Nike Unitized

HumberGolf

Tiempo
i have only tried this in a retail store, hitting 20-30 putts with it. I felt it was kinda hard, but i think that will give me better feedback and also give me a better pace to my putts. Has anybody tested this putter out, how does it compare to competitors. i really wanna put one in the bag, i think im already sold on it but just wanna get some opinions from people who have tested it out.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GROSS! I hated it so much. Just looking at the one piece shaft turns me off. Then I tried it. The feel is un-describable its that bad. I actually cant look at this shaft when i set it up. Man for that price you might as well go to a Scotty and get a real putter. Cant say enough about my 35" 330g Scotty Studio Style Newport 2. I love it. Im just one guy though and you might like this nike putter. Just my $.02

If the "soft feel" is what is causing the all the pissing and moaning, then that must be what people don't like. My Retro is "softer" feeling than the Odyssey White Hot #3 that I've used for 5 years.

Nike could take a Cameron, put a swoosh on it, and you would hear this type of BS until people realized they've been tricked.

On topic, try it and decide for yourself.

really nice putter. Sets up very nicely, in balance and cool looking. Don't look for the tradionalists (cameron putter users etc.) to love this putter, even if it's 303 Stainless as the ping redwood is and most Camerons are except the one with GSS insert.

The ping redwood is a nice putter too..but for some reason, I could not make any putts with it. I made 10 footers at will with the Tiempo. I had the same deal with the SCotty Newport 2 studio style..good to look at but the putts just won't fall. I am a little surprised with some of the reviews I have read from disdain to disgust...but that's the typical response to Nike issued products so take it with a grain of salt. Test it, if you like. use it..make putts be happy... ;)

Finally sensible comment here. I have used a scotty as well for about 3 years (Mil Spec 34"). i am consistent with it at my home course, but when i play amateur events around Canada i stuggle with speed control, it takes a while to get used to it. it just seems easier if the putter has a harder feel, becuase you feel the ball more, you dont see anybody using the stx putters on tour do you. Scotty's i think are a little overated, if scotty designed this style putter (unitized) everybody would be all over it. Just wait, nike will be the most dominating company in golf in thr next few years.

what do i like about the putter?

- it looks great at setup

- it feels quite heavy

- grip is awesome

what i don't like about the putter?

- it doesn't have a sight line

- it doesn't feel as good as my pro platinum

i think a lot of people hate on nike because it's nike. its a fine putter if you ask me and if it had a sight line, it probably would have been in my bag (provided i implemened the golfsmith f&f discount awhile back).

edit: james are you using nike proto clubs? or are you just trying to pull everyone's legs with the 6453 code...

i really like the square set up, and using a sightline all these years, gets me too focused on the line rather than the speed, as speed is a lot more important than line in this game. i really like the dot. The weight of the putter is perfect, and no additional weight would be needed. Look what happened when paul casey put it in the bag. Puts started falling. Tiger has 5 nike putters that stites and company made for him. but its hard for tiger as he won most his majors with that putter. If Tiger switched to a nike putter, i bet 70-80% of the people bashing nike, would get a reality check and look at nike a different way.

if scotty designed this style putter (unitized) everybody would be all over it. Just wait, nike will be the most dominating company in golf in thr next few years

can you imagine that? SCotty coming up with something innovative.. :drinks: ...no..he's good at copying but his idea of innovation is the Futura..which probably wasn't his idea in the first place..but if he came up with this Unitized concept...the placebo effect will be unreal ;)

If the "soft feel" is what is causing the all the pissing and moaning, then that must be what people don't like. My Retro is "softer" feeling than the Odyssey White Hot #3 that I've used for 5 years.

