ACCRA TOUR PROTOTYPE - HITTING TOUR THIS WEEK!

Accra has a new shaft hitting the tour this week that Gawain and the guys over at Accra are really excited about. I don't have a lot of information on it yet, but when I get some more I will certainly add it. I also should be getting my test shaft within the next week or so.

Specs:

Type Flex Length Freq Weight Torque Bend Tip Tip Tip Butt OD

Point Stiffness Diameter Parallel

TP 65 S 46 213 66 2.8 Mid-High Med 0.335 4 0.610

TP 65 X 46 223 68 2.8 Mid-High Med 0.335 4 0.610

TP 75 S 46 213 76 2.7 Mid-High Med 0.335 4 0.610

TP 75 X 46 223 78 2.7 Mid-High Med 0.335 4 0.610

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Raidernut,
No these are not counter balanced, they just happen to match the profile of a couple of Tour players shafts that are buddies of ours. They will be tested this coming week at the Byron Nelson are probably and I should be able to report back with some feedback.
As you probably are aware we don't throw the term "prototype" around to deceive people. This truly is a proto, with only about 25 in the world! We may or may not put this in our line, and there is always a chance that we will adjust it slightly.
gbr

this shaft is awesome! lower launching and lower spinning shaft that has the amazing Accra feel! it actually lowered the launch and spinrate of my TM Supertri to Superdeep numbers! tipped a m5 65 1/2" and it came out at a robust 271cpm at 45"...even though the cpm was kinda high it never felt boardy...it felt easy to load and really tight throughout my swing...the closest shaft that i can compare it to is my old Mitsubishi Stinger but the Accra feels better! I can't wait to take this out on the course and give it a good test! Thanks G and the staff at Accra for making this awesome shaft! I think you guys got a winner here!

Tm Stealth 2 plus proto driver w/ Fuji Nx Speeder Green 60

Tm Stealth 2 #3 and 5 woods w/ Fuji Nx Speeder Blue 70

Tm P7mc 4-pw w/ KBS $ taper 130 soft stepped 

Tm MG3 50,54,58 w/ KBS Tour

Tm Spider X Tour w/ KBS One Step putter

Tp5x balls

Vessel Carry bag

*update*
after thoroughly testing out the Accra Tour Prototype 65 by myself and a couple of other players and pros over the weekend I definetely would have to say that Gawain and the staff at Accra truly outdid themselves with this shaft...the most common thing people said was "this is the smoothest shaft I've ever tried" or "this thing rocks!" everyone who tested it got better yardage as well as tighter shot dispersion...the biggest gain I saw was 20 yards and average gain was 10...we tested this shaft in Taylormade Supertri's and Taylormade Superdeeps...in the Supertri it lowered the launch angle as well as the spinrate and made the club alot more workable...when you swing hard with it didnt draw too much and the dreaded hooks were pretty much eliminated...typical shot was straight to a very slight cut(no more than 5 yards) and the ball ran alot when it landed...the decent angle was very good and the ball was just hot when it landed...everyone who tested it wanted it at the end of each test session! Hopefully this truly amazing shaft imho makes it to retail...

Tp5x balls

Vessel Carry bag

[quote name='ifixclubs' date='24 May 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1274762724' post='2465478']
*update*
after thoroughly testing out the Accra Tour Prototype 65 by myself and a couple of other players and pros over the weekend I definetely would have to say that Gawain and the staff at Accra truly outdid themselves with this shaft...the most common thing people said was "this is the smoothest shaft I've ever tried" or "this thing rocks!" everyone who tested it got better yardage as well as tighter shot dispersion...the biggest gain I saw was 20 yards and average gain was 10...we tested this shaft in Taylormade Supertri's and Taylormade Superdeeps...in the Supertri it lowered the launch angle as well as the spinrate and made the club alot more workable...when you swing hard with it didnt draw too much and the dreaded hooks were pretty much eliminated...typical shot was straight to a very slight cut(no more than 5 yards) and the ball ran alot when it landed...the decent angle was very good and the ball was just hot when it landed...everyone who tested it wanted it at the end of each test session! Hopefully this truly amazing shaft imho makes it to retail...
[/quote]
Well the way you talk we all aught to drop our crappy shafts and get one of these. They should be plated in matte finish 24k gold after comments like that! ahah, j/k. Seriously if it lowers launch and spin and has good distance and roll out I am interested!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

[quote name='markheardjr' date='25 May 2010 - 09:43 AM' timestamp='1274805783' post='2466299']
[quote name='ifixclubs' date='24 May 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1274762724' post='2465478']
*update*
[/quote]
Well the way you talk we all aught to drop our crappy shafts and get one of these. They should be plated in matte finish 24k gold after comments like that! ahah, j/k. Seriously if it lowers launch and spin and has good distance and roll out I am interested!
[/quote]
thats not too bad of an idea! lol!

[quote name='Coach Ritz' date='25 May 2010 - 12:00 PM' timestamp='1274814011' post='2466598']
Can to share what heads these guys were using hitting this shaft?? TM, Cobra, Ping, Titleist?  What were the head weights as well.   Sounds like a great shaft for the TM Superfast or SuperDeep/SuperTri heads.
[/quote]
the heads we tested them were in the supertri and superdeep...

Tp5x balls

Vessel Carry bag

[quote name='gbrgolf' date='16 May 2010 - 06:12 AM' timestamp='1274015563' post='2444779']
Hi Raidernut,
No these are not counter balanced, they just happen to match the profile of a couple of Tour players shafts that are buddies of ours. They will be tested this coming week at the Byron Nelson are probably and I should be able to report back with some feedback.
As you probably are aware [b][u]we don't throw the term "prototype" around to deceive people[/u][/b]. This truly is a proto, with only about 25 in the world! We may or may not put this in our line, and there is always a chance that we will adjust it slightly.
gbr
[/quote]
This is probably the third time I've heard you say something like this. I know you need to differentiate your product out on tour but little digs against other companies isn't the way to go in my opinion. Other comments like "we're a performance shaft company, not an advertising shaft company" are also kind of down putting to your competition. Rise up with results if you are a performance company, don't talk about someone else as an "advertising" company just because you don't think they should throw around terms like "prototype", "Zyvex", "Zylon" ,or "Nanotube."

hi Mark,
Wow, you've done some digging, I think I mentioned the line about Marketing and performance in a thread about 5 years ago, maybe in another 5 years I'll use it again and I'll be careful about the context. As for my comments about Prototype..... they are true, we have never used the term prototype in an inline product.
Look, I apologize if I've offended anyone, but in this case I was trying to explain that this shaft is pretty unique! IFixclubs is a great club fitter that deals with a lot of manufactures of shafts and we are certainly not his biggest supplier. So when I saw that he was excited about this shafts, I felt the need to explain it.
I'm sure that you have your favorite shaft manufacturers and it is great that your loyalty has my comments bothering you. I don't think anyone can say that ACCRA advertising is negative in any way.
Again, sorry this thread bothered you.
gbr

[quote name='gbrgolf' date='31 May 2010 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1275354812' post='2479019']
hi Mark,
Wow, you've done some digging, I think I mentioned the line about Marketing and performance in a thread about 5 years ago, maybe in another 5 years I'll use it again and I'll be careful about the context. As for my comments about Prototype..... they are true, we have never used the term prototype in an inline product.
Look, I apologize if I've offended anyone, but in this case I was trying to explain that this shaft is pretty unique! IFixclubs is a great club fitter that deals with a lot of manufactures of shafts and we are certainly not his biggest supplier. So when I saw that he was excited about this shafts, I felt the need to explain it.
I'm sure that you have your favorite shaft manufacturers and it is great that your loyalty has my comments bothering you. I don't think anyone can say that ACCRA advertising is negative in any way.
Again, sorry this thread bothered you.
gbr
[/quote]
I've spoken to you in person a few times out on tour and you spin it more in person but I just don't want to see negativity from one sponsor/rep towards another. That said, I am definetly interested in trying this new shaft of yours. I hit the Dymatch, got good distance but the control just wasn't there. It was a little high launching for me, I think I hit the blue. I have played Aldila in the past but currently play Graphite Design in all my woods shafts. If it works I'll play it, regardless of how it looks or what it's called.

heeeey boys easy now...

let bygones by bygones.

