2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

nxt vs nxt tour

jwalker497

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nxt tour is a three piece ball and the nxt is a two piece. the tour has less spin on the driver, but more spin on the irons and is a little softer. a great ball at a reasonable price

pro-v1 is softer and spins more than the pro-v1x. some recommend the pro-v1x for people with higher swing speeds.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

So then is it safe to say the NXT is Spinenr and the NXT TOur is the longer?

For the Pro v's the V1 is the spinner and the V1X is longer?

no, the tour spins less on the driver than the nxt (which could equate to longer if you have enough clubhead speed) but spins more on iron and wedge shots. they really are two different balls, but are geared towards the same market

again, the v1x spins less (which could equate to longer if you have enough clubhead speed).

typically, the more clubhead speed, the more spin you will generate. so someone who has a 95 mph swing speed will want more spin because it will keep the ball in the air longer where as a person who has a 115 mph swing will want less spin because it will cause the ball to ballon or go too high.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

OK let's try this. I shoot in the 90s and swing speed is in the 90s I want a ball that has control on the greens but not going to be short off the tee.

Which pro V is best for me and which NXT is best for me?

Just the plain old Pro-V1. The Pro V1x has more pieces, only high swing speeds can get the most of all 4.

[sign here]

What abou tthe NXTR, what is the best NXT for me?

The NXT is going to probably be the one for you although you should try out a bunch of different balls out there in the same price range as the NXT and just as good. If I were you I wouldn't go buying Pro V1s because I don't know that it's worth it for the price if you're shooting in the 90s.

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

FWIW I play the NXT Tour on ocassion. My SS is 115 and I think it plays alot like the ProV1X. The regular NXT plays more like a ProV1. Both are great balls but if your SS is less than 110 I would stick with the NXT. They say they are the working mans ProV. Golf Digest ranked them Editors Choice for a reason. :)

I got the Pro V1's difference but with the NXT's - I still don't get it. I'm sorry. What's the difference between the NXT and NXT TOur? If the tour spins less off the driver than the NXT but only at a certain swing speed, how does the average golfer make a determination as to which version they should play. THis is really starting to annoy me and turn me off of the Titlesit line up. At least Callaway clealry shows whic ball spins more and which ball is longer etc. I;m lookig for a soft feel, green side control and straight distance.

I'm sorry I'm weetodid

I got the Pro V1's difference but with the NXT's - I still don't get it. I'm sorry. What's the difference between the NXT and NXT TOur? If the tour spins less off the driver than the NXT but only at a certain swing speed, how does the average golfer make a determination as to which version they should play. THis is really starting to annoy me and turn me off of the Titlesit line up. At least Callaway clealry shows whic ball spins more and which ball is longer etc. I;m lookig for a soft feel, green side control and straight distance.

I'm sorry I'm weetodid

The same test will hold true for the NXT brands. Go with the NXTs at your handicap and swing speed. If you want to spin the ball more around the greens go with the NXT Tour.

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

I play the Bridgestone B330. The other day I pulled brand new NXT Tour out of my bag and decided to try it. I could not believe how much spin I was getting around the greens with my scoring clubs. I am thinking about switching to these since I can get them for $25 per dozen (compared to $40 a dozen for Bridgestones).

-Steve

the nxt is a rock and the tour is more of a well rounded ball. I normally play hx tour in important type stuff

but when im playing in a less important situation i play srixon ad333 and nxt tours as a replacement for

the premium balls at a lesser price

Taylormade M2 - 9.5*
Taylormade M4 - 16.5*
Callaway Steelhead III 21*
Callaway Apex Tour 4-A wedge 
Callaway Mack Daddy 56 & 60
Mcgregor Bobby Grace M5K (lh)

I'm sorry I'm weetodid

given your 90 mph swing speed, the nxt could be a better choice as it would give you more distance with the driver. also, if you have problems with the ball slicing/hooking the nxt would be better. if you feel comfortable with your distance and control and want more touch around the green then the nxt tour is the way to go.

I agree that the companies should be more forthcoming with the facts about their different balls. A few years ago, some companies would actually give the spin rate for driver and short iron to compare from one ball to another at least within that brand. Below is a site that might give you some insight.

http://www.golfballtest.com/

Unfortunately, they did not test the regular NXT but the NXT Tour is on there.

In general I agree with what golfernut just said. IMHO, too many players get hung up on playing a ball with too much spin because that is what Tiger or whoever else on the tour plays. High spin balls spin faster in all directions including sideways.

I am an 8 handicap and most people would probably suggest that I should play a ball with a lot of spin. Sometimes I do, but only if the type of course I am playing dictates that I do. If I am playing a course with rock hard greens and cannot hold them with a low spin ball then I will play a higher spinning ball. Otherwise, I play a basic distance ball with low spin. I just tried the Callaway HX Hot last round, but I often play Top Flite Super Long for about a $1 each. Ideally they would make a ball with very low spin on the driver, a moderate amount of full irons and tons of spin on partial wedges. Though in the 8 years I have been playing they have made great strides, that ball doesn't exist yet. One ball whose specs from this site scream DON"T BUY ME is the Nike MOJO. High spin on the driver and low spin on the irons is performance that is tough to get excited about.

The bottom line is that you need to experiment to find the ball(s) that perform best for your game. However, I would urge you to be more concerned about a ball that allows you to hit it fairly long and in the faiway than one that spins around the greens. As always, your mileage may vary.

• 3 years later...

The NXT is a 2-piece distance ball (low spin all around)

The NXT Tour is a 3 piece (dual core like the Prov1x, no mantle layer) which is a midrange all-around offering, a cheaper alternative to a premium tour ball

The NXT has lower compression, a harder cover, less spin off the driver, and less short game spin. The NXT will be longer (2-5 yards) off the driver. If you want to be able to stop a shot into a green, stay away from the NXT.

Then of course, everyone is different.

I play the NXT Extreme, and seem to get less spin on the driver (which is better for me, because even with a low swingspeed - 85-90 - I still spin the ball a lot with the driver (probably attack angle, whicn I am trying to change). Around the greens, the NXT Extreme stops almost dead, even with longer irons. The only place I think it may hurt me is chips and pitches, doesn't stop as well with those.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel