2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

MY YONEX EZONE MB BUILD

Kadin 25

Thanks for the update and appreciate the kind words for any advice that I gave that worked out for you on these. Love the Ctapers and as you said not for everyone, but if they are for you..magic! Paintfill looks great!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Kadin 25' timestamp='1344227422' post='5413958']
[b]I have made a decision…[/b]

First I want to say thanks to everyone for all the great input you guys posted, my Yonex build was a lot of fun and it’s because of you WRXR’S! And a special thanks to [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/user/105250-dscvrr-st-louis/"][b][u][color=#ff0000][size=3]Dscvrr St Louis[/size][/color][/u][/b][/url] for all the info you provided![b][color=#ff0000] [/color][/b]I also have to say thanks to [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/user/175544-nicebutdim/"][b][u][color=#191919]nicebutdim[/color][/u][/b][/url][b][color=#ff0000] [/color][/b]with out your post I never would have tried grey for a paint fill.

[b]The tale of two shafts…[/b]

I knew I was going to try the Modus3 and the C-taper. So I shafted my 7 iron in the Modus3 and my 8 iron in a C-taper. I had the Modus3 before the C-taper arrived and hit it for about a week. I loved it, such a solid shaft. As I mentioned in an earlier post I said the C-taper is going to have to be pretty darn good to beat that shaft.[b] After hitting the C-taper for the first time I was blown away! I could not believe how awesome that shaft feels. Man when you swing it, it feels like poetry in motion! You almost feel like you can’t over swing it, it is that balanced and smooth. The ball flight is incredible too, the ball launches mid trajectory for me and lands like a butterfly with sore feet. I know not every shaft is for every player but DO NOT hesitate to try this shaft.[/b]

[b]The final build…[/b]

The C-taper has a beautiful color to it. Looks like brushed nickel or satin. I gripped it with a Golf Pride Z wrap (Never thought I would replace my New Decades but this grip is by far the better of the two for me), a black and silver ferrule, and I settled on the all grey paint fill (thanks to nicebutdim). Put them all together and it is one beautiful club. The Yonex just oozes confidence for me. For the first time I feel like this is as solid as my set can get, I will be gaming these for a long time to come.

[b]The numbers….[/b]

I have two full rounds with these now and carded a 74 & an 80. And one 9 hole round score of 40.

* I didn’t post my specs because I am going to up date my WITB post and didn’t want to double post all the info.
Here are some pics of the final product. The picture of the ball on the green was a 163 yard one hop and stop 7 iron with the C-Taper.
See ya on the green…Kadin
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. I have fallen in love with the C-Taper. It lands beautifully for me and I usually get no more than a foot of roll out or actually get about a foot of rollback at times. I love that consistency and it gives me a lot of confidence when I go into the green that my ball is going to hold exactly where I place it.

That's a good way of describing the smoothness. I thought it would play harsh given the reactions when it came out, but it really feels smooth. Don't mistake the smoothness for it not being tight. My dispersion is a lot tighter than it was with the TTDG (doesnt matter what head, I've tried a ton and done a side-by-side and every time the c-taper has won for me).

Cobra Fly Z+ 8.5* w/ Diamana D+ 70x
Tour Edge CB Pro 14.5* w/ Speeder 757x
Mizuno MP-H4 2i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z+ 3i-5i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z Pro 6-PW w/ C-Taper 130
Callaway MD2 50*/S and 56*/T
Bettinardi Sabbatini Flow Neck Proto
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145720-jakebarnes-witb-updated-828/page__hl__%20jakebarnes"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='JakeBarnes' timestamp='1345056535' post='5477548']
[quote name='Kadin 25' timestamp='1344227422' post='5413958']
[b]I have made a decision…[/b]

First I want to say thanks to everyone for all the great input you guys posted, my Yonex build was a lot of fun and it’s because of you WRXR’S! And a special thanks to [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/user/105250-dscvrr-st-louis/"][b][u][color=#ff0000][size=3]Dscvrr St Louis[/size][/color][/u][/b][/url] for all the info you provided![b][color=#ff0000] [/color][/b]I also have to say thanks to [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/user/175544-nicebutdim/"][b][u][color=#191919]nicebutdim[/color][/u][/b][/url][b][color=#ff0000] [/color][/b]with out your post I never would have tried grey for a paint fill.

[b]The tale of two shafts…[/b]

I knew I was going to try the Modus3 and the C-taper. So I shafted my 7 iron in the Modus3 and my 8 iron in a C-taper. I had the Modus3 before the C-taper arrived and hit it for about a week. I loved it, such a solid shaft. As I mentioned in an earlier post I said the C-taper is going to have to be pretty darn good to beat that shaft.[b] After hitting the C-taper for the first time I was blown away! I could not believe how awesome that shaft feels. Man when you swing it, it feels like poetry in motion! You almost feel like you can’t over swing it, it is that balanced and smooth. The ball flight is incredible too, the ball launches mid trajectory for me and lands like a butterfly with sore feet. I know not every shaft is for every player but DO NOT hesitate to try this shaft.[/b]

[b]The final build…[/b]

The C-taper has a beautiful color to it. Looks like brushed nickel or satin. I gripped it with a Golf Pride Z wrap (Never thought I would replace my New Decades but this grip is by far the better of the two for me), a black and silver ferrule, and I settled on the all grey paint fill (thanks to nicebutdim). Put them all together and it is one beautiful club. The Yonex just oozes confidence for me. For the first time I feel like this is as solid as my set can get, I will be gaming these for a long time to come.

[b]The numbers….[/b]

I have two full rounds with these now and carded a 74 & an 80. And one 9 hole round score of 40.

* I didn’t post my specs because I am going to up date my WITB post and didn’t want to double post all the info.
Here are some pics of the final product. The picture of the ball on the green was a 163 yard one hop and stop 7 iron with the C-Taper.
See ya on the green…Kadin
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. I have fallen in love with the C-Taper. It lands beautifully for me and I usually get no more than a foot of roll out or actually get about a foot of rollback at times. I love that consistency and it gives me a lot of confidence when I go into the green that my ball is going to hold exactly where I place it.

That's a good way of describing the smoothness. I thought it would play harsh given the reactions when it came out, but it really feels smooth. Don't mistake the smoothness for it not being tight. My dispersion is a lot tighter than it was with the TTDG (doesnt matter what head, I've tried a ton and done a side-by-side and every time the c-taper has won for me).
[/quote]Agreed it is very tight. I'm loving them!

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin

• 7 months later...

I've got a set of [url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yonex-EZone-MB-Forged-Irons-MuscleBack-4-PW-Nippon-Super-Peening-Blue-9-10-WOW-/230949894981?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBOFFX%3AIT&nma=true&si=1246hnYeKrdhzf4aDybeTjCYxjA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc"]Ezone MBs (4-PW)[/url] coming (arrive WED) with "pured" Nippon Super-Peening blue S shafts. Black ferrules, black (factory) paintfill, Lamkin cross-line cord w/ reminders.

I am tempted through to shift to GP Z-cord grips. They look amazing :)

[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][url="https://www.usna.edu/homepage.php"]Go Navy![/url]

[b][u]WITB[/u][/b]
Titleist 915 D4 8.5 Oban V430 6.5 75g
Titleist 915 F2 15 Rogue Silver 80S
Titleist VG3 18.5 JDM PX 6.0
Titleist 680 raw 4-PW Nippon MODUS 125S
Titleist TVD raw C-C 53 and Indigo SM5 58 DGTI
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach 340g 35"
Scotty Cameron MilSpec Gen2 330g 35"[/font][/size]

[quote name='Titleist-Golfer' timestamp='1364235897' post='6690543']
I've got a set of [url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yonex-EZone-MB-Forged-Irons-MuscleBack-4-PW-Nippon-Super-Peening-Blue-9-10-WOW-/230949894981?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBOFFX%3AIT&nma=true&si=1246hnYeKrdhzf4aDybeTjCYxjA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc"]Ezone MBs (4-PW)[/url] coming (arrive WED) with "pured" Nippon Super-Peening blue S shafts. Black ferrules, black (factory) paintfill, Lamkin cross-line cord w/ reminders.

I am tempted through to shift to GP Z-cord grips. They look amazing :)
[/quote]Awesome! Yea I love the way they look. Post some pics when you get them I'd love to see em.

Editor Product Reviews

• 5 months later...

I've got a chance to pick up a set of the Yonex Ezone MB's with the Nippon Modus 130 shafts in them with x flex. Currently I still game a set of 681's with the stiff original DG shafts ( :stink: ) but still shoot low to mid 70s. I hear the MB's play longer and feel better than most of the best stuff on the market today, let alone 12 year old clubs. I'm a little concerned about the x flex, but everyone states the tip is a little softer, which will bring up your launch angle, playing more like a S+, does that sound about right? If they launch too high but I love the feel, couldn't I go 1 or 2 degrees stronger on the face to keep the angle a little lower, while producing good distance?

I tried both the Modus and the C taper in C flex. For me, the C Taper was better.

Editor Product Reviews

[quote name='Browntollio84' timestamp='1377628092' post='7754283']
I've got a chance to pick up a set of the Yonex Ezone MB's with the Nippon Modus 130 shafts in them with x flex. Currently I still game a set of 681's with the stiff original DG shafts ( :stink: ) but still shoot low to mid 70s. I hear the MB's play longer and feel better than most of the best stuff on the market today, let alone 12 year old clubs. I'm a little concerned about the x flex, but everyone states the tip is a little softer, which will bring up your launch angle, playing more like a S+, does that sound about right? If they launch too high but I love the feel, couldn't I go 1 or 2 degrees stronger on the face to keep the angle a little lower, while producing good distance?
[/quote]
That's a great buy you got. I was watching it too. I have these blades among several others and they have really started to shine.