We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.
***11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, passwords were reset for some users. Please use the forget password recovery link: https://forums.golfwrx.com/entry/passwordrequest

Please email [email protected] if further help is required. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Which wedge(s) am I looking for?

rascre  ·  
rascre rascre  335Members Posts: 335

I’m currently playing SM5 wedges in 50.12F, 54.10S, and 60.11K. The wedges have been great, but after 5+ years I’m ready to finally replace them and fix some gapping issues with my new irons (919 Forged). With my new wedges I’m going to add a more versatile lob wedge to give me more options (going with something similar to a M grind), but want my sand wedge to be similar to my current K grind. I’m looking for suggestions for sand wedges (ideally 56 degrees) with bounce and sole grind similar to my existing K grind. I am open to any brand, so all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

As a quick footnote; I am aware of the option to pick up a Wedgeworks K grind, but I’m not looking to spend $200/wedge, and I really would prefer all my wedges to be the exact same.

Posted:
Titleist 915D3 8.5* Diamana S+ 60X
Titleist 915F 13.5* Diamana S+ 70X
Ping G 20.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 9.2X
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW C-Taper 130X
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F, 54S, & 60K DG S400
A different putter every round...

Comments

• TasalsTasals  363Members Posts: 363

Pretty sure the modern K is just a higher bounce F grind. So just grab the standard 56F which comes in with 14 degrees of bounce. Or just grab another 56.10 S and that basically will play the same. If you want to go with as much bouce as possible, grab the 54F and bend it two degrees weak, that will give you 16 degrees of bounce and 56 degrees of loft. Possibly a W or S grind in a callaway wedge would be close to the K. But its been ages since I have seen a K grind. Callaway and Vokey have a lot of room to pick a grind with and Ive not been disapointed with either brand this summer.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MelloYelloMelloYello Upstate, SC 3637Members Posts: 3,637

@Tasals said:
    Pretty sure the modern K is just a higher bounce F grind. So just grab the standard 56F which comes in with 14 degrees of bounce. Or just grab another 56.10 S and that basically will play the same. If you want to go with as much bouce as possible, grab the 54F and bend it two degrees weak, that will give you 16 degrees of bounce and 56 degrees of loft. Possibly a W or S grind in a callaway wedge would be close to the K. But its been ages since I have seen a K grind. Callaway and Vokey have a lot of room to pick a grind with and I've not been disappointed with either brand this summer.

I was just going to say the same thing.

Personally, the K looks crazy to me up close but if that's your thing, have at it. But it looks like your current SW has a relatively low bounce on it. So yeah, just go with the above advice--a normal (high-bounce) SW.

Posted:
    Driver: M3 w. Tensei CK Pro Orange (60-TX)
    Fairways: M6 (3w / 5w / 7w)
    Irons: 716 CB 3-P
    Wedges: SM6 53-F / 60-S
    Putter: Newport 2 Select
  • Go Horns!Go Horns!  177Members Posts: 177

Take a look at the Vokey D-grind for your lob wedge; Vokey describes it as an M-grind with more bounce.

Might also want to see if you can find some Glide 2.0 Stealths.

Why keep them all the same? OCD?

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.