2024 The Memorial Tournament WITB Pics & New Titleist GT woods ×

Bushnell Tour Z6 with Jolt

[quote name='2zlinks' timestamp='1394116273' post='8810609']
[quote name='Lionstar' timestamp='1394078407' post='8808913']
Anyone else loving their Tour Z6 Jolt? Mine has truly made the game more fun and given me more confidence.
[/quote]

With 2 ft of snow on the ground really makes it tough but I know to the tenth of a yard the distance to my mailbox lol. I really like the VDT and the Jolt feature is a very nice addition from my 1500. Would definitely recommend.
[/quote]

I haven't done much with mine other than shooting signs posts either on the day I got it for health reasons. But it seems super easy to get the target and I can't wait to give it's first proper flag test on the range in a week or two, and on course hopefully by the beginning of April.

Segue if that's ok...Wonder if any long-term Bushnell users wanted to start a current [u]positive[/u] Bushnell customer service one (realizing that can go the other way quickly)? I have no doubt from what I've read about the great Leupold cs, and there is a thread going on right now reinforcing that. For many customer service and standing behind a product is the deciding feature. I was very close to going in the Leupold direction for that reason for my first rangefinder, and might have if I generally played courses that have flag prisms. In the end I went with the Jolt and generally better pinseeking from the reviews I considered.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Husky in GA' timestamp='1396493839' post='9008289']
It's been mentioned several times that the Z6 Jolt button is easier to push than the previous Z6. But is it as easy to push as the V3? I've tested the previous Z6 in store as well as the V3 and love the button on the V3. I haven't been to any place that has the Z6 Jolt in stock yet. Thanks guys.
[/quote]
The Z6 Jolt reconfigured the button and is MUCH easier to depress,,it felt the same to me as the V3. Having used my Z6 Jolt for about 15 rounds I can vouch that it is the best bang for the buck in rangefinders. It's sturdy, steady, fast and very accurate. Plus it fits my cadet medium hand and the red readout is very easy to see. I'll be using this unit for a very long time,,I hope.

[quote name='Lionstar' timestamp='1396530318' post='9010021']
It's been mentioned several times that the Z6 Jolt button is easier to push than the previous Z6. But is it as easy to push as the V3? I've tested the previous Z6 in store as well as the V3 and love the button on the V3. I haven't been to any place that has the Z6 Jolt in stock yet. Thanks guys.
[/quote]
The Z6 Jolt reconfigured the button and is MUCH easier to depress,,it felt the same to me as the V3. Having used my Z6 Jolt for about 15 rounds I can vouch that it is the best bang for the buck in rangefinders. It's sturdy, steady, fast and very accurate. Plus it fits my cadet medium hand and the red readout is very easy to see. I'll be using this unit for a very long time,,I hope.
[/quote]

As usual (lol) I'll agree with Lionstar. Though my experience with the V3 Jolt was just a bit of stop-sign shooting for a day before I took it back, waiting for the waterproof Z6 Jolt. Just a bit of range work and one round thus far, but a piece of cake to use and read. Even though I felt my hands were shaking on the course. My first rangefinder other than the mentioned short-lived V3.

[quote name='myspinonit' timestamp='1396531265' post='9010161']
[/quote]
[/quote]

As usual (lol) I'll agree with Lionstar. Though my experience with the V3 Jolt was just a bit of stop-sign shooting for a day before I took it back, waiting for the waterproof Z6 Jolt. Just a bit of range work and one round thus far, but a piece of cake to use and read. Even though I felt my hands were shaking on the course. My first rangefinder other than the mentioned short-lived V3.
[/quote]

I'm sold! Thanks for the clarification!

[quote name='Husky in GA' timestamp='1396533141' post='9010389']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm sold! Thanks for the clarification!
[/quote]
You're welcome.

BTW, no deal-breaker, but the only negative for me is the case. I think it may be the same one as on the v3? It s sturdy and it's well-protected in transport and has a bag-hook. However I think it's a little finicky to get it in and out of the case IMO, and I wouldn't want to be unzipping it every time. I realize that I'm speaking after only one full round, and I'm not the most dextrous guy.

I walk 90% of the time, and nearly always use a Clicgear. I tried hanging the case to my bag open, and after a couple of holes my playing partner and I both felt it was tempting fate hanging open. So instead I went with using the Clicgear rangefinder bag accessory, which has a magnetic opener (also a zip) and it's a quick and dirty in and out as I'm walking. From the small size of the Z6, it was rattling a bit. Today I threw in in an old neoprene ironcover just to stop any jostling against the harder side of the Cligear bag that snaps onto the Clicgear cart clip. Still an easy in and out and secure.

