Colorado WRX

Comments

• cigarnut81cigarnut81 Members Posts: 426
    I will be up in the springs for a couple of times this year getting ready for the PAT so I would be up for a round! I am taking the PAT at Valley Hi so I will be putting in as many practice rounds as I can before hand!
  • asianplowasianplow Posts: 165 ✭✭
    cigarnut81 wrote on Mar 20 2009, 02:44 PM:
    I will be up in the springs for a couple of times this year getting ready for the PAT so I would be up for a round! I am taking the PAT at Valley Hi so I will be putting in as many practice rounds as I can before hand!

Drop me a pm before you head down here. I live pretty close to Valley Hi. BTW, what is "PAT"? I probably know what you're talking about, but it's not coming to me.
  • samphillips9samphillips9 Go Buffs Lefty Boomers Posts: 218
    Golden!!!
  • JMarq83JMarq83 Members Posts: 160
    new to the forum, Colorado Springs here!!
  • r8ted_vrpr8ted_vrp Members Posts: 392
    Lone Tee/ Park Meadows Area here
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Callaway x2 Hot 2 Deep Tour Green
    Callaway x2 Hot 5 Deep Tour Green
    Nike Vapor Flex 21* Kuro Kage
    Cleveland 588 TT 6-PW (main set)
    Cobra F7 Forged One Length 4-PW (testing out to see how they work for me)
    Cleveland 588 RTX 50*,56*, Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind 60*[/font]

Odyssey O-Works #7
  • New to the forum, North Colorado here. Home course Collindale, Fort Collins. Thinking about joining the Golf Chan AM Tour this year some of my favorite tracks are on there Green Valley and Lonetree. feel free to say hello image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

New to the forum, North Colorado here. Home course Collindale, Fort Collins. Thinking about joining the Golf Chan AM Tour this year some of my favorite tracks are on there Green Valley and Lonetree. feel free to say hello image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I just checked that course out after you said something about it. I love playing new courses and will have to check that course. It has that Ohio course look to it where you have to be straight or your in danger.

But welcome!!!

Odyssey O-Works #7
  • Joe W wrote:

New to the forum, North Colorado here. Home course Collindale, Fort Collins. Thinking about joining the Golf Chan AM Tour this year some of my favorite tracks are on there Green Valley and Lonetree. feel free to say hello image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I just checked that course out after you said something about it. I love playing new courses and will have to check that course. It has that Ohio course look to it where you have to be straight or your in danger.

But welcome!!!

Thanks for the welcome Joe where do you normally play?
  • SUBPARJSUBPARJ Posts: 520
    Grand Junction

I like to play where ever. Since I live down south I usually play courses around the house. I went to the Denver Golf Expo this past Sunday and talked to a guy at Applewood Golf Course in Golden and I am going to play that course this Saturday. I am hoping to find a home course here pretty soon. My fiance and i are planning a trip in the next few weeks to play Collindale which will be a great time.

Joe W wrote:

But welcome!!!

Thanks for the welcome Joe where do you normally play?

Odyssey O-Works #7
  • vanla01vanla01 Members Posts: 1,655 ✭✭
    Definitely check out Bear Dance golf club if you ever get the chance, one sweet course.
  • Bear Dance is one of my favorite tracks also.
  • yumbrowniesyumbrownies Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew Lefty Boomers Posts: 283 ✭✭
    New to the forum; up in Boulder here. Don't own a car so I don't get out much, but I'll strap the clubs on my back and ride the bike up to Flatirons once in a while.

Titleist 983K 9.5* / Fujikura Speeder S
    Taylormade V-Steel 15* / GD YS-6 S
    Adams Idea Pro A12 20* / Matrix Ozik Altus S
    Titleist DCI 990 3-PW DG S300
    Ping M/B 54*
    Cleveland 588 60*
    Ping Anser 4

• saxxmansaxxman Saxxman Members Posts: 39
    Vail area here! I'm in Denver about once a month. (Take my lessons down there!) Current hdcp is 21.3, but started playing some of my best golf at the end of last season, so I'm really getting anxious!

Saxxman on Skycaddie Club SG. Have Mondays and Tuesdays off. Contact me if you can get together up here? or if you hear of something fun elsewhere!

Steve
  • Makes sense to follow Saxxman here as we are friends on Skygolf...lol

Anyway, I live in Parker and have a membership at Blackstone and Black Bear. If anyone else is a member at Canongate let me know we should play. If anyone just wants to play a round and checkout those courses let me know also. I think guest prices are around $50-$60.
  • Jamboy72Jamboy72 Powered by the old school Members Posts: 5,958 ✭✭
    Wonderful! I am at ft Collins country club. We should get a little Colorado golfwrx outing!
  • DTown3011DTown3011 #DTown3011 ClubWRX Posts: 3,551 ClubWRX
    I would be interested in a Colorado outing for sure. I am a member at Colorado National in Erie!
    Rogue 10.5* MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 60S
    Rogue SZ 15* MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 70S
    Rogue 3h 19* KBS Hybrid Prototype 85S
    Apex '14 #4-PW KBS Tour 120 Matte Black
    MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
    Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
    Callaway '18 Chrome Soft X Truvis
  • vanla01vanla01 Members Posts: 1,655 ✭✭
    DTown3011 wrote:

I would be interested in a Colorado outing for sure. I am a member at Colorado National in Erie!

I love their practice facility, especially the short game area, hopefully I'll be able to practice my short game there this season.
  • Jamboy72Jamboy72 Powered by the old school Members Posts: 5,958 ✭✭
    Sounds good...let's get something together!
    vanla01 wrote:

DTown3011 wrote:

I love their practice facility, especially the short game area, hopefully I'll be able to practice my short game there this season.

Great range, HUGE, the only problem is the open space is very open to the wind. However on a beautiful day it's a great place to practice!
  • bradleyguyebradleyguye Lefty Boomers Posts: 858 ✭✭
    Add another one from the springs!
  • EK16EK16 Members Posts: 1,096 ✭✭
    Anyone know of a good club builder in Denver? D'lance and Golfsmith seem to be the only options in South Denver.
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,228 ✭✭
    You guys in the Springs, Eisenhower Blue course is a must play! IIRC non military can get on, we took a marine with us.

How are the Greens at Colorado National? We are supposed to play there this week but they sound like they are still healing.
    EK16 wrote:

Anyone know of a good club builder in Denver? D'lance and Golfsmith seem to be the only options in South Denver.

Take your stuff to Hot Stix out at Green Valley Ranch which is out by the airport. Great clubwork there.
  • asianplowasianplow Posts: 165 ✭✭
    EK16 wrote:

My club builder is south east part of Denver. He was closed for a few months end of last year, but is suppose to be getting things put together again. PM me and I can get you contact info. He deals with tour issue and a lot of high end equipment and knows his stuff.
    Does anyone here want to play a round with me on Sunday?
  • It's coming!!!!!! The golf season, well we have had a decent start...lol We need rain but the nice days are fine also.....

Maybe we can get a Rockies Colorado WRX mens club going? Maybe have a few tournaments? Anyone here have experience with that? I can do whatever to help get it going....

We might be able to get a good thing going.
  • Lane12Lane12 Members Posts: 15
    I am in Golden, but work in Cheyenne during the week. I play Fossil Trace mostly, but have hit almost all the front range courses. I am up for some fun rounds or something.
    I'm playing The Fox Hill Club in Longmont on Thursday and Highland Meadows in Windsor on Friday.
    I moved to Denver from Orange County, CA in Nov. Absolutely loved the winter here going snowboarding about 20 times this season. However, the golf is killing me here! It's been hard to get out and every time I have it's been 15-20mph+ winds. Please tell me things calm down a bit in June.