2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Tour Z6 with Jolt

I tried a number of rangefinders at the PGA demo day and at the convention center yesterday. They all have their pluses and minuses, but overall the new Z6 with jolt should become the next standard in rangefinders. It is fast,,very fast. Locks almost instantly and jolts. The red readout display is very clear and the distances accurate to +/- 1/10 a yard for those with that much precision. The previous version of the Z6 had it's activate button level with the top which made it difficult to depress, but the 2014 Z6 jolt has been slightly re-designed to have the button slightly above the surface and is easy to press and activate. It's supposedly water proof and has a heavier more solid feel than the V3 and other rangefinders. I wear a cadet medium glove and the new Z6 jolt fits my hand well,,is slightly larger and feels more ergonomic than the Leupold GX-3i.

Overall, for a hundred dollars more than the V3, it's a great rangefinder. I've already placed my order with Brian at Edwin Watts in Orlando. Should be in my hands,,literally in days.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the nice review, much appreciated!

Did you have an opportunity to play around with the Pro X7?

TSR3 8 Tour AD UB 6

TSR2+ 14.5 Tour AD CQ 7

TSR2 21 Tour AD DI 85

U505 4 Tour AD DI 95

T200 5-6 Steelfiber i110

T150 7-GW Steelfiber i110
Vokey SM10 54F/60M Steelfiber i110
Scotty Cameron Timeless TT Circle T

Pro V1

[quote name='Aces-6' timestamp='1390486709' post='8515773']
Thank you for the nice review, much appreciated!

Did you have an opportunity to play around with the Pro X7?
[/quote]
Yes. It was very nice but didn't really offer much more than the Z6 jolt. Plus, being substantially larger and more expensive than the Z6, I personally couldn't justify having it. The Z6 jolt also felt more solid,,almost commercial quality if you understand my reference.The Pro x7 just didn't have that "feel" the Z6 has.

I've always preferred the larger size of the 1500/1600/Pro 1M models for some reason. I will be sure to check out the Z6 with Jolt before I buy a new laser in the next month.

I'm getting A LOT of conflicting info on availability dates about the new release models from Bushnell. Internet retailer A, claims they should be in stock 1-27-14, retailer B says 2-14-14 and Bushnell claims they won't even have the new models until 2-7-14. Ordinarily, I would always take the OEM's word over the retailers but my confidence in Bushnell CS has been shaken over and over.

TSR3 8 Tour AD UB 6

TSR2+ 14.5 Tour AD CQ 7

TSR2 21 Tour AD DI 85

U505 4 Tour AD DI 95

T200 5-6 Steelfiber i110

Pro V1

[quote name='Aces-6' timestamp='1390488592' post='8515975']
I've always preferred the larger size of the 1500/1600/Pro 1M models for some reason. I will be sure to check out the Z6 with Jolt before I buy a new laser in the next month.

I'm getting A LOT of conflicting info on availability dates about the new release models from Bushnell. Internet retailer A, claims they should be in stock 1-27-14, retailer B says 2-14-14 and Bushnell claims they won't even have the new models until 2-7-14. Ordinarily, I would always take the OEM's word over the retailers but my confidence in Bushnell CS has been shaken over and over.
[/quote]

I prefer larger sized rangefinders too. I ordered my Pro X7 already and they gave me a ship date of 2/14/14.

[quote name='Lionstar' timestamp='1390568628' post='8522539']
The Z6 jolt should be in stores by January 31 or sooner according to my info.
[/quote]

Thanks for that! Can we assume the Pro X7 will be in stores at the same time?

TSR3 8 Tour AD UB 6

TSR2+ 14.5 Tour AD CQ 7

TSR2 21 Tour AD DI 85

U505 4 Tour AD DI 95

T200 5-6 Steelfiber i110

Pro V1

[quote name='Aces-6' timestamp='1390573188' post='8522879']
[quote name='Lionstar' timestamp='1390568628' post='8522539']
The Z6 jolt should be in stores by January 31 or sooner according to my info.
[/quote]

Thanks for that! Can we assume the Pro X7 will be in stores at the same time?
[/quote]

2/14/14 for the Pro X7.

[quote name='Lionstar' timestamp='1390486198' post='8515731']
I tried a number of rangefinders at the PGA demo day and at the convention center yesterday. They all have their pluses and minuses, but overall the new Z6 with jolt should become the next standard in rangefinders. It is fast,,very fast. Locks almost instantly and jolts. The red readout display is very clear and the distances accurate to +/- 1/10 a yard for those with that much precision. The previous version of the Z6 had it's activate button level with the top which made it difficult to depress, but the 2014 Z6 jolt has been slightly re-designed to have the button slightly above the surface and is easy to press and activate. It's supposedly water proof and has a heavier more solid feel than the V3 and other rangefinders. I wear a cadet medium glove and the new Z6 jolt fits my hand well,,is slightly larger and feels more ergonomic than the Leupold GX-3i.
Overall, for a hundred dollars more than the V3, it's a great rangefinder. I've already placed my order with Brian at Edwin Watts in Orlando. Should be in my hands,,literally in days.
[/quote]

Thanks for the impressions, Lionstar. Is the button on the Z6 Jolt softer, easier to press than the Z6? Were you able to conduct side-by-side testing with the Leupold GX-4i2/3i2 that has the new Pinhunter 2, hitting flags on an outdoor range? Real-world testing on flags and outdoor lighting should provide prospective customers with an apples-to-apples analysis of the underlying technology and optics performance. After that, it's personal preference on form factor, color, features, warranty, cost, ease of after-market support and service.

Yes, the button on the Z6Jolt is very easy to depress and activate. Bushnell re-designed the activate or shoot button to sit ABOVE the top frame,,not level as last year's model Z6.Yes, I did my testing of the Z6Jolt outdoors at the PGA Merchandise Show demo day at Orange County National. I did compare the Z6Jolt against the V3 but not the "new" Leupold you're asking about. I had just tested the Leupold GX 3 I a few days before and for me, the Z6 jolt just felt easier, faster and more user friendly. I'm not saying anyone should base their purchase of any rangefinder on my experience or preference. I agree that if possible, personal testing of these devices should be the deciding factor. Having owned a Leupold GX 3 I, a Bushnell V3 and a sky caddie there is no doubt that the Z6 jolt is perfect for me,,and I suspect that at $399 ( $100 more than the V3) that those that seek a quality, ergonomic , sturdy rangefinder should seriously consider this one.

[quote name='Lionstar' timestamp='1390703456' post='8533387']
Yes, the button on the Z6Jolt is very easy to depress and activate. Bushnell re-designed the activate or shoot button to sit ABOVE the top frame,,not level as last year's model Z6.Yes, I did my testing of the Z6Jolt outdoors at the PGA Merchandise Show demo day at Orange County National. I did compare the Z6Jolt against the V3 but not the "new" Leupold you're asking about. I had just tested the Leupold GX 3 I a few days before and for me, the Z6 jolt just felt easier, faster and more user friendly. I'm not saying anyone should base their purchase of any rangefinder on my experience or preference. I agree that if possible, personal testing of these devices should be the deciding factor. Having owned a Leupold GX 3 I, a Bushnell V3 and a sky caddie there is no doubt that the Z6 jolt is perfect for me,,and I suspect that at $399 ( $100 more than the V3) that those that seek a quality, ergonomic , sturdy rangefinder should seriously consider this one.
[/quote]

Good info. And good timing for me.

Nothing yet on the Bushnell site on the new Pro Z6 model or any on-line stores I checked. As you have placed the order, am I correct that the $399 is the MSRP, i.e. The same as the current model?
(At least US prices- but rangefinder prices seem to be fairly close in Canada, though the recent currency exchange changes will likely likely impact on new stock. )

I'm about to return my unused V3 under 30 day return policy as I didn't realize on ordering that it's just plastic and "rainproof" vs aluminum and "waterproof" for the Tour Z6. Especially for the wet coast.

I might just go for the cash refund and wait for the new Pro Z6 Jolt to hit Canuckland if it's just going to be roughly 100 bucks more than I paid for the V3 on sale. Durability for this kind of cash layout is important.

The Leupold GX 3i dropped 140 bucks at GolfTown this weekend (version GX 3i 2 is now on Leupold's website) so it's closer to the V3 price I paid, but I think the jolt technology is a better bet for me.

[quote name='myspinonit' timestamp='1390748498' post='8535735']
[/quote]

Nothing yet on the Bushnell site on the new Pro Z6 model or any on-line stores I checked. As you have placed the order, am I correct that the $399 is the MSRP, i.e. The same as the current model?
(At least US prices- but rangefinder prices seem to be fairly close in Canada, though the recent currency exchange changes will likely likely impact on new stock. )

I'm about to return my unused V3 under 30 day return policy as I didn't realize on ordering that it's just plastic and "rainproof" vs aluminum and "waterproof" for the Tour Z6. Especially for the wet coast.

I might just go for the cash refund and wait for the new Pro Z6 Jolt to hit Canuckland if it's just going to be roughly 100 bucks more than I paid for the V3 on sale. Durability for this kind of cash layout is important.

The Leupold GX 3i dropped 140 bucks at GolfTown this weekend (version GX 3i 2 is now on Leupold's website) so it's closer to the V3 price I paid, but I think the jolt technology is a better bet for me.
[/quote]

All info on this line is currently listed on Bushnell's website now. FYI.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Your rationale is the same as mine. Having felt and tested it, the Z6 jolt is in my humble opinion the best overall option for a rangefinder. FWIW, I've had a sky caddie SG5 for about 5 years now and at first I thought $250 or so for it was pricey. I feel I got my money's worth on it but have simply outgrew it,,and at about 75 rounds a year for 5 years it cost less than a dollar per round,,with the exception of the yearly fees sky golf charges. No more charges with the rangefinder. So if it lasts 5 years or longer it's just pennies per round for accurate yardages. Hard to beat that.
And BTW, I returned my V3 for store credit also.

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1390773296' post='8538121']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Correct; it has been on their website for at least 2 weeks. After reading the initial reports a few weeks ago, I went to their site and it gave me everything I needed; until I read this thread... thanks for the real life experience!!

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen4 @ 10.5* w/Tour AD VR-6 S

Fairway: PXG 0341 X GEN4 @ 15* w/PX Evenflow Riptide CB 60g
Fairway: Callaway Mavrik @ 18* w/PX Evenflow Riptide 60g
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen4 Xtreme Dark Combination Set: 5-7 Gen4 XP; 8-GW Gen4 P w/SteelFiber 95
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Black Satin 50*  54*  58*

Putter: PXG Bat Attack-HS @ 35.5"
Ball: Wilson Staff Model

Apologies gents. Rangefinder shopping is a new 2014 activity. I didn't realize the Tour Z6 [b]Jolt[/b] was the 2014 version; I misread the post text and thought the new version was [i][b]Pro [/b]Z6 Jolt[/i]. (Actually that is the title of the thread.) Bushnell don't doesn't seem to list past year products like Leupold does to help in model comparison.

Anyway I returned my V3 to GolfTown for full refund and am awaiting the newer Jolt version to appear in the stores so I can do my own hands on. (It's on the GT website now @ $399, but on order.) They had no current Z6 in stock, - guess that would have clued me in.

[quote name='10of14' timestamp='1390780804' post='8539067']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1390773296' post='8538121']
[/quote]

Correct; it has been on their website for at least 2 weeks. After reading the initial reports a few weeks ago, I went to their site and it gave me everything I needed; until I read this thread... thanks for the real life experience!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Good to hear they made the button easier to press. There are pros and cons to each brand/model. Almost pulled the trigger on the Leupold late last season, but figured I would wait for the product refresh this year. The Bushnell X7 had the right resistance on the button, but the form factor too big and heavy for a carrying bag walker. Plus, the white-red color scheme needs a face-lift especially if you don't own a R11/R12 driver! I preferred the smaller-size Leupold form factor, but didn't like the bluish tint. The acquisition speed was very quick on the Leupold GX4i so if the Z6 Jolt is even faster than the new Leupolds, Bushnell stepped up its game. Will have to wait a few weeks, months to test them in person.

[quote name='Lionstar' timestamp='1390829839' post='8542107']
Title of thread corrected,,sorry,,my bad.
[/quote]
:taunt: No, your good...if you hadn't posted in the first place I'd still have that V3 and be stuck with it after 30 days and worried about the plastic casing and wet.

I won't be hitting a club far another 6 weeks anyway after a recent operation...the v3 was a distracting impulse buy keeping me occupied before the operation. The Z6 Jolt will now be the more considered and welcomed buy.

[quote name='myspinonit' timestamp='1390832295' post='8542281']
[/quote]
:taunt: No, your good...if you hadn't posted in the first place I'd still have that V3 and be stuck with it after 30 days and worried about the plastic casing and wet.

I won't be hitting a club far another 6 weeks anyway after a recent operation...the v3 was a distracting impulse buy keeping me occupied before the operation. The Z6 Jolt will now be the more considered and welcomed buy.
[/quote]
Get well soon. BTW,,Bushnell is now touting the Z6 Jolt as the "fastest, most technologically advanced golf range finder in the world". Bushnell also says the new Z6 Jolt is 5 times faster than the previous Z6. All I know is when I tested it the lock and yardage seemed very, very fast. Faster than anything else I've tried. Apparently this unit is going to be Bushnell's signature range finder for golf.

[quote name='Lionstar' timestamp='1390917445' post='8549793']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Get well soon. BTW,,Bushnell is now touting the Z6 Jolt as the "fastest, most technologically advanced golf range finder in the world". Bushnell also says the new Z6 Jolt is 5 times faster than the previous Z6. All I know is when I tested it the lock and yardage seemed very, very fast. Faster than anything else I've tried. [b]Apparently this unit is going to be Bushnell's signature range finder for golf.[/b]
[/quote]

Interesting, I thought the Pro X7 models were the gold standard for Bushnell?

TSR3 8 Tour AD UB 6

TSR2+ 14.5 Tour AD CQ 7

TSR2 21 Tour AD DI 85

U505 4 Tour AD DI 95

T200 5-6 Steelfiber i110

Pro V1

[quote name='Arpeggi' timestamp='1391052054' post='8562406']
Saw them at the new PGA Store in Irvine.
Not sure how these are worth $350...
[/quote]

[quote name='Aces-6' timestamp='1390918783' post='8549907']
[quote name='Lionstar' timestamp='1390917445' post='8549793']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Get well soon. BTW,,Bushnell is now touting the Z6 Jolt as the "fastest, most technologically advanced golf range finder in the world". Bushnell also says the new Z6 Jolt is 5 times faster than the previous Z6. All I know is when I tested it the lock and yardage seemed very, very fast. Faster than anything else I've tried. [b]Apparently this unit is going to be Bushnell's signature range finder for golf.[/b]
[/quote]

Interesting, I thought the Pro X7 models were the gold standard for Bushnell?
[/quote]

The Pro X7 will be the new gold standard/flagship model rangefinder in their stable.

I would agree with the Pro X7 being flagship, but it will be a big puppy and I think many like me will go for the smaller Z6 Jolt, for size not just price.

For the question on Leopold gx3i(squared) in fog vs z6 jolt, I haven't seen any claims on the Bushnell for fog but the prior Leopold makes that claim. I did consider the Leopold for that (as it claims to be for precip too, considering our local climate) but the negatives over Bushnell for pinseeking was the decider.

All that said, no one has yet reviewed the very new Jolt other than the OP at the PGA show, (and I haven't seen any hands-on yet GX3i (squared) so I guess just watch GolfWrx and such as a Critical Reviews.

Against my better judgement I bought a GX-4i squared and it's scheduled to be delivered Wednesday. I will be sure to get a review up as soon as possible so others can make an informed buying decision. I really wanted the Pro X7 but they won't be available in time for a pretty important tournament I'm playing in mid Feb.

TSR3 8 Tour AD UB 6

TSR2+ 14.5 Tour AD CQ 7

TSR2 21 Tour AD DI 85

U505 4 Tour AD DI 95

T200 5-6 Steelfiber i110

Pro V1

[quote name='Lionstar' timestamp='1390486198' post='8515731']
[/quote] Thanks for the article!

The Z6 with Jolt is now available at GolfTown on-line and they advise me the new Leupold GX- 3i2 is expected in a couple of weeks (they could not comment on in-store stock). Price looks to be the same @ $399.

Leupold claims battery life > 6k actuations and a supposedly improved "Pinseeker 2". Plus the fog feature (that I gather helps in just plain rain too?- anyone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm now very undecided and will be watching with bated breath for reviews and any in-store stock. Both have 2 year warranties.

Service in Canada: GolfTown tells me they deal with warranty issues through the local GT store for the first year. I see Bushnell has a Canadian service location in Canada. I phoned Leupold in Portland and they have a $15 international returned shipment fee within the warranty period plus phone support after. If outside the warranty would offer a reasonable price for upgrade replacement. I know I read about this with Bushnell too.
There is another thread going on about the V3 vs GX3i and service and I'll copy this there too.

^^ I'm going out today with my new GX-4i2 and I will report back later this evening on my findings.

TSR3 8 Tour AD UB 6

TSR2+ 14.5 Tour AD CQ 7

TSR2 21 Tour AD DI 85

U505 4 Tour AD DI 95

T200 5-6 Steelfiber i110

Pro V1

[quote name='Aces-6' timestamp='1391606296' post='8602313']
^^ I'm going out today with my new GX-4i2 and I will report back later this evening on my findings.
[/quote]

Looking forward to hearing about it knowing that you weren't fond of the prior generation Leupold. I'm on the fence between the GX3i2/GX4i2 and the Pro X7 to replace my 1600.