Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Golf stats tracker?

NorbooNorboo Members Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
What App do you use to keep track of your stats?

Looking for something simple to use.

I have:

Golfshot Plus

18 Birdies

Just downloaded Grint (not liking it too much).

I remember OobGolf had pretty nice app and tracking system.
Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 Stock Alta (need shaft fitting)
Fairway Wood: Ryoma F3 and F5
Hybrid: Ping G400 3 & 5
Irons: OnOff Kuro 2015 6 - PW
Wedge: Cleveland CBX 50, RTX4 56
Putter: S.C. GoLo 3
Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
Club hoe, builder, fitter and tester as hobbyist since 1993
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• YoungJediYoungJedi Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Golf metrics

Not simple from the first glance. But all you have to do is enter the distance to the hole, and lie you are in (fairway, rough, recovery, bunker)

After the round it calculates all of your strokes gained for every area for you (which is truly the only stat that means anything...)
    Ping g410 LST 7° w/ Fujikura Ventus 6s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 LST 13° fairway w/ Fujikura Ventus 7s, tipped 1/2”
    PXG 0311X gen2 DARKNESS 2 iron w/ Tensei pro 70g hybrid S
    PXG 0311x gen1 DARKNESS 4 iron w/ kbs $taper S
    Ping Blueprint 5-pw w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Ping Glide Forged 50° w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Vokey limited Slate Blue sm7 54F/58D w/ DG tour issue s400 SST pure
    Custom Bettinardi BB0 - RJB022885
    Mackenzie Walker bag
  • hacker49hacker49 Members Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had probably use Golfshot for about a year after trying probably half a dozen other apps. Last year I upgraded to GS+ for the features it offers. One feature I like many don't offer is shot tracking (even though I don't use it often because I usually forget to activate it). If you are looking for something that will track your basic stats then it will do the trick. I just dl Hudl to try the next time out, which in the NW may be a while. So far by playing around on it I don't like the user interface. It also doesn't track all the stats GS+ does unless you pay the yearly membership.
  • pitchinwedgepitchinwedge Members Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I also liked oobgolf but it's not the same anymore after SkyGolf took em out.

I'm already wearing a GPS wrist device so obviously don't want to strap on anything else. Arccos and GameGolf don't appeal to me. I don't want to carry my phone, wear a box on my hip or deal tags. Would love to find a good online stat tracker again.
    917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
    917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
    816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
    716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
    716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
    Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
    Edel Deschutes

Photo WITB
  • ChaztripChaztrip Members Posts: 117 ✭✭
    Get Real Golf Stats. Hands down the best for tracking everything I need. Extremely stable app and love all the data I can get from it.

https://www.getrealgolfstats.com/

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylor Made M1 2016 Driver- set square 9.5 degree. Kuro Kage 60g stiff.[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylor Made M2 2016 3W- stock still shaft.[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping-I irons-3-pw 1dgree flat. Nippon Pro Modus 105 stiff- hard stepped 1.[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey Wedges 50,54,60.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylor Made OS Spider Putter[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MCC +4 Grips[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Pro V1 [/font]
    can you just enter everything on a desktop vs the mobile app? definitely looks the best so far.. except the subscription part - $80 a year for the top tier.
    Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
    Edel Deschutes

Photo WITB

can you just enter everything on a desktop vs the mobile app? definitely looks the best so far.. except the subscription part - $80 a year for the top tier.

I'm not sure you intent for doing that. The app is so quick and easy that doing it during the round is simple. Yes it's a bit pricey but I have wasted money on other dumb programs. :-). I really enjoy the app.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylor Made M1 2016 Driver- set square 9.5 degree. Kuro Kage 60g stiff.[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylor Made M2 2016 3W- stock still shaft.[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping-I irons-3-pw 1dgree flat. Nippon Pro Modus 105 stiff- hard stepped 1.[/font]

I just don't want to handle the phone during a round. Makes me want to check emails, texts, etc. Distracts me too much. Prefer to do all data entry after.
    Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
    Edel Deschutes

Photo WITB
    I just checked with my account and yes you can enter the whole round via your desktop. I am sure that you just write down what you have during the round. anyway I love the app.... I understand about your phone, i just go on DND and play away.

Chaz

cool, thanks for sharing about the desktop. might just be willing pay for it now, hehe.
    Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
    Edel Deschutes

Photo WITB
  • gbelfordgbelford Members Posts: 13
    I use Hole19 on my iPhone and Apple Watch and it works very well. Distances are good, and they keep a lot of your stats (Greens in Regulation; Fairway Hits; etc.). I pay for their premium (although you don't have to for what you described) and that gives me per-club distances and some more advanced stats, which are cool if you're a data geek like me. :-)
  • SAGolfer61SAGolfer61 Members Posts: 12 ✭✭

Check out Golf Stats Coach www.golfstatscoach.com, great option.

• chickwebbchickwebb Members Posts: 50 ✭✭

I haven't used it myself (yet), but this certainly does the basics if you're primarily interested in something that you don't have to use on the course - https://freegolftracker.com/

• Mikee_jMikee_j Members Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

@YoungJedi said:
    Golf metrics

Not simple from the first glance. But all you have to do is enter the distance to the hole, and lie you are in (fairway, rough, recovery, bunker)

After the round it calculates all of your strokes gained for every area for you (which is truly the only stat that means anything...)

Do they have an app to input data? What about putting, is this also based on putt lengths?

• YoungJediYoungJedi Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Mikee_j said:

@YoungJedi said:
    Golf metrics

Do they have an app to input data? What about putting, is this also based on putt lengths?

yes. see attached. You input every stroke based on location of the ball (tee, fairway, rough, green) and the distance to the hole (yards from everything up to green, and feet once on the green).

Ping g410 LST 7° w/ Fujikura Ventus 6s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 LST 13° fairway w/ Fujikura Ventus 7s, tipped 1/2”
    PXG 0311X gen2 DARKNESS 2 iron w/ Tensei pro 70g hybrid S
    PXG 0311x gen1 DARKNESS 4 iron w/ kbs $taper S
    Ping Blueprint 5-pw w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Ping Glide Forged 50° w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Vokey limited Slate Blue sm7 54F/58D w/ DG tour issue s400 SST pure
    Custom Bettinardi BB0 - RJB022885
    Mackenzie Walker bag

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji