• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1387477086' post='8323699']
You got a bargain.

Well Done.
[/quote]

Hi, thanks for the reply. I see that you play the tournament blades. How long have you had them? Would you ever go back to an off the rack set after having a set of these?
I'm curious to know from someone who has a set of Miuras, I've read all the hype and i've wanted a set forever so I'm happy i finally found a set.

[quote name='Jamboy72' timestamp='1387477003' post='8323693']
yes and yes - For $400, if they're in good shape, that's a freaky good deal - well done - and custom fitting is always a good idea -
[/quote]

Yes and Yes. +1

If they're in bad shape you still got a great deal.

GL with them.

Something Rare
Something JDM
WITB Link

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, So i bought these clubs for $400 (4-pw), coincidentally they just opened a PGA tour superstore on Long Island. So i went there, gave them $99 for an annual membership (and got back a $75 gift card for signing up). They did a whole fitting, adjusted the clubs accordingly (all labor was free with the membership)

Long story short, best overall purchase i think i've ever made and the fitting was the icing on the cake.

Does anyone know or have a good guess as to how long these clubs should last me? I probably play 40 times a year and at the driving range once a week.

[quote name='Jdubs77' timestamp='1389110319' post='8415335']
Just an update, So i bought these clubs for $400 (4-pw), coincidentally they just opened a PGA tour superstore on Long Island. So i went there, gave them $99 for an annual membership (and got back a $75 gift card for signing up). They did a whole fitting, adjusted the clubs accordingly (all labor was free with the membership)

Long story short, best overall purchase i think i've ever made and the fitting was the icing on the cake.

Does anyone know or have a good guess as to how long these clubs should last me? I probably play 40 times a year and at the driving range once a week.
[/quote]

How old are you? At that usage, unless you're still in school somewhere, they should last you most of the rest of your life. Or at least a very long time. Really good purchase.

[quote name='MizzyMan' timestamp='1389118547' post='8416343']
[quote name='Jdubs77' timestamp='1389110319' post='8415335']

[/quote]

How old are you? At that usage, unless you're still in school somewhere, they should last you most of the rest of your life. Or at least a very long time. Really good purchase.
[/quote]I'm 38, I was just curious like how long the grooves/club face on the clubs should last that type of stuff

I play the CB-202 and I thought I got the best deal paying $900 for a 4-pw with aerotech shafts. Looks like you got a better deal.

These are by far the best irons I have ever played and I love how they feel and play. I am a +0.3 HDCP. I practice a lot on a grass range and I was worried I would only get one season out of them but I am thinking I will get at least two or three years before I even think of replacing them.

Great purchase if they are in great shape.

congrats on the Miuras… I found a set of used wedges at a local GG… both for under $100…went up to pay and the manager said they had the iron set from the man who traded in the wedges, but they didn't know how to price them.. I offered $500 for both wedges and the iron set (PP9003 5-GW with KBS shafts). He accepted and after paying I ran out of the store to my club fitter and had Aerotechs put in them.. the irons were basically new… the feel is amazing..

I loved them so much I decided to order a set for a home we have in Naples, Fla as I hate to put those beauties in the hands of Delta…. had my eye on a set of the black boron finish… but when he called with the proposed price, I gagged

You got a great deal on a magnificent iron set… fit with an iron shaft that matches your swing speed, it makes the game even more fun…when I hit a shot well.. the feeling is magical

welcome to the show..

Ok so another update. I got these bent back to standard which is my preferred lie, regripped with my favorite grips (Winn Drytacs) and going to the range a lot over the past couple of weeks. I can see how nice it is when you hit one pure but for some reason I'm not in love with them. Is it possibly mental? I am thinking about selling them if anyone is interested please let me know

$400 is a great deal as everyone here has stated. Give yourself alittle time to get used to them. You may have trouble selling these here as a new member with no track record or relationships here. I would give it more time regardless. If you are having trouble with them then, it could be the shaft, the minimal offset, or the sole grind may not suit your swing. It is more of a player's cavity back club. I have the left handed version which is the same style as the 202.

LEFT HANDED

Callaway Paradym Smoke TD with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

[quote name='Jdubs77' timestamp='1387477996' post='8323765']
[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1387477086' post='8323699']
You got a bargain.

Well Done.
[/quote]

Hi, thanks for the reply. I see that you play the tournament blades. How long have you had them? Would you ever go back to an off the rack set after having a set of these?
I'm curious to know from someone who has a set of Miuras, I've read all the hype and i've wanted a set forever so I'm happy i finally found a set.
[/quote]

They're great clubs and you got a great deal....Reading your posts I see that you're not in love with them. Too bad really but not all great clubs work for everyone.

You shouldn't have any trouble selling them somewhere and not getting hurt.

I'd suggest sticking with them for a bit and seeing if they grow on you.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

Also I find that hitting Miuras off mats can be like driving a Ferrari in Manhattan. Can feel way too much of the "cement and potholes" of the range if indeed you're hitting off mats. I've been playing the CB301's for years, and there are days at the range that I just stop hitting them. Put them on grass at the course though, and it's magic time every time. Point, I guess, it that you feel WAY more with Miuras... and the feel of most ranges is not what a golfer wants to feel... Give them a fair number of actual rounds before you let go of that great deal you stumbled upon.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]_________________________________[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Epon AF-153 / TRPX M1st[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Ryoma 2017 F5[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind CMB2 DI / Crazy STP[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Miura HB3 18 / ProjX[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=2]Seven MCB 5-AW[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind 56-onset / NS WV105[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Cally forged copper 64 / DGspin[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Seven Benock Pantaleone [/font][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='RLL33' timestamp='1389717455' post='8458737']
Also I find that hitting Miuras off mats can be like driving a Ferrari in Manhattan. Can feel way too much of the "cement and potholes" of the range if indeed you're hitting off mats. I've been playing the CB301's for years, and there are days at the range that I just stop hitting them. Put them on grass at the course though, and it's magic time every time. Point, I guess, it that you feel WAY more with Miuras... and the feel of most ranges is not what a golfer wants to feel... Give them a fair number of actual rounds before you let go of that great deal you stumbled upon.
[/quote]
I hear you, I think maybe this is the case, I am hitting off mats. The only issue is that I enjoy practicing though. If I can't have good practice sessions I feel like it's going to be owning that Ferrari but never driving it around and only taking it out to race.

Does anyone know if these heads happen to be heavier than a usual iron like a titleist cb 710/712? I have a set of apex FTXs with the same exact shafts and grips and the apex seem noticeably lighter to me

I can relate to that, too. I used to be a real range rat, spent more time there than on the course. Over the last year and a half though, I've totally changed my routines. I'd say I play at least four rounds to every time I go to the range. The result? My handicap has been literally cut in half. I've been amazed to find out that hitting off straight lie mats was no longer doing me any good.

The only time I go to the range now is to hit driver, woods, hybrids, etc.. Occasionally I'll hit irons off a cut down tee that still lets me hit down on the ball without breaking my wrists (and the Miuras...), and I've learned a valuable lesson -- my actual game is better off for it.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]_________________________________[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Epon AF-153 / TRPX M1st[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Ryoma 2017 F5[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind CMB2 DI / Crazy STP[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Miura HB3 18 / ProjX[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=2]Seven MCB 5-AW[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind 56-onset / NS WV105[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Cally forged copper 64 / DGspin[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Seven Benock Pantaleone [/font][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color]

OK, here's the deal. Miura irons have an overrated (for many) feel. Some love the soft feel of Mizunos and don't like the firmer feel of Miuras. I prefer the "solid" feel of the Miuras over the "mushy" feel. Something about trash and treasure. Miuras (baby blades especially, but 202's also to a lesser degree) are very dense-feeling and strike the ball like nothing else IMO. It took me months of playing with quality golf balls off of grass to appreciate the solidity, precision, and consistency. It surprises me about zero that hitting them on the range off of mats with crappy balls isn't gonna bring you nirvana. Bottom line: If you want range-beaters, sell 'em and get something soft and easy. If you wanna play golf, keep them and I almost guarantee you'll be happy with them.

I would second giving them a little bit of time. When I first got my CB-301's new that I was fitted for, I thought it was the biggest mistake I ever made. I could barely hit the 6 iron as far as I could the 9 iron in my prior sets (J33 CB's and Tommy Armour Blades). Felt nothing like my fitting at all.

That being said, I am so glad that I stuck with them. After a few weeks, everything came back. Now I hit them better than I used to hit my old clubs, and whether its the clubs or the shafts or both, I got the change in ball flight I was hoping for. Its the first set of clubs I couldn't hit right away, and I Don't know what caused it, but it ended up working out great and I couldn't be happier (Although a part of me wishes I'd have gone baby blades in the short irons).

Good luck!

[quote name='MizzyMan' timestamp='1389736377' post='8460859']
OK, here's the deal. Miura irons have an overrated (for many) feel. Some love the soft feel of Mizunos and don't like the firmer feel of Miuras. I prefer the "solid" feel of the Miuras over the "mushy" feel. Something about trash and treasure. Miuras (baby blades especially, but 202's also to a lesser degree) are very dense-feeling and strike the ball like nothing else IMO. It took me months of playing with quality golf balls off of grass to appreciate the solidity, precision, and consistency. It surprises me about zero that hitting them on the range off of mats with crappy balls isn't gonna bring you nirvana. Bottom line: If you want range-beaters, sell 'em and get something soft and easy. If you wanna play golf, keep them and I almost guarantee you'll be happy with them.
[/quote]

This post is exactly what I noticed with mine when I first got them. I didn't think much of them on the range but after I played a few rounds with them I am in love with them. Our range is off the grass so it helps when the season is on but I am still hitting hard clunky range balls. But on the course is where I love them the most. Best irons I have hit by far.

• 3 weeks later...

How are the 202s treating you ?
That model requires a precise well executed swing .
I hope that you hang onto them as you may grow into them later even if they are challenging to hit at the moment .

Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
Yamada Shogun

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1391772633' post='8614851']
How are the 202s treating you ?
That model requires a precise well executed swing .
I hope that you hang onto them as you may grow into them later even if they are challenging to hit at the moment .
[/quote]

Hi, well after more than a few very frustrating range sessions I just wasn't able to get things going with the CB-202s. Truth be told i'm not really a fan of Cavity Back clubs, no matter what the brand.

I actually sold those CB-202s and used the $ to buy a set of the '07 Tournament Blades and let me just say that I could not possibly be happier with how i hit them. I've never had a set of irons that I hit better and I've tried ALOT of clubs.

I recently bought Miura 202 set and played it for the first time today. I had a mixed feeling about softness as the feeling is more solid/dense than tourstage z101. Maybe my swing is not up to par with Miura set.

My bag:

Titleist 917D3 w/ Tour AD BB S
Titleist 917 13.5
Miura 202 3-p NS pro S Pured
Mirua Wedge 53 and 58
Scotty Cameron 2.6/California

Very solid feeling cavity back. Really plays and feels like a blade. Your swing has to be on, to play these well, but when your swing is on, they feel and perform great.

LEFT HANDED

Callaway Paradym Smoke TD with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft