Bushnell Hybrid vs. Pro X2 vs. Tour V4

Looking to buy one of these as a Christmas gift to myself but have no comparison of one another other than the price. Can anybody give some testimony??

Comments

• cristphotocristphoto Members Posts: 3,315 ✭✭
    I’ve had the V4 for the past two seasons. Not familiar with the others. The V4 does everything I could ask - fast to lock on, accurate, waterproof, and easily fits in my pocket (so less likely to lose). Great battery life too.
  • HalohaHaloha Golf Addict Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
    FYI, Bushnell has a great deal going on right now! BTW, I had the Tour until it broke and now I've been using the Hybrid since it came out. It works pretty good for me since I always want to know the distance to the front edge. You do have to be careful if you are between 2 holes or on a wrong fairway because you may get the wrong yardage to the green.
    Bag of tricks
    Driver: Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5 w/Graphite Design AD-DI 6X
    Wood: Taylormade M1 3HL w/Graphite Design AD-DI 7X
    Hybrid: Taylormade M1 4HY-21 w/Graphite Design AD-Di 95S
    Irons: Callaway '18 X-Forged 4-PW DG TI S400 -2 flat/ +2 strong
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6-52/ SM7-56/SM6-60 Copper Lmt.Ed.
    Putter: Scotty Cameron H18 or Select M-1
    Ball: Titleist Pro-V1X or Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • htyler347htyler347 Members Posts: 19
    cristphoto wrote:
    I’ve had the V4 for the past two seasons. Not familiar with the others. The V4 does everything I could ask - fast to lock on, accurate, waterproof, and easily fits in my pocket (so less likely to lose). Great battery life too.

Does it have “plays like” distance that factors in Slope?
    htyler347 wrote:

cristphoto wrote:

Does it have “plays like” distance that factors in Slope?

No. That model is about $100 more. FYI I watched the Woods/Michelson match today and both players had Bushnells without slope (they were both mic’ed up and you could hear them ask what that caddy thought the adjustment would be). Interesting to see two pros using lasers but were allowed to as this wasn’t an official Tour event.
  • tjtostetjtoste Members Posts: 3
    cristphoto wrote:

htyler347 wrote:

cristphoto wrote:
    I've had the V4 for the past two seasons. Not familiar with the others. The V4 does everything I could ask - fast to lock on, accurate, waterproof, and easily fits in my pocket (so less likely to lose). Great battery life too.

Does it have "plays like" distance that factors in Slope?

No. That model is about $100 more. FYI I watched the Woods/Michelson match today and both players had Bushnells without slope (they were both mic'ed up and you could hear them ask what that caddy thought the adjustment would be). Interesting to see two pros using lasers but were allowed to as this wasn't an official Tour event.

I'm curious what model they were using? The tour v4 (non-slope)?
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM M2 2016 Driver 9.5* | Fujikura Pro 73[/font]
    TM[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]M1 2017 3W 15* | Fujikura Pro 73[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vapor Fly Pro (3) [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]| [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TT Dynamic Gold S300[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 714 AP2 [/font]4-PW[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] | TT Dynamic Gold S300[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist SM6 [/font]52-08F, 56-10S,60-08M[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] | TT Dynamic Gold S300[/font]
    Titleist [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scotty Cameron 2009 SS NP2 Putter | 34"[/font]
    Titleist [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ProV1 [/font]ball
  • chocolate_rehabchocolate_rehab plays like a girl Members Posts: 993 ✭✭
    edited Dec 8, 2018 #7
    htyler347 wrote:

Looking to buy one of these as a Christmas gift to myself but have no comparison of one another other than the price. Can anybody give some testimony??

I've had the X2 and the V4 Slope.

The X2 is really premium, it's high quality made of metal coated with rubber. The V4 is similar to my old V3, it still feels nice in hand but it's plastic and not metal.

Performance wise, they are both fantastic, lock onto flags fast, etc. X2 you can switch between red or black readouts.

edit: stuck with the Pro X2.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Ping G400 Max 10.5* I VA Composites Drago 55
    Callaway Epic Flash 17* 3w I Accra FX 2.0
    Ping G410 20* hybrid I Accra FX 2.0
    Ping G410 23* hybrid I Accra FX 2.0
    Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW I Steelfiber i80s
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54SS & 58ES I Steelfiber i95r
    Edel Columbia Custom

Stop comparing your swing, speed, and distances to LPGA players. It's embarrassing for everyone.
    Judging by the color Woods had an X2 (gray) and Michelson had a V4 (white).