Accra is definitely underrated and as much as I am in love with my Ilima that my guy fit me with, he JUST e-mailed me earlier today that i've got to try this new Accra prototype out. Smooth as hell, but hits flat bombs.

for a fitter to say a shaft is smooth means something. and on top of that, to e-mail me and tell me about a shaft he can't even sell, he must be excited, and that means Accra is doing something right.

kudos to you guys at Accra

I've been using an Accra shaft in my TM Burner for the last 2 seasons. I tried a few others, but have not found anything that matches the feel and performance. It's simply awesome. It always makes me smile when, after nailing a few drives long and straight, my playing partners will come over, grab my driver and ask "what kind of shaft is this, Accra ehh, damn" ? I would love to get my hands on one of these protos with a supertri or superdeep head. I guess I will have to wait and hope they make it out to retail.

I finally was able to hit this shaft with an identical head set up to my current gamer - an J33R 8.5 with an Accra DyMatch S2. My swing was completely off on Saturday afternoon, but I was seeing a some promising results. The shaft is flat out smoothness.

I cannot wait to get some extensive testing in with this shaft and see some of the results that I am hoping for.

Oaks

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

• 5 months later...

After trying to love the shaft, it was just way too much shaft for me in the head that I had it in. I loved the way it felt, but just couldn't get it to cooperate completely.

#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

[quote name='Oaks' timestamp='1289312310' post='2781948']
After trying to love the shaft, it was just way too much shaft for me in the head that I had it in. I loved the way it felt, but just couldn't get it to cooperate completely.
[/quote]
What were the specs of the accra shaft you used.....stiff and 65g? That is the one I am about to get installed. I am worried it will be too mcuh shaft for me as well. I have a pretty short back swing and foresee having a tough time loading it properly.

I was hitting the M5 75 Gram in a J33R 8.5 Head.

The combination with the head had a lot to do with the results that I saw.

I have since moved to a low spin head with a higher kick/more spin shaft.

I love Accra products, hell there might not be a bigger fanboy of the company then me on this site, they make an outstanding product - just have hit budgetary and off season restraints.

#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

I haven't had much of a chance to hit it yet, since my first one was stolen and I just received my replacement. Hopefully, I will have time tomorrow to get to the range and I will report back with my impressions.

With that being said, from what I remember of the few times I was able to hit the first one in a 9* Speedline Classic, it gave me roughly the same launch and carry as a Dymatch S3 M5 75 tipped one inch in a 8.7* Speedline Classic. I will try to find the data from a trackman session with the dymatch to put some numbers with my impressions. The proto really reminded me of the dymatch, in that for as stout of a shaft as it is, it felt really smooth to me. I played the dymatch for 6-7 months and absolutely loved the shaft. I still play them in my FWs and I am an unabashed Accra fanboy.

Here is a response from gbrgolf to an email I sent him for a comparison to the S3 Dymatch before I installed it:
[i]"Thanks for the email, and thank you for the nice comments about your DyMatch. Regarding the "Tour Prototype" ... it has a very stiff profile, slightly more stable in the tip section than your DyMatch S3's, which was the most stable tip shaft we had ever made. The butt section will be similar to the DM S3. Seems that very stable tip shafts are getting more and more popular, especially with better and stronger players![/i] [i]I would imagine that your TP shaft with the same tip cut will play just a little firmer than the DM S3 shafts. Please give us some feedback on the TP shaft, and just remember it is designed to be stout (but with feel!)...... good luck!"

[/i]