GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Stand bag help

Shanks2424 ·  
Shanks2424Shanks2424 Members  362WRX Points: 94Handicap: 12Posts: 362 Greens

Soni am wanting to upgrade my golf bag. I am looking at a few Titleist bags and a few Mizuno bags. Do any of you guys have a suggestion of where to get the best deal on a stand bad and also what do you guys like for stand bags.

Posted:
Brad's Bag 2019 (DAD)
Driver- Titleist 915 D3 8.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana LTD D+ White 70 Stiff
3 Wood- Titleist 909 F3 15* Matrix HD9 Stiff
Hybrid- Adams A12 Pro Hybrid 18* KBS TOUR Hybrid Steel S
3-PW- Titleist DCI 990 3-PW TT Dynamic Gold S300
Wedges-Cleveland 588 Forged Raw 54/58 TT Dynamic Gold S300
Putter- Odyssey Tank 1 34 Inches Golf Pride Tour Wrap Putter
Ball- Titleist Pro V1
Bag- Ogio Stand Bag
Grips- Winn Dri-Tac X 2 Wraps of Tape

Gavins's Bag 2019 (SON)
Driver- Cobra F8 13.5 Cobra Junior Shaft
4 Wood- Cobra Fly-Z + 16* 
Hybrid- ????
4-PW- Mizuno MX 20 Apollo Junior Steel shafts
Gap Wedge- Mizuno JPX 52 Apollo Junior Steel shafts
Gap Wedge- Cobra Pur 56 Apollo Junior Steel shafts
Putter- Odyssey Rossie Metal X Winn Excel putter grip
Ball- Titleist TruFeel
Bag- US KIds Golf Stand Bag
Grips- Golf Pride Tour Velvet Junior

Comments

• Jimmy2ballsJimmy2balls Members  27WRX Points: 26Posts: 27 Bunkers

Anything sun mountain you like. Quality.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members  3278WRX Points: 870Handicap: 6Posts: 3,278 Titanium Tees

I’ve been carrying the same ping Hoover bag for 20 years now.

Here’s what I like about it: plenty of pockets for various stuff. I like the shoulder harnesses and they fit me well. I like the 4 hole openings. Enough to sort my clubs but I like not having to find the right exact spot to put away.

Obviously the durability has been great.

Just find a bag you are comfortable carrying and has a setup you like. Most of the major brands make a decent product. I like Ogio and ping the best.

Posted:

As of 6/5/20
    9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110 X
    13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha X
    18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce X
    6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0
    5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400
    4 iron / utility Sub 70 699 with Proforce 85 gram X
    50, 54, 60 Vokeys
    Tank Counter Balance #7
    Driver and Putter are set for now. Wedges are safe for time being.

• kdog25kdog25 Members  1776WRX Points: 341Posts: 1,776 Platinum Tees

Do you walk a lot? And I’m asking cause I know plenty of guys who have stand bags and won’t walk from the parking lot to a cart barn.

If so go for something on the light end. Over the course of the day it can make a difference. And light doesn’t mean flimsy. Lots of well made light bags.

And as someone said you can’t go wrong with Sun Mountain.

If you don’t have to have the latest model check golfetail, budget golf, rock bottom and other on line discount retailers. Sometimes some good deals to be had. I got a bag from one of them real cheap a few years ago that I have yet to use because my Sun Mountain just keeps on tickin’.

Posted:
  • Shanks2424Shanks2424 Members  362WRX Points: 94Handicap: 12Posts: 362 Greens

I want to get back to walking the course and I want a lighter weight bag.

Posted:
    Brad's Bag 2019 (DAD)
    Ball- Titleist Pro V1
    Bag- Ogio Stand Bag

Gavins's Bag 2019 (SON)
    Hybrid- ????
    Ball- Titleist TruFeel
  • golfboy123golfboy123 South CarolinaMembers  666WRX Points: 99Posts: 666 Golden Tee

I play a lot better when I walk, better than jumping out of cart and hitting the ball, more relaxing and more time to think. Unless your waking up a fairway that only a billy goat 🐐 should be climbing! I have had ping hoofers and sun mountain and prefer the sun mountain, both excellent bags can’t go wrong with either.

Posted:
  • Shanks2424Shanks2424 Members  362WRX Points: 94Handicap: 12Posts: 362 Greens

I am torn between a Mizuno bag and a sun mountain bag

Posted:
    Brad's Bag 2019 (DAD)
    Ball- Titleist Pro V1
    Bag- Ogio Stand Bag

Gavins's Bag 2019 (SON)
    Hybrid- ????
    Ball- Titleist TruFeel
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • blink3665blink3665 #TwistFaceExperience Members  6440WRX Points: 542Posts: 6,440 Titanium Tees

Sun Mountain makes excellent lightweight carry bags. If you want the newest model reach out to Discount Dans. Last time I chatted with them they had great pricing.

Posted:
    Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65 // Taylormade M4 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
    Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
    Adams dHy 24* Alida RIP Phenom 70g R 
    Srixon 565 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Nippon Modus 120 S - Best Grips Classic -0.5"
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 48* bent -1*mid, 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
    Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
    Odyssey OWorks 2ball  33.5" - 1* loft - 71* lie
    Jones Utility Trouper Navy Twill
    GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag White
    WITB Link
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio Members  6383WRX Points: 1,179Handicap: 8Posts: 6,383 Titanium Tees

I’ve had a lot of bags, and for me a Hoofer is as good as it gets. Plenty of storage, comfortable straps, and useful features.

I walk with a ClicGear 90% of the time, and ride the other 10%. I used to carry exclusively until this season, but my back has nixed that. The Hoofer was great when I used to carry (and still is on the ClicGear) - the legs never get loose, bounce, and catch you in the heel/ achilles area, thanks to the Hoofer leg strap that pulls the legs tight against the bag when you use the shoulder straps; and the shoulder straps make it easy and comfortable to switch between one and two shoulders. My current Hoofer is like 3 years old - only thing wrong with it after heavy use over that 3 years is that the dividers have come unfastened at the bottom. I love the storage, and the actually functional features - the sunglasses pocket and range finder pocket, the bottle slot that actually fits my 32 oz. Yeti, the rain hood that is integrated into the hip pad and attached to the bag.

I’d give Sun Mountain a close second to the Ping bag, but I found the features to be more flash than substance. Sun Mountains are nice looking bags, and work just fine on the back of a cart... possibly better than a Hoofer with cart strap tunnels and strangely placed pockets. But if you’re looking for a bag that carries your clubs comfortably and the features of the bag help to make that carry more comfortable, the Hoofer wins hands down against the Sun Mountain.

Just my opinion, YMMV.

Posted:

Driver: TaylorMade SIM Max 9° | Ventus Black 7 Velocore
    3wd: Titleist TS2 15° (C1) | Diamana D+ LTD 70
    Hybrid: Callaway Apex 18° | AD-DI 95
    Irons: Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron | AD-DI 95/ JPX 919 Forged 5-PW | Recoil 95
    Wedges: Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) | DG Black Onyx
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89

WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

• jkmacgurujkmacguru Golf the Northwest Lefty Boomers  395WRX Points: 114Posts: 395 Greens

I second Sun Mountain. Their customer support is AMAZING. Jones makes really durable and classic bags as well. If you can wait a little while (Black Friday) They usually have a 1/2 off sale if my memory serves.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.