Nike could take a Cameron, put a swoosh on it, and you would hear this type of BS until people realized they've been tricked.

it doesnt have a soft feel at all quite the opposite and i have nothing against nike at all i like there stuff it just doesnt suit ME [/i]as well as others i have tried

it doesnt have a soft feel at all quite the opposite and i have nothing against nike at all i like there stuff it just doesnt suit ME [/i]as well as others i have tried

I have no problem with this statement at all, of course they won't fit everyone. Again, I mentioned that I have the Retro, so I can't comment on the Tiempo, which is the putter in question by the thread starter.

I have never been a Nike fan, especially putters. With that said, the Tiempo is the best feeling putter I have ever hit. The problem is the weight. I like a heavier putter. I may try the Neo. Maybe it will knock the Havana out of the bag. I was very impressed with the new Nike offering.

No Nike bashing, just commenting on the feel. I had a hard time getting used to the way the ball came off the face and what that felt like. Granted I was putting on an astroturf green, none of the unitized really gave me the right distance control or the line. I picked up a Futura (really one of my favorite putters and for some reason I never bought one) and started making quite a few putts. I tried a few blades like the Circa series 1,2, and 3 to see if I just need a mallet. Distance control was still there but the line was a little harder to hit.

All in all, a great putter by Nike. However it just could not challenge a Cameron. Much better than their previous attempts and I was a big fan of the latest center shafted mallet they released around a year ago.

I just picked up one of these and I really like it. I would put it in the bag, but I just putt to well with my Cameron. Head looks great at address and has a pretty good feel. A little "tinny" sound, but not bad really. A great putter from Nike, but as suggested by others Cameron crazy guys won't switch. (I'm not Cameron crazy either)

Ping G430 Max 10K 9° shaft???

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Srixon UX 4 23° Ventus Blue 8

Ping i230 5-U Dynamic Gold 105

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.10 (55°) and 60.08 Nippon Modus 105

Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5

... i think im already sold on it but just wanna get some opinions from people who have tested it out.

Finally sensible comment here.

You asked for feedback and only post the second quote when someone gave the Tiempo a good review. Well, many people do not like the feel and/or the looks of the Tiempo and those are valid and sensible opinions.

You can count me in with those who's opinion is that this putter lack feel of other putters. I tried this putter at my local golf store and I just do not like it. Nike has a long way to go before I would ever consider buying one of their putters. The store did not have the Retro in and I prefer this style putter. This is not a knock against Nike but a criticism of their current putter technology. IMO, Nike lags far behind many in the industry and the likes of Scotty Cameron, David Mills, Bobby Grace. Nike is serious about golf and I am sure that they will catch up in time. However, their current offering, at least the Tiempo, certainly has some room for improvement. Just my 2 cents.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

if scotty designed this style putter (unitized) everybody would be all over it. Just wait, nike will be the most dominating company in golf in thr next few years

can you imagine that? SCotty coming up with something innovative.. :scotty: ...no..he's good at copying but his idea of innovation is the Futura..which probably wasn't his idea in the first place..but if he came up with this Unitized concept...the placebo effect will be unreal :drinks:

And the Tiempo is an all original putter? Good grief. ;)

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

the tiempo is amazing reading the replies and the nike bashing has me confused why is there so much nike haters

Just because a person posts a negative comment on the Tiempo does not make them a Nike basher. At least I am not. I just do not like the Tiempo. To me it lacked feel and balance compared to many other putters offered. My posts here does not mention another putter, just the Tiempo.

Threads like this seem to get the Cameron bashers out. Interesting. My posts just reflect that I do not like the Tiempo. This is why there are many manufacturers and many style offerings.

And the Tiempo is an all original putter? Good grief.

at least they came up with a unitized concept. Not picking up an anser, and remoulding in German Stainless Steel ($3000.00 at least), slapping a flashy red grip on it and voila...the market goes wild..hey but at the end of the day, you can't bash success and Scotty is very successful. Even Ping who are the true innovators have to take a back seat to the flattering imitation..competing against their own designs... ;) ..the copyright laws need to be for eternity :drinks:

If you saw Golf Channel pieces on Nike's Sumo promotional drive Tiger's comments were spot on. He said early on with Nike he was "skeptical". I do believe Nike has come a long way. I have never owned any Nike clubs but the Black/Platinum balls are terriffic golf balls. Do not be suprised if one of these days Tiger is putting with a Swoosh....

