shakey's WITB...2019 update

 shakey ·  
shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1 5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
Joined:  edited Apr 5, 2019 in What's In The Bag Photo Edition #1
Welcome to my first go round at a WITB. I was one of the lucky few guys to go on the first OvenWRX trip that Nike hosted in Ft Worth. It was an amazing trip that I will never forget. The trip was well documented in the original thread so I don't want to go too much into the actual trip, but my WITB starts with that setup. I will say that it's funny how little my bag changed on the trip. I was already playing a full bag of Nike clubs when I went out to the Oven, so the changes ended up being minor.



Here we go. If anyone has any questions along the way, feel free to ask. And thanks for reading along.

Posted:
Post edited by shakey on
Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

TM TP5 Pix
«13456711
11

Comments

  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7726WRX Points: 285Handicap: 7.1ClubWRX Posts: 7,726 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #2
    Looking good! How are my shafts working out for you in wedges?😉
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

    WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7726WRX Points: 285Handicap: 7.1ClubWRX Posts: 7,726 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3
    Is that Scotty on the right, a new port 2.5 platinum ?
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

    WITB Link
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #4
    G--the shafts are great. I appreciate you letting me keep them.



    The putter on the right is an Inspired by David Duval. I am going to add the putter descriptions.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

    Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7726WRX Points: 285Handicap: 7.1ClubWRX Posts: 7,726 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #5
    shakey wrote:


    G--the shafts are great. I appreciate you letting me keep them.



    The putter on the right is an Inspired by David Duval. I am going to add the putter descriptions.


    Cool lets see more pic's of it.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

    WITB Link
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #6
    MNNikeGuy wrote:

    shakey wrote:


    G--the shafts are great. I appreciate you letting me keep them.



    The putter on the right is an Inspired by David Duval. I am going to add the putter descriptions.


    Cool lets see more pic's of it.


    I'll try and get some posted later.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

    Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #7
    Here you go MNNikeguy

    More DD putter pics

    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

    Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #8
    5/7 Update:



    Two new additions to the bag.

    First is the Covert Tour 2.0 (11.5 N setting) with the UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 6F5T shaft.

    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

    Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7726WRX Points: 285Handicap: 7.1ClubWRX Posts: 7,726 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #9
    How's the forgiveness between the CP 1.0 and the CT 2.0? What shaft will you be putting in the CP 2.0 3 wood?



    I have the stock shaft in mine as you know. The few times I hit it was great but I did have a couple that I nutted and it ended up ballooning. I might put my VTS black in and give it a try.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

    WITB Link
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #10
    I put the KK 70 from my Oven fitted three wood in the new 3 wood. I didn't like it in the CT 1.0 three wood, but it feels good in this one. Just installed in Mon. Hoping to hit it on the course here shortly.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

    Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • ArchitectArchitect  899WRX Points: 0Handicap: 4.2Members Posts: 899
    Joined:  #11
    Nice putter collection!
    Posted:
    Ping G30 10.5 Driver Tour 80 75g S
    Ping G30 5-wood TFC 419F 57g S
    Ping i25 3-UW irons KBS Tour S
    Ping Gorge 54SS, 58SS KBS Tour S
    Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, ProV1X
    WITB Link
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #12
    Architect wrote:


    Nice putter collection!


    Thanks. I had a few more Scotty's at one time but sold a few off.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

    Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #13
    MNNikeGuy wrote:


    How's the forgiveness between the CP 1.0 and the CT 2.0? What shaft will you be putting in the CP 2.0 3 wood?



    I have the stock shaft in mine as you know. The few times I hit it was great but I did have a couple that I nutted and it ended up ballooning. I might put my VTS black in and give it a try.


    It's pretty close G. On good driving days, I'm not sure I can tell a difference. On bad days, the CP 1.0 prob gets the nod. The CT 2.0 is way more forgiving than the CT 1.0 for me.



    Distance difference is marginal most of the time, although occasionally I hit one with the CT 2.0 that knuckles out there and goes forever.



    The three wood seems to be really good. Easy to launch off the deck, very workable, solid off the tee. Distance was hard to gauge with the range balls though. Playing in a scramble Fri. Maybe I'll get a chance to test it out on course.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

    Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7726WRX Points: 285Handicap: 7.1ClubWRX Posts: 7,726 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #14
    How are the VRS forged treating you? GG has them at $450 plus they have a coupon for $150 off if you spend $500. I could get them for $350 plus a dozen balls. I'm very tempted. If all else fails I could put the 3 and 4 iron in my bag for more forgiveness.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

    WITB Link
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #15
    MNNikeGuy wrote:


    How are the VRS forged treating you? GG has them at $450 plus they have a coupon for $150 off if you spend $500. I could get them for $350 plus a dozen balls. I'm very tempted. If all else fails I could put the 3 and 4 iron in my bag for more forgiveness.


    I still love them. This set is much better than the first due to the shafts. The Nippons produce a better ball flight for me over the DGS300.



    I've tried several clubs over the past year out of our fitting carts, but nothing has beat them.

    I tried the Apex and the Apex Pros. Didn't like the Pros at all. They felt hard at impact. The Apex was good, but not great. AP2 714 felt hard like the Apex Pros. I tried both the TP MC and the CB. Both were good, but not enough to beat out my irons. The Covert Forged may be a little better, but I didn't think it was worth the money.



