2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Miura's are home - pics of my new equipment

wizo

I finally got em back - I started from scratch and got everything new. Miura irons 4-pw cb-501 with KBS tour s+ shafts, golf pride decade - white/black oversized grips - all 1.5 degrees upright, D2-D4 in weight. I also scored a set of Miura wedges - a 59 and 55 degree 1957 series - (ordered the 51 but it will take 3 weeks to get).

I felt like a kid at Christmas today picking them up. My fitter had taken a week to get them back to me...It was like an eternity. I came from a set of Taylormade mb's with s300's. I found out that they were all D0 in weight and the lofts lies were all over the place. I hit them very solid but I felt they were whippy and I could not feel where the head was. We upped the swing weight in my Miura's and put a stiffer shaft in there - also I needed 1/4 over standard in length.

I made the change also from a Taylormade superfast 2.0 driver to an Adams Launch Lab Custom driver. I have it shafted with a Tour DI 6s but will have to get a 7x instead because I feel its not stiff enough. I topped it all off with a new Miura stand bag which is sssupper nice and was surprised with a matching Miura hat (thrown in by fitter). I got to say the hat is one of my favorite things that I got!

The last thing I put in the bag was a new Scotty Cameron putter. Its the new Newport - Monterey edition with a slant neck playing 33 inches. It was so nice to go from a insert putter with a crazy oversized grip to a traditional full faced putter fitted to the correct length.

I hit them today at the range - I have not hit balls in about 2 weeks. My swing was off and I seemed to try and work on mechanics more to find the center of the face again. I did pure 5-6 really nice shots and bbbbboooyyyy is there a difference. The ball speed and feeling is really nice. It seems that when you get them just right - the ball just rockets right off the face. They look very similar and feel very close to my last set of blades. My old set I had groved in well and would hit them pure all the time. There really is no comparison when you hit the dead center of the face of my new Miura's. It will take me a few range sessions to get my swing back in tune - but there is nothing better than knowing that your clubs are built for your body and swing. Please enjoy the photos!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice clubs and lovely bag. Enjoy and hit them well!

Driver: Cobra F9 8* KBS TD 70 Cat 4

Fairway: TM M6 18* KBS TD 80 Cat 4

Hybrid: Nike VR Pro 24* KBS 105S Proto

Irons: Wilson Blades 5-PW KBS Tour 120

Wedges: Wilson ZM 52* 56* Hi Toe 60*

Putter: Ping PLD Anser Matte Black 

Golf Ball: Maxfli Tour X or Wilson Staff 

Looks awesome!

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

Very nice! Congrats!

[size=2][b][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]WITB #1[/font][/b]
[b][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Callaway XR Driver - 11*, Fubuki Z 50[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Tour Edge CB Pro 4 Wood - Fujikura Rombax 6Z08[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Tour Edge EX9 Tour - 20*, Recoil 780 ES[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno JPX EZ Forged - 4i - GW, Fujikura MCI 80 Stiff[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Fourteen RM21 Black - 54/10 - 58/8, Dynamic Gold[/font][/b]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][b]Bettinardi Signature Model 6[/b] [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Putter Rotation: [b]Bettinardi [/b]Signature Model 6 / Model 7 / BB 360, [b]Miura [/b]KM-006 / KM-350, [b]TP Mills [/b]Nellie Wings / Fleetwood, [b]Byron Morgan[/b] Dalehead 89 / 007 (Copper, sound slot) / Channel Island Plumber / Channel Island Rincon, [b]Odyssey [/b]Prototype 2 Ball Black / Odyssey Black Series Tour Design 2 Ball Blade[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]WITB #2[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Callaway XR Driver - 11*, Fubuki ZT 60[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Tour Edge CB Pro 4 Wood - Fujikura Rombax 6Z08[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Miura Hybrids - HB3 / HB4, Aerotech Steelfiber[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Miura MC102 - 4i - GW, Nippon NS Pro[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Miura Black Wedges, 55/9 - 60/7, Nippon NS Pro WV[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Miura KM-006[/font][/size]

Very nice setup. What swingweight did you go up to?

