to speak their mind.

RESPECT my a**. I'll respect them when they deserve it. The members make the site, not the jerkoff that runs it.

And that's the rest of the story.

I hit the park all the time and I am no hobo.

No, I believe you're missing the point (and the humor).

Just because I, or you, or anyone, may "hit the park", doesn't make you a hobo. Just because I may stab a hobo, doesn't make me a killer. Just because I know one Norwegian joke about Ole and Lena, doesn't make me a comedian.

Let's break it down. Let's say a jet engine falls from the sky, and kills you at this moment sitting in front of your computer. Is it the jet engine's fault for falling on you? Or is it your fault for sitting at your computer? Who's to blame?

That should clear everything up.

TheVelvetCat hath spoken. Respect.

Adam has a gripe with BSG, as he was treated like s*** by Todd and company, as were many others of us.

Just because you haven't been screwed by them doesn't mean anyone else doesn't have cause to speak their mind.

RESPECT my a**. I'll respect them when they deserve it. The members make the site, not the jerkoff that runs it.

All I was saying JGalls, was that many lurk reading these threads and can't ask us if we are serious because they might be banned over there. I don't give two craps what sites you visit. I would just think that anyone with a brain might want to listen to twenty random guys who met over there who now all have beef there. You are right, we are all out to get BSG for no reason. We are just mean.

All I was saying JGalls, was that many lurk reading these threads and can't ask us if we are serious because they might be banned over there. I don't give two craps what sites you visit. I would just think that anyone with a brain might want to listen to twenty random guys who met over there who now all have beef there. You are right, we are all out to get BSG for no reason. We are just mean.

C'mon - you silly boys... look, I'm posting, and I'm not banned. I like going to both sites - at the moment, I CAN'T get on over there - it's not working, so I come over here on occasion.

How are all of you guys doing, btw?

Where's the funny stuff?

Rich (I have the best avatar) Walker

I think the only thing this thread is missing is Dusty talking about his new 681 T's.

Raise your hand if you know what I am talking about.......and if you are a "real fan".

DUSTYTIGER!!!!! What ever happened to the poor ol' Dustbuster and Pierre???

Wow that was before my time. That was before Drew Standley was banned the first 2 times and Todd let him back when he found out that Drew was a big time club ho that owns 12 trillion Exxon shares.

All I want is a REAL explanation of the search being turned off. If any of you, ANY of you think it is a server issue, then I fear for the future of our country. If something smells like a duck, then it probably has it's finger on the pulse of the golf industry.

C'mon - you silly boys... look, I'm posting, and I'm not banned. I like going to both sites - at the moment, I CAN'T get on over there - it's not working, so I come over here on occasion.

Where's the funny stuff?

Rich

Rich,

The funny stuff got banned for stupid reasons.

I told Todd that he was full of himself.

Rusty did not anything.

Adam was a smart-a**.

Derek didn't takes BSG's bribes.

Marc got banned for no reason, as did Brad.

Heck Drew was just a funny guy who participated in the Houston OUTTTTING that we did not get permission for.

Hell Keith got banned because he was our friend.

We all got banned for no legit reason, except for me I called Todd a liar and a crook and I don't regret that. I call it like I see it.

If you or anyone else has any questions shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

Where's the funny stuff?

Rich (I have the best avatar) Walker

In a safe place at an undisclosed location. I believe the last topic was what certain restaurants can do to your digestive abilities and whether or not they will speed it up. I can't disclose too much because it wouldn't be too undisclosed now, would it? (cool)

Where's the funny stuff?

Rich

Rich,

The funny stuff got banned for stupid reasons.

I told Todd that he was full of himself.

Rusty did not anything.

Adam was a smart-a**.

Derek didn't takes BSG's bribes.

Marc got banned for no reason, as did Brad.

Heck Drew was just a funny guy who participated in the Houston OUTTTTING that we did not get permission for.

Hell Keith got banned because he was our friend.

We all got banned for no legit reason, except for me I called Todd a liar and a crook and I don't regret that. I call it like I see it.

If you or anyone else has any questions shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

Bribes??? Where'd the money or goodies go then? I got nothing