Help with refinishing!

rb83993 ·  
rb83993rb83993 Members  1359WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,359
BB16, what to do?
I have Bettinardi BB16 that I need to get refinished. I believe that it is made of carbon steel. I am trying to figure out which finish for this putter. Can you guys explain to me the maintenace that is required for this metal. I like some of satin, black and oil can finishes. I have tried Lamont, but having a hard time getting to him, sounds like he is swamped. Looking into Slighter and putterplatting.

I would love some feedback on the finish you would suggest and who to do it. Pictures are always great to look at.

Thanks!
Posted:
Cobra Fly Z, Fubuki
Cobra Fly Z 3 wood
18 Cobra DWS
PING Rapture Hy 21
PING G series 5-pw
PING Glide 56
Odyssey Milled #9

Comments

• MchSt805MchSt805 Members  2101WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,101
    Do you have the retail or tour one? The reason I ask is do you know if it is plated or raw? The BB16 will be carbon steel, and came in either silver or black thunder (which are nickel plated I believe), unless you have a tour raw carbon one. If it's plated, it requires zero to little maintenance, just some standard good care and it will last. If you have the finish stripped and refinished in oil can or black oxide, it will be susceptible to rust. You'll need to take extra care to oil it and make sure it's completely dry before storing any time. Some people will do new types of plated finishes for you as well, which would again be very little required maintenance. LaMont's black (or any color) polymer finish is in the same no care category. It really just depends what you're wanting it to look like, but carbon steel is open for just about anything.
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: Ping G30
    3-Wood: Exotics E8
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro
    Irons: TaylorMade R7
    Wedges: Scratch 1018
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X5[/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.