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

I don't have head covers but think I should get some ASAP - every forged iron I ever had has serious bag chatter in golf carts and moving them around.

The swing weights are progressive 4,5 are d-1.7 6-7 are d2 8-9 are d-2.7-3 and wedges d3-4

Thanks for all the comments - will give update on playability once I have used them for a week or so

I had some trouble the first time I took my Miuras with significantly stiffer shafts than what I came from out to the range as well. They definitely make you put a good swing on the ball. I could get pretty sloppy with my 800 Pros and still get along ok but not so much with these.

When I golf with friends we usually drink a fair amount and I'm contemplating getting a set of older used J33s or Cobra SS for my "drinking man's clubs" lol. Then I can have a few beers and not get punished too harshly.

I actually have the 9003s which are the most forgiving set they make but it's like saying its the friendliest lion in the cage. They still require your utmost attention! As mentioned before they are dwarfed in size by my 800 pros especially in the long irons. The 4 iron doesn't really look any different at address than a blade.

<<was surprised with a matching Miura hat (thrown in by fitter). I got to say the hat is one of my favorite things that I got!>>

Congrats on the set. Also like that hat a lot -- any idea if your guy has more and/or if I could get one from him? Thanks, and enjoy the clubs!

[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]_________________________________[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Epon AF-153 / TRPX M1st[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Ryoma 2017 F5[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind CMB2 DI / Crazy STP[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Miura HB3 18 / ProjX[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=2]Seven MCB 5-AW[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind 56-onset / NS WV105[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Cally forged copper 64 / DGspin[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Seven Benock Pantaleone [/font][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color]

Yes - call pat francisco at precise golf in Melbourne fl. Ask him for the same hat he got me - Warren - it's much nicer than the adjustable one and I have got some serious compliments on it. I don't want to sweat in it bc I can go out and wear it on the weekend. My father-in-law thought it was a Yankee hat and called to order one for his son.

His number is 321-255-9240 or [email protected]

[quote name='wizo' timestamp='1344639433' post='5447132']
Yes - call pat francisco at precise golf in Melbourne fl. Ask him for the same hat he got me - Warren - it's much nicer than the adjustable one and I have got some serious compliments on it. I don't want to sweat in it bc I can go out and wear it on the weekend. My father-in-law thought it was a Yankee hat and called to order one for his son.

His number is 321-255-9240 or [email protected]
[/quote]

Thanks a lot -- will give him a call today.
Enjoy your Miura's -- I'm still so stunned by my own new set that I haven't posted rest of my pics...

[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]_________________________________[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Epon AF-153 / TRPX M1st[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Ryoma 2017 F5[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind CMB2 DI / Crazy STP[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Miura HB3 18 / ProjX[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=2]Seven MCB 5-AW[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind 56-onset / NS WV105[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Cally forged copper 64 / DGspin[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Seven Benock Pantaleone [/font][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked mine up. Left handed hybrid set of Miura irons with their new left handed wedges that have just come out. Taking them out tomorrow.

LEFT HANDED

Callaway Paradym Smoke TD with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

I got on the launch monitor with the same 7 iron Miura head and tried the Nippon Super Peening Blue, the KBS c-taper, and the Modus3. For some reason, the Super Peening Blue did not do well with my swing and was nixed first. The c-taper and the Modus 3 both performed equally well, except for two things. The ball flight was alittle more boring with the Modus3 before reaching it's pinnacle, where as the KBS went up early. The feel with the Modus 3 was just spectacular. It felt smooth, almost soft, and felt like I was loading the shaft. I almost worried that it was too soft, but the results were the same as the KBS. I really liked that kind of feel. I really went after a few hard just too make sure it wasn't too soft and they held their line. The fitter preferred my ball flight with the Modus3 as he thought there was less risk of ballooning when playing into the wind.

LEFT HANDED

Callaway Paradym Smoke TD with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft