High School Varsity Line-Up

2»

Comments

• blairdblaird Biloxi, MSMembers  2224WRX Points: 162Posts: 2,224 Platinum Tees
    scottyallanb wrote on Oct 18 2008, 12:05 AM:
    I am a high school coach. I do have the varsity team fight it out but if there is a course that I think is better suited for one golfer over another than I might bump a guy. Numbers are not always accurate. A guy that might not have played well at the beginning of the season could get hot at the end. I know a lot of coaches do a lot of different things. I am never just set on numbers.

Scotty B

Berkley Golf Coach

Good Post!! I agree. Some courses suit some games. We dont play many long courses throughout the year and if one player is hot in practice and qualifying then he will go over another guy. I usually have set scores that are exempt 42 for 9 holes and 84 or below for 18 holes (this also depends on the condition). It is also hard for me to bump a guy that has been consistently low on the team if he gets beat out in a qualifier. We have 2 tournaments a week and I cant let my low guy not play just b/c he hit one bad shot that went out of bounds.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.