Need help on a Hilton Head course

swizz ·  
swizzswizz Members  72WRX Points: 29Posts: 72 Bunkers

Got a guys trip coming up in the end of April. A group of us is going the day before to get some more golf in. We're flying into the island but will have a rental car so willing to drive an hour max or so. We probably can get on some privates through our pro so please don't exclude those courses from the must plays.

Here are the courses we are playing currently.

May River

Arthur Hills Palmetto

RTJ Palmetto

Kiawah

Atlantic Dunes

Harbour Town

Heron Point

Out of those what is missing? Appreciate any help.

Posted:

Comments

• shizblamshizblam Members  89WRX Points: 33Posts: 89 Fairways

Long Cove and Chechessee Creek Club if you can get on them

Berkely Hall has probably the nicest practice facility I have ever used (10 yrs ago)

Posted:
    Post edited by shizblam on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • HackerDaveHackerDave Members  1439WRX Points: 139Handicap: 13.5Posts: 1,439 Platinum Tees

The obvious choice is Long Cove. It's on the island so no long drive. Just off the island, Colleton River, Belfair and Berkeley Hall would all be good choices. Each has 36 holes.

Posted:
  • swizzswizz Members  72WRX Points: 29Posts: 72 Bunkers

Appreciate the responses. Berkeley Hall looks so pure. I'm going to try to get on there and will follow up with my review.

Posted:
  • WarEagleGolfWarEagleGolf Members  411WRX Points: 93Posts: 411 Greens

Boat trip to Daufuskie?

The colleton river plantation courses get high marks as well.

Posted:
    PING G400 LST Fujikura XLR8 51 9.0*
    PING G400 Fujikura XLR8 61 16.5*
    PING i500 3-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 110g
    Edel 52*/46* TRP C-Taper Lite 110g
    Edel 58* DVR C-Taper Lite 110g
    PING Vault Anser2
  • jjthomp2jjthomp2 Members  289WRX Points: 144Handicap: 3Posts: 289 Greens

sounds like i'm in the minority on this but wasn't all that impressed with Long Cove. I'd do May River over that any day of the week

Posted:
    Taylormade M3 440 9.0
    Taylormade M5 15.0
    Titleist 816 H2 21.0
    Mizuno MP-64 4-P
    Mizuno T20 50,55,60
    Scotty Cameron Squareback
  • ZizzerZizzer Members  22WRX Points: 28Posts: 22 Bunkers

Depends on your budget. Bear Creek, on the Island, has the best 18 greens and is not that expensive. You can play 36 but second round will be slow. Old South is the most scenic course (just off the Island) Harbour Town will disappoint. Long Cove is a great course. The best course off island is Old Tabby.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • swizzswizz Members  72WRX Points: 29Posts: 72 Bunkers

Thanks. We’re actually playing Chechessee in the morning than old tabby in the afternoon. Should be solid day.

i don’t expect Harbour town to disappoint though.

Posted:
  • edresnickedresnick FranktheHeadcover Members  170WRX Points: 40Handicap: 9Posts: 170 Fairways

I would skip Arthur Hills at PD and pick up one of the private courses in Bluffton (Berkeley Hall, Belfair or Colleton River). I little further outside the island is Secession, which is awesome ,

Posted:
  • CincyJCKCincyJCK Members  83WRX Points: 20Posts: 83 Fairways

I just played Old South, Dolphin Head and CC of HH the last 3 days. Conditioning was a bit tough on Old South, but nice views. Dolphin Head was solid. CC of HH was my favorite of the three, best conditioning and solid views/layout.

Posted:
    915 D3
    TM 300 Tour 15*
    Nike VR Pro 18*
    Titleist 690.MB 3-9 or Ping G25 4-PW
    Vokey SM4 48, Cobra Tour Trusty 54, Vokey SM5 58
    Ping Zing2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.