2019 Callaway Supersoft compared to prior generation

johnnythundersjohnnythunders ClubWRX Posts: 1,695 ✭✭

Any reason to switch?

2019bag<br />Callaway Fusion 10.5 Fuji evo 3 661 stiff <br />Ping g400 5/7 fw<br />hybrids Rogue x 5,6<br>Cobra f-max Smackwrap one length 6-gw,Speedback one length sand wedg<br />Taylormade Copper Mullen 2 <br />backup driver Mizuno St 190 10.5 with Fuji V 661 stiff-regular. Ball: Supersoft, Kirkland 3-piece and Cut Grey and White

Comments

• Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,175 ✭✭

Not sure, the two piece soft ball is not for me. but, I didn't notice the SS came out in new colors. I am sure there's reviews on youtube.

• johnnythundersjohnnythunders ClubWRX Posts: 1,695 ✭✭

No YouTube reviews yet.

2019bag<br />Callaway Fusion 10.5 Fuji evo 3 661 stiff <br />Ping g400 5/7 fw<br />hybrids Rogue x 5,6<br>Cobra f-max Smackwrap one length 6-gw,Speedback one length sand wedg<br />Taylormade Copper Mullen 2 <br />backup driver Mizuno St 190 10.5 with Fuji V 661 stiff-regular. Ball: Supersoft, Kirkland 3-piece and Cut Grey and White
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 3,929 ✭✭

New version comes in matte. Other than that I’ve tried every iteration of the Supersoft and they all play the same. 30ish compression, High launch, straight and not much greenside spin. Approaches usually stop pretty quickly cause of the steep decent angle.

Driver: Ping Rhapsody 16*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H

• vadersfathervadersfather Members Posts: 10 ✭✭

Ya, this is truly a great ball. I think what throws people off, is it gos the exact direction the club face is pointed at impact, because it compresses so much on the face. So with this ball, instead of aiming at setup, were you want the ball to end up, aim were you want the ball to go. I hope that makes sense. Cheers!