Golf In Jakarta

cbbaron ·  
cbbaroncbbaron Quincy MassMembers  1241WRX Points: 227Handicap: 9.1Posts: 1,241 Platinum Tees
Hello going to Indonesia in December just curious what course or courses must plays and which are the ones to avoid and also are there any customs that I should be aware of
Posted:
Driver Ping G400 Max Hzrdas Yellow
3w Titleist 915 Aldila Silver
19 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
22 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
5- Pw Mizuno HMP Nippon Modus 120
50  Vokey 50 Sm7 F grind
54  Vokey 54 SM7 S grind
58    Vokey 58 SM5 S grind
Putter Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.0

Comments

• me05501me05501 Members  414WRX Points: 15Posts: 414 Greens
    When I played at Blue Canyon GC in Phuket, the custom was to hire two caddies per player. One caddie handles your clubs, reads putts, etc. The other caddy carries a large umbrella and a little folding chair. She'll walk alongside you down the fairway and use the umbrella to shade you from the sun, and set up the chair to use while your playing partners are looking for their lost balls.

It's pretty epic.

The best part was that the whole round plus rented clubs and two caddies per player came out to about $200 per player USD (circa 2009). I think the dollar is stronger now than then.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • TerpFangolferTerpFangolfer Members  702WRX Points: 150Handicap: 6.2Posts: 702 Golden Tee

On -, @cbbaron said:

Hello going to Indonesia in December just curious what course or courses must plays and which are the ones to avoid and also are there any customs that I should be aware of

Did you have any luck? I've been to Jakarta a bunch - but mostly short visits. Only played golf 1 time - I believe at Bandar Golf Kemayoran...near Ancol. With rented clubs.
    Now I am going back for an extended 2+ month stay. Definitely taking my sticks. I will be interacting with locals, so hope to maybe find a regular group.
    Just wondering if you played at all? And comments?
    Also hope to find a regular range to hit balls 2-3x per week.

Posted:
    TM R1
    TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
    Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
    Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
    Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
    Ping TR 1966 Anser2
  • cbbaroncbbaron Quincy MassMembers  1241WRX Points: 227Handicap: 9.1Posts: 1,241 Platinum Tees

On -, @TerpFangolfer said:

On -, @cbbaron said:

Did you have any luck? I've been to Jakarta a bunch - but mostly short visits. Only played golf 1 time - I believe at Bandar Golf Kemayoran...near Ancol. With rented clubs.
    Now I am going back for an extended 2+ month stay. Definitely taking my sticks. I will be interacting with locals, so hope to maybe find a regular group.
    Just wondering if you played at all? And comments?
    Also hope to find a regular range to hit balls 2-3x per week.

Pondok Indah
    Royale Jakarta
    Damai Indah

All three good golf courses just don't leave wallet in cart had a 100 swiped on me first round at Pondok Indah but would play again along with other two on next visit

Posted:
    Driver Ping G400 Max Hzrdas Yellow
    3w Titleist 915 Aldila Silver
    19 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    22 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    5- Pw Mizuno HMP Nippon Modus 120
    50  Vokey 50 Sm7 F grind
    54  Vokey 54 SM7 S grind
    58    Vokey 58 SM5 S grind
    Putter Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.0
  • TerpFangolferTerpFangolfer Members  702WRX Points: 150Handicap: 6.2Posts: 702 Golden Tee

I still haven't played in Jakarta, but I did do a 3d/2n trip to Ria Bintan from Singapore last week.
    The Gary Player Ocean course is pretty nice - but they have had just way too much rain (I know it's expected here...but) - I flight my driver fairly high, and was plugging drives all the time. Probably 25% of my tee balls were plugged, or rolled less than 2-3', which kind of sucks. Makes it a real slog...course was in so-so shape. Greens were ok, but obviously slow due to the amount of water.

Holes 7-9 are a definite highlight - visually stunning along the water.

Posted:
    TM R1
    Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
    Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
    Ping TR 1966 Anser2

Just to add a photo..

Posted:
    TM R1
    Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
    Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
    Ping TR 1966 Anser2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.