And the Tiempo is an all original putter? Good grief.

at least they came up with a unitized concept. Not picking up an anser, and remoulding in German Stainless Steel ($3000.00 at least), slapping a flashy red grip on it and voila...the market goes wild..hey but at the end of the day, you can't bash success and Scotty is very successful. Even Ping who are the true innovators have to take a back seat to the flattering imitation..competing against their own designs... ;) ..the copyright laws need to be for eternity :drinks:

Bobby Grace had a unitized concept back in 2000 when he was on his own. For those who have not ever putted with a GSS Newport or Newport 2, we cannot qualify any comment with personal fact regarding the GSS and our opinion is baseless. I know I cannot comment on the GSS one way or another. Regarding the GSS NP/NP2, I have heard personal accounts from people that own these and OTR stainless models and they account for a significant difference in feel. Also, since professional players usually get their putters for free and can putt with anything, why are a majority of Cameron tour players putting with GSS models instead of carbon steel or regular stainless?

Calling the GSS or SSS marketing hype a stretch. This would be like me bashing a Mercedes S Class car eventhough I have never set foot in this car.

Regarding the GSS NP/NP2, I have heard personal accounts from people that own these and OTR stainless models and they account for a significant difference in feel. Also, since professional players usually get their putters for free and can putt with anything, why are a majority of Cameron tour

I think your comments are right on. I had an OTR stainless Newport 2.0 with GSS and thought the feel was nowhere near what it should have been. BLACK SWIRL BABY!

The Black Swirl is an interesting putter. However, I like the looks of the Prototype putters better.

Regarding Cameron putters, I have heard that a GSS feels much better than the stainless w/GSS insert or plain OTR stainless. Another thing, it is interesting that Odyssey and Ping have now jumped into the milled putter market. Is Ping copying Scotty Cameron now? ;)

Bobby Grace had a unitized concept back in 2000 when he was on his own. For those who have not ever putted with a GSS Newport or Newport 2, we cannot qualify any comment with personal fact regarding the GSS and our opinion is baseless. I know I cannot comment on the GSS one way or another. Regarding the GSS NP/NP2, I have heard personal accounts from people that own these and OTR stainless models and they account for a significant difference in feel. Also, since professional players usually get their putters for free and can putt with anything, why are a majority of Cameron tour players putting with GSS models instead of carbon steel or regular stainless?

Calling the GSS or SSS marketing hype a stretch. This would be like me bashing a Mercedes S Class car eventhough I have never set foot in this car.

Regarding the GSS NP/NP2, I have heard personal accounts from people that own these and OTR stainless models and they account for a significant difference in feel. Also, since professional players usually get their putters for free and can putt with anything, why are a majority of Cameron tour

sorry..your post is a little confusing. Parts of it is repeated below? By the way, the GSS is not the reason for the soft feel of the GSS insert Newport putters. It is the the way it is plastered on the face. The GSS face of the Red X is soft but not too far from the 303 Stainless steel in feel, just looks a little duller and denser. Most tour Cameron putters aren't GSS . Some are 303 SS, Pro Platinum too...the new ones may all be GSS though...

I do ramble at times. ;)

There are more GSS putters than people realize. Yes, there are a lot of carbon steel and 303 stainless putters. I have seen quite a few putters that are tour GSS and even more that are produced for the collector market. Do a COA search at SC.com and type in GSS. Most, if not all, are not tour putters although some have been, like the Darren Clark putter.

I am not sure what the tensil strength of GSS is compared to 303 stainless. I thought I have read that they are both the same. If true then the feel should be identical. Of course I will never own a GSS so I probably will never tell with a side by side putting comparison.