Golf In Jakarta

cbbaroncbbaron Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭
Hello going to Indonesia in December just curious what course or courses must plays and which are the ones to avoid and also are there any customs that I should be aware of
Driver Ping G400 Max Hzrdas Yellow
3w Titleist 915 Aldila Silver
19 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
22 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
5- GW. Mizuno Hot Metal Pro Series Nippon Modus 120
Sw Vokey 54 SM7 S grind
LW Vokey 58 SM5 S grind
Putter Scotty Cameron Newport Select Fastback 2

Comments

• me05501me05501 Members Posts: 412
    When I played at Blue Canyon GC in Phuket, the custom was to hire two caddies per player. One caddie handles your clubs, reads putts, etc. The other caddy carries a large umbrella and a little folding chair. She'll walk alongside you down the fairway and use the umbrella to shade you from the sun, and set up the chair to use while your playing partners are looking for their lost balls.

It's pretty epic.

The best part was that the whole round plus rented clubs and two caddies per player came out to about $200 per player USD (circa 2009). I think the dollar is stronger now than then.
  • TerpFangolferTerpFangolfer Members Posts: 579 ✭✭

@cbbaron said:
    Hello going to Indonesia in December just curious what course or courses must plays and which are the ones to avoid and also are there any customs that I should be aware of

Did you have any luck? I've been to Jakarta a bunch - but mostly short visits. Only played golf 1 time - I believe at Bandar Golf Kemayoran...near Ancol. With rented clubs.
    Now I am going back for an extended 2+ month stay. Definitely taking my sticks. I will be interacting with locals, so hope to maybe find a regular group.
    Just wondering if you played at all? And comments?
    Also hope to find a regular range to hit balls 2-3x per week.

TM R1
    TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
    Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
    Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
    Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
    Ping TR 1966 Anser2
  • cbbaroncbbaron Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭
    edited Apr 19, 2019 4:45pm #4

@TerpFangolfer said:

@cbbaron said:

Did you have any luck? I've been to Jakarta a bunch - but mostly short visits. Only played golf 1 time - I believe at Bandar Golf Kemayoran...near Ancol. With rented clubs.
    Now I am going back for an extended 2+ month stay. Definitely taking my sticks. I will be interacting with locals, so hope to maybe find a regular group.
    Just wondering if you played at all? And comments?
    Also hope to find a regular range to hit balls 2-3x per week.

Pondok Indah
    Royale Jakarta
    Damai Indah

All three good golf courses just don't leave wallet in cart had a 100 swiped on me first round at Pondok Indah but would play again along with other two on next visit

Driver Ping G400 Max Hzrdas Yellow
    3w Titleist 915 Aldila Silver
    19 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    22 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    5- GW. Mizuno Hot Metal Pro Series Nippon Modus 120
    Sw Vokey 54 SM7 S grind
    LW Vokey 58 SM5 S grind
    Putter Scotty Cameron Newport Select Fastback 2