Tournaments in the North East in summer

tiger1873tiger1873 Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭
edited Sep 5, 2018 in Juniors/College Golf Talk #1
We are planning on being up north next year for the summer. I have some freedom to choose were we want to go and the dates so I am looking at what are some good torments in New England and mid atlantic states. Ideally near Rhode Island or Cape Code as that is a great area to spend time in the summer but I have some flexibility as other areas may make sense too.

I know I might be able to find some hurricane golf events up there.I also been told Peggy kirk tournaments are an option for girls in the Mid Atlantic region.

Comments

• yellowlover519yellowlover519 Members Posts: 309 ✭✭
    How old? Some of the pga section events would be good. Also, USKids should have a tour nearby. Take advantage of playinf courses with your child. The northeast has the best collection of courses, hands down.
  • tiger1873tiger1873 Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭
    edited Sep 5, 2018 #3

How old? Some of the pga section events would be good. Also, USKids should have a tour nearby. Take advantage of playinf courses with your child. The northeast has the best collection of courses, hands down.

She’s 11 and will be 12 next summer. I looked at the local pga up in the northeast but there usually just 1 day tournaments. Next year our plan is to do 2 day tournaments as much as we can. I haven’t seen if hurricane golf schedule yet but it was my first thought. But I was hoping there was something like starburst, Honda classic or even the Toyota cup type of event in the north east.

• MyShortGameSucksMyShortGameSucks His doesn't.... Members Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    US Challenge Cup should be good if you are planning on Rhode Island area. Lots of 2 day tourneys in summer and fall. Don’t get put off by the website - which is star of the art 1998. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Callaway Epic Sub Zero Custom All-Black 10.5 deg, Diamana Ahina 60x
    TM 790 UDI 2 iron / PX Hzrdus 85
    Titleist 816H1 19 deg, Fuji 88H
    Titleist 816H2 23 deg, Fuji 88H
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-7, Tour 8-PW. Nippon Modus 105x
    Mizuno S18, 50, 54, 58 deg - Nippon Modus 120s
    SC Futura XR / SC Golo 5 / SC Notchback
    Bridgestone B330 - B
  • ingster1ingster1 Members Posts: 190 ✭✭

US Challenge Cup should be good if you are planning on Rhode Island area. Lots of 2 day tourneys in summer and fall. Don’t get put off by the website - which is star of the art 1998. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

This 👍
  • tiger1873tiger1873 Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭

They actually look like they may run some good events. Thanks I will check them out.