2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Atlantic City - October golf recommendations

ajchang ·  
ajchangajchang  30WRX Points: 15Handicap: 13Members Posts: 30

Going to Atlantic City in mid-October 2019. Can anyone give feedback on course conditions among the following courses: Ballamor, Twisted Dune, Seaview Bay?

Posted:
Tagged:

Comments

• Ebrown88Ebrown88  157WRX Points: 53Members Posts: 157

I personally enjoyed Seaview Bay course a lot! Not overly long but tricky and fun track.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Kay_JayKay_Jay NYC/NJ 640WRX Points: 61Handicap: 11Members Posts: 640

I would just call each one and figure out when they punched the greens. From my experience, it takes a solid 2 weeks for the greens to be playable. I moved away from the area and I'm amazed with how fast Bethpage greens recover. They show no signs of aeration even though I know they just punched them a week prior. Ballamor, Seaview and Shore Gate have always been in good shape but from what I remember, the conditions of Twisted Dunes deteriorated but I last played it 3 years ago, maybe they bounced back.

Posted:
    Callaway 2015 Great Big Bertha (10.5*) | Srixon Z-Star (15.5*) | Cleveland Launcher DST (20*) | Mizuno JPX-900 Forged (4-GW) | Titleist Vokey SM5 (54S, 58K) | SC Studio Select Newport 2
  • tw422tw422 Manhattan Beach, Ca. 310WRX Points: 66Members Posts: 310

Play AC Country Club and Seaview Bay. Both are old style courses and always have good conditions. You wont be disappointed.

Posted:
  • dankil13dankil13  69WRX Points: 73Members Posts: 69

On -, @Kay_Jay said:

I would just call each one and figure out when they punched the greens. From my experience, it takes a solid 2 weeks for the greens to be playable. I moved away from the area and I'm amazed with how fast Bethpage greens recover. They show no signs of aeration even though I know they just punched them a week prior. Ballamor, Seaview and Shore Gate have always been in good shape but from what I remember, the conditions of Twisted Dunes deteriorated but I last played it 3 years ago, maybe they bounced back.

I have a buddy that played Twisted Dunes over the summer and he loved it. Its one of my favorites down there, but I haven't played it in 5 or so years (we were rained out last year). Of course, I don't think you could go wrong with any of the courses mentioned in the OP (although Hidden Creek and Galloway are easily the two best courses down there if you have the cash to splurge).

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.