lowest launching ball

tmac7592tmac7592 Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
What is the lowest launching ball out there?
Nike Dymo 380 WB 83
Nike Dymo low profile WB 83
Titleist 712U 2 iron
Cobra Pro MB 4-PW DG X7
SM6 50, 54,58
Scotty Cameron Centershaft Proto

Comments

• akaoneakaone Members Posts: 152
    I am also interested in this. Funny that we are both playing G10 Drivers.
  • nyjets1nyjets1 Members Posts: 617
    Bridgestone B330 should lower launch a touch
    PING G400 MAX 10.5* UST VTS Silver Tour SPX
    PING G sft 3W 16* UST VTS Silver Tour SPX
    PING G 7W 19.5* UST VTS Silver Tour SPX
    PING G700 22* Recoil 95
    PING i210 5-PW (pwr spec) Recoil 95
    TITLEIST SM7 50*/F 54*/F 58*/L
    GUERIN Tour Spec GR3ss
    BRIDGESTONE B330 RXS
  • rjurkowskirjurkowski ShowMe Posts: 92
    The new TP Red launches pretty low.
  • CUTigerCUTiger Posts: 257
    Could someone please explain to me how a ball can launch at a lower angle? I'm not being an a**, I really don't understand the physics behind it. For example, if you hit a 56* wedge, shouldn't the ball launch at 56* - or slightly less due to de-lofting.
  • Tyler_fitzgeraldTyler_fitzgerald Members Posts: 18
    Aside from what the ball has for an inside core, the amount of dimples on a golf ball will affect how much spin there will be on the ball, more spin means potentially higher ball flight, and lower spin will promote a lower ball flight. Bridgestone B330 = 330 dimples, Titleist Pro V1 has 392 dimples.
  • nuneenunee Posts: 644
    Nike Ignite has a low launch & penetrating flight. GREAT BLL!!!

The original 2006 Ignite, in the flat box, was the 2005 One Black core and mantle with a Surlyn cover. GREAT distance, reduced spin.

The 2007 Ignite has a slightly different core and cover, but still is long and it is real long. I prefer the '07 over the '06. The cover is a touch softer, and it plays a bit better around the green, but that thing still FLIES of the woods low and HOT!!!

at $25 a dozen, it is a great deal too! A sponseo here had them for less thatn $20 a dozen when I ordered a few weeks ago. Not sure if the price is still good....but if so......
    Nike Covert Tour 2.0 - Velox
    Nike T60 3w & 5w - Aldila NV
    Nike Covert 2.0 or CPR 3 HY
    Nike NDS/Pro Combo Split Set
    Nike VR 52* & 56*
    Nike T130
  • EleventeenEleventeen Members Posts: 490
    Tyler_fitzgerald wrote on Mar 10 2008, 06:10 PM:
    Aside from what the ball has for an inside core, the amount of dimples on a golf ball will affect how much spin there will be on the ball, more spin means potentially higher ball flight, and lower spin will promote a lower ball flight. Bridgestone B330 = 330 dimples, Titleist Pro V1 has 392 dimples.

thanks for that explanation. I was wondering the same as the previous poster.
  • autisticloveautisticlove Members Posts: 536 ✭✭
    HX Tour, HX Tour ix