Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Stand bag help

Shanks2424Shanks2424 Members Posts: 312 ✭✭✭✭

Soni am wanting to upgrade my golf bag. I am looking at a few Titleist bags and a few Mizuno bags. Do any of you guys have a suggestion of where to get the best deal on a stand bad and also what do you guys like for stand bags.

Brad's Bag 2019
Driver- Titleist 910 D3 8.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana LTD D+ White 70 Stiff
3 Wood- Titleist 909 F3 15* Matrix HD9 Stiff
Hybrid- Mizuno Tzoid FliHI 18* Dynamic Gold S300
3-PW- Mizuno Tzoid Pro 3-PW TT Dynamic Gold S300
Wedges-Cleveland 588 Forged Raw 54/58 TT Dynamic Gold S300
Putter- Odyssey Tank 1 34 Inches Super Stroke Flatso 1.0
Ball- Titleist Pro V1
Bag Ogio Woode Stand Bag
 Grips Golf Pride Tour Velvet 58 Ribbed 2 Wraps of Tape

Comments

• Jimmy2ballsJimmy2balls Members Posts: 21 ✭✭

Anything sun mountain you like. Quality.

• MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve been carrying the same ping Hoover bag for 20 years now.

Here’s what I like about it: plenty of pockets for various stuff. I like the shoulder harnesses and they fit me well. I like the 4 hole openings. Enough to sort my clubs but I like not having to find the right exact spot to put away.

Obviously the durability has been great.

Just find a bag you are comfortable carrying and has a setup you like. Most of the major brands make a decent product. I like Ogio and ping the best.

Current Bag (Rebuilding as of 5/6/19)
    Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS with Matrix Black Tie (to be replaced)
    3W: Adams Fast 12 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    Hybrid: Bridgestone j40 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    4-9: Taylor Made Oversize (to be replaced)
    PW: Mizuon HMP with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    50 degree Vokey with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    56 and 60 degree Cleveland Wedges (to be replaced)
    Odyssey Tank #7 (only club I'm keeping this season)

• kdog25kdog25 Members Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do you walk a lot? And I’m asking cause I know plenty of guys who have stand bags and won’t walk from the parking lot to a cart barn.

If so go for something on the light end. Over the course of the day it can make a difference. And light doesn’t mean flimsy. Lots of well made light bags.

And as someone said you can’t go wrong with Sun Mountain.

If you don’t have to have the latest model check golfetail, budget golf, rock bottom and other on line discount retailers. Sometimes some good deals to be had. I got a bag from one of them real cheap a few years ago that I have yet to use because my Sun Mountain just keeps on tickin’.

• Shanks2424Shanks2424 Members Posts: 312 ✭✭✭✭

I want to get back to walking the course and I want a lighter weight bag.

Brad's Bag 2019
    Ball- Titleist Pro V1
    Bag Ogio Woode Stand Bag
  • golfboy123golfboy123 Members Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 9, 2019 1:35am #6

I play a lot better when I walk, better than jumping out of cart and hitting the ball, more relaxing and more time to think. Unless your waking up a fairway that only a billy goat 🐐 should be climbing! I have had ping hoofers and sun mountain and prefer the sun mountain, both excellent bags can’t go wrong with either.

• Shanks2424Shanks2424 Members Posts: 312 ✭✭✭✭

I am torn between a Mizuno bag and a sun mountain bag

Brad's Bag 2019
    Ball- Titleist Pro V1
    Bag Ogio Woode Stand Bag
  • blink3665blink3665 #TwistFaceExperience Members Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sun Mountain makes excellent lightweight carry bags. If you want the newest model reach out to Discount Dans. Last time I chatted with them they had great pricing.

Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65 / / Taylormade M4 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
    Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
    Taylormade M4 22* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (39.75")
    Srixon 565 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Modus3 120s - Best Grips Classic
    Cleveland CBX 48* +1* loft - -0.75" - 2* flat
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
    Slighter Proto 1 - #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
    Odyssey OWorks 2ball - 32"
    GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag (White) / Nike HyperAdapt

WITB Link
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve had a lot of bags, and for me a Hoofer is as good as it gets. Plenty of storage, comfortable straps, and useful features.

I walk with a ClicGear 90% of the time, and ride the other 10%. I used to carry exclusively until this season, but my back has nixed that. The Hoofer was great when I used to carry (and still is on the ClicGear) - the legs never get loose, bounce, and catch you in the heel/ achilles area, thanks to the Hoofer leg strap that pulls the legs tight against the bag when you use the shoulder straps; and the shoulder straps make it easy and comfortable to switch between one and two shoulders. My current Hoofer is like 3 years old - only thing wrong with it after heavy use over that 3 years is that the dividers have come unfastened at the bottom. I love the storage, and the actually functional features - the sunglasses pocket and range finder pocket, the bottle slot that actually fits my 32 oz. Yeti, the rain hood that is integrated into the hip pad and attached to the bag.

I’d give Sun Mountain a close second to the Ping bag, but I found the features to be more flash than substance. Sun Mountains are nice looking bags, and work just fine on the back of a cart... possibly better than a Hoofer with cart strap tunnels and strangely placed pockets. But if you’re looking for a bag that carries your clubs comfortably and the features of the bag help to make that carry more comfortable, the Hoofer wins hands down against the Sun Mountain.

Just my opinion, YMMV.

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8° | HC Evenflow Black 65
    3wd: TaylorMade Aeroburner TP 15° | Diamana D+ LTD 70
    5wd: TaylorMade Aeroburner TP 18° (T.I. small head 19°)| Matrix 8Q3 Red Tie
    Irons: Wilson Staff C300 Forged 4 iron | Recoil 95 / FG Tour V6 raw 5-PW | PX Catalyst 100
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (handground S), 54° M, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89
    MannKrafted MA66
    Cameron AOP Oil Can Newport
    Tad Moore 1S Prototype

• jkmacgurujkmacguru Golf the Northwest Lefty Boomers Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭

I second Sun Mountain. Their customer support is AMAZING. Jones makes really durable and classic bags as well. If you can wait a little while (Black Friday) They usually have a 1/2 off sale if my memory serves.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file