Please help ID this Ping

Murphy76Murphy76 Central IL, USAMembers Posts: 50 ✭✭

Awhile ago I picked up this for cheap. What the heck is this?
Is this a Ping promotional model?
From a corporate event?
Some muffin-headed corporate-execuitives' idea of job loyalty?
An ultra-wierd asian knock-off? - I kinda doubt this particular one based on the way the metal responds to steel-wool and moisture. (I own about 40 Ping putters)

Comments

• ratdg1ratdg1 Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 325 ✭✭
    edited May 23, 2019 9:49pm #2

I've seen those at used club shops around town. I think UPS must have decided to give out Ping putters as corporate prizes one year, or else paid Ping for some really blatant product placement.

Ping G410 9*
    Tour Edge EXS 3w 15*
    Adams Idea Pro Gold Tour Proto 19*
    Ping i210 4-U
    Ping Glide Stealth 54, 60
    Vintage Ping Dalehead
    Srixon Q-Star Tour
    Ping Hoofer

• Murphy76Murphy76 Central IL, USAMembers Posts: 50 ✭✭

@ratdg1 said:
    I've seen those at used club shops around town. I think UPS must have decided to give out Ping putters as corporate prizes one year, or else paid Ping for some really blatant product placement.

Thanks! I wonder how many were produced? Is this something Ping does for other companies?

• NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members Posts: 18,501 ✭✭

I've seen similar putters before. Not sure if Ping made them or if UPS hired a 3rd party engraver.

Ping G400 driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Black 70S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S (i200 backups)
    Ping Glide 50/55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"
  • mogc60mogc60 Members Posts: 453 ✭✭

For some reason I remember Ping doing custom engraving like this at some point..🤔
    Could be wrong but I was a club pro for close to 20 years and I vaguely remember info on these type of corporate or private offerings.
    That PAL is in nice shape though. That was a great putter. Nice find! Would love to see your whole collection

BTW, I have never paid more than $30.00 for any of these clubs.

Crud. forgot I left 3 in the other room. Sorry.

edited May 28, 2019 3:02pm #11

That is awesome!!! Wow, that’s a cool collection. I feel like I went down memory lane looking at those. I used a whole bunch of those models in the late 80’s through the 90’s. Almost every putter I used through that 10-14 years was a ping. Very cool. Thanks for sharing. B61 B62 were some of my favorites. I still swear nothing rolls it much better than those O and A blades

@mogc60 said:
    That is awesome!!! Wow, that’s a cool collection. I feel like I went down memory lane looking at those. I used a whole bunch of those models in the late 80’s through the 90’s. Almost every putter I used through that 10-14 years was a ping. Very cool. Thanks for sharing. B61 B62 were some of my favorites. I still swear nothing rolls it much better than those O and A blades

Thanks! I have played at least one round with all of them. It's amazing how your collection can grow after some late-nite cocktails....lol

@mogc60 said:

Thanks! I have played at least one round with all of them. It's amazing how your collection can grow after some late-nite cocktails....lol

• Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,484 ✭✭

Murphy76 your collection is amazing! I love classic Ping putters. Thanks for posting.

@Murphy76 said:

@mogc60 said:

It would be darn funny to see the percentage of internet sales that occur after 10 pm...haha

Thanks! > @mogc60 said:

@Murphy76 said:

@mogc60 said:

It would be darn funny to see the percentage of internet sales that occur after 10 pm...haha

My biggest shame is a set of samurai swords that for some ungodly reason sounded like a good idea at 2am.

They weren’t a good idea at 2 am they were a great idea

@mogc60 said:
    They weren’t a good idea at 2 am they were a great idea

Lol! Tell that to my ex-wife.