In a cart I put a small towel in the large cup holder and just put the Z6Jolt in with eyepiece up. Works great and fast in and out. I agree,,taking it in and out of the well built case each time is cumbersome. But the Z6Jolt is certainly rugged enough to keep in the cup holder. Just remember to protect the lenses.

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

What issues did you have the with V3? I seem to be having issues with mine as well

[quote name='Krt22' timestamp='1396904440' post='9040709']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

What issues did you have the with V3? I seem to be having issues with mine as well
[/quote]
I had no issues with the operation of the V3.Again, I only had it out of the case a couple of times, shooting from my balcony. I ordered it on-line and wasn't expecting the plastic casing and not beingwaterproof. Those were deal breakers for me in our climate, and me with the dropsies.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='myspinonit' timestamp='1396535340' post='9010679']
BTW, no deal-breaker, but the only negative for me is the case. I think it may be the same one as on the v3? It s sturdy and it's well-protected in transport and has a bag-hook. However I think it's a little finicky to get it in and out of the case IMO, and I wouldn't want to be unzipping it every time. I realize that I'm speaking after only one full round, and I'm not the most dextrous guy.

I walk 90% of the time, and nearly always use a Clicgear. I tried hanging the case to my bag open, and after a couple of holes my playing partner and I both felt it was tempting fate hanging open. So instead I went with using the Clicgear rangefinder bag accessory, which has a magnetic opener (also a zip) and it's a quick and dirty in and out as I'm walking. From the small size of the Z6, it was rattling a bit. Today I threw in in an old neoprene ironcover just to stop any jostling against the harder side of the Cligear bag that snaps onto the Clicgear cart clip. Still an easy in and out and secure.
[/quote]

I have to agree with the case, the only downside to this thing. I had the V3 prior to the Z6 jolt and it is the same case. Works great for the thicker V3, but the Z6 swims in this case. I'd love to find a slimmer case that is simliar in design. During a round, I like to leave the case unzipped, but secure the bungee. Real quick to get out, but again it does swim in it.

• 3 weeks later...

I used my Z6 Jolt for the first time last Sunday. Have to say I was very impressed. I've been using a Skycaddie SGX for the last four years but when that stopped working recently I decided to give a range finder a go. Thanks to this thread I took the plunge on the Z6. Absolutely delighted I did so. Having accurate distances to the pin and not just front/middle/back made a big difference. I was pin high a lot more than I would normally be with the SGX. Looking forward to getting more rounds with it under my belt.

Callaway Rogue w/ AD IZ 
Cobra F8 3w w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Orange
Callaway Rogue 5w w/ Oban Isawa Red
Titleist 818 H1 hybrid w/ Oban Isawa Red
Srixon z765 5-pw w/ Steelfiber
Vokey SM7 52F, 56F, 60K w/ Steelfiber
PXG Darkness Gunboat

[quote name='cristphoto' timestamp='1403625283' post='9566551']
I have a Z6 Jolt and for me the case is a non-issue. I simply put the Z6 in my pants pocket during the round. It's smaller than my previous V2 (which should be the same size as the V3). I walk about 1/3 of the time and whether walking or riding I keep it in my pocket. No problems.
[/quote]

For those of us that do use the case, it tends to be a bit large. Works great for the V3 though, with the larger frame.

So you have the Z6 in your pocket when you are swinging as well? I don't even like an extra game ball in my pocket while I'm playing. Generally I have the case clipped to my bag and just use the elastic to secure it.

[quote name='smitty' timestamp='1403626421' post='9566679']
[quote name='cristphoto' timestamp='1403625283' post='9566551']
I have a Z6 Jolt and for me the case is a non-issue. I simply put the Z6 in my pants pocket during the round. It's smaller than my previous V2 (which should be the same size as the V3). I walk about 1/3 of the time and whether walking or riding I keep it in my pocket. No problems.
[/quote]

For those of us that do use the case, it tends to be a bit large. Works great for the V3 though, with the larger frame.

So you have the Z6 in your pocket when you are swinging as well? I don't even like an extra game ball in my pocket while I'm playing. Generally I have the case clipped to my bag and just use the elastic to secure it.
[/quote]

Yes, I keep it in my left pocket without the case - no problems.