What happened to the Softie cord grip?

hogan64 ·  
hogan64hogan64 Members  556WRX Points: 0Posts: 556
I was just on the Golfpride website to look for specs on the Softie cord but it appears to be extinct. Can anyone confirm this? I know they aren't the most popular but they work great for me, I like the feel under my right hand. If anyone has any old stock I would be interested in purchasing them.
Posted:

Comments

• NPVWhizNPVWhiz Members  1976WRX Points: 8Handicap: 5Posts: 1,976 Platinum Tees
    Yes, they discontinued that grip some time back. I used and loved the standard taper verions of the Player's Sofftie Cord, but that one is extinct now as well. I think for me it was the best grip ever made.

I have no first hand knowledge of this, but I think the compound that they used for the grip worked well for the non-cord version, but I had a few problems with the grip where they would separate along the seem. More likely is that people just didn't buy them.

I have seen a few bundles of the regular Sofftie Cord on Ebay, but they're infrequent.
    Posted:
    Taylormade r11s 9 Penley Stealth 70x 44.5" D-3
    > Taylormade 16 M1 8.5 GD AD TP6x 44.0" D3 PX Hzrdus Black 75 6.0 44.5" D-3
    Nickent 3DX Pro 14 MRC Diamana WB 83s
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 18 Grafalloy CNote ProtoX
    Mizuno MP62 DG x-100 Sensicore D-4 3-pw
    > Ping i200 DG120 S3 D-3 +1/4" Red 4-U.
    Vokey SM6 56-14/60-04M DG x-100 Sensicore 1xss D-5
    > Vokey SM6 56/10 60/4M DG 120 S300 35" D-5
    Scotty Golo

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.