    Compared to the PCs, I don't think it's close for me. I had the VR PCs a couple of years ago and liked them, but needed more forgiveness. The VRS forged are easy to work, yet crazy forgiving. I almost ordered a set of the PCs like you have, but chose to stick with mine.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

    Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16
    Update on the 2.0 3 wood. I put a few rounds on the 2.0 with the KK Blk shaft. Although the ball was easy to launch off the deck, the ball was spinning too much costing me distance.



    I picked up a UST Axivcore Red 79 Stiff. So far so good. Off the tee, it's really solid. It still gets up off the deck, but it doesn't seem to be spinning as much. No ballooning. I may have a keeper here.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

    Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7726WRX Points: 285Handicap: 7.1ClubWRX Posts: 7,726 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #17
    shakey wrote:

    MNNikeGuy wrote:


    How are the VRS forged treating you? GG has them at $450 plus they have a coupon for $150 off if you spend $500. I could get them for $350 plus a dozen balls. I'm very tempted. If all else fails I could put the 3 and 4 iron in my bag for more forgiveness.


    I still love them. This set is much better than the first due to the shafts. The Nippons produce a better ball flight for me over the DGS300.



    I've tried several clubs over the past year out of our fitting carts, but nothing has beat them.

    I tried the Apex and the Apex Pros. Didn't like the Pros at all. They felt hard at impact. The Apex was good, but not great. AP2 714 felt hard like the Apex Pros. I tried both the TP MC and the CB. Both were good, but not enough to beat out my irons. The Covert Forged may be a little better, but I didn't think it was worth the money.



    Compared to the PCs, I don't think it's close for me. I had the VR PCs a couple of years ago and liked them, but needed more forgiveness. The VRS forged are easy to work, yet crazy forgiving. I almost ordered a set of the PCs like you have, but chose to stick with mine.


    So your saying its worth the $350 to pick them up?
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

    WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7726WRX Points: 285Handicap: 7.1ClubWRX Posts: 7,726 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #18
    shakey wrote:


    Update on the 2.0 3 wood. I put a few rounds on the 2.0 with the KK Blk shaft. Although the ball was easy to launch off the deck, the ball was spinning too much costing me distance.



    I picked up a UST Axivcore Red 79 Stiff. So far so good. Off the tee, it's really solid. It still gets up off the deck, but it doesn't seem to be spinning as much. No ballooning. I may have a keeper here.


    What shaft did you have in it before the KK Black? The only down fall to the CP is not being able to switch shafts out on the range. Oh well the CP still looks better to me IMO then the tour.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

    WITB Link
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #19
    MNNikeGuy wrote:

    shakey wrote:

    MNNikeGuy wrote:


    How are the VRS forged treating you? GG has them at $450 plus they have a coupon for $150 off if you spend $500. I could get them for $350 plus a dozen balls. I'm very tempted. If all else fails I could put the 3 and 4 iron in my bag for more forgiveness.


    I still love them. This set is much better than the first due to the shafts. The Nippons produce a better ball flight for me over the DGS300.



    I've tried several clubs over the past year out of our fitting carts, but nothing has beat them.

    I tried the Apex and the Apex Pros. Didn't like the Pros at all. They felt hard at impact. The Apex was good, but not great. AP2 714 felt hard like the Apex Pros. I tried both the TP MC and the CB. Both were good, but not enough to beat out my irons. The Covert Forged may be a little better, but I didn't think it was worth the money.



    Compared to the PCs, I don't think it's close for me. I had the VR PCs a couple of years ago and liked them, but needed more forgiveness. The VRS forged are easy to work, yet crazy forgiving. I almost ordered a set of the PCs like you have, but chose to stick with mine.


    So your saying its worth the $350 to pick them up?


    If you think you might need a little more forgiveness, then yes. If you're hitting your irons great, then it's a toss up.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

    Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Jul 7, 2014 #20
    MNNikeGuy wrote:

    shakey wrote:


    Update on the 2.0 3 wood. I put a few rounds on the 2.0 with the KK Blk shaft. Although the ball was easy to launch off the deck, the ball was spinning too much costing me distance.



    I picked up a UST Axivcore Red 79 Stiff. So far so good. Off the tee, it's really solid. It still gets up off the deck, but it doesn't seem to be spinning as much. No ballooning. I may have a keeper here.


    What shaft did you have in it before the KK Black? The only down fall to the CP is not being able to switch shafts out on the range. Oh well the CP still looks better to me IMO then the tour.


    Originally it had the stock KK Blk 60 Stiff.

    Then moved to KK Blk 70 S.

    Now the UST.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

    Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7726WRX Points: 285Handicap: 7.1ClubWRX Posts: 7,726 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #21
    shakey wrote:

    MNNikeGuy wrote:

    shakey wrote:

    MNNikeGuy wrote:


    How are the VRS forged treating you? GG has them at $450 plus they have a coupon for $150 off if you spend $500. I could get them for $350 plus a dozen balls. I'm very tempted. If all else fails I could put the 3 and 4 iron in my bag for more forgiveness.


    I still love them. This set is much better than the first due to the shafts. The Nippons produce a better ball flight for me over the DGS300.



    I've tried several clubs over the past year out of our fitting carts, but nothing has beat them.

    I tried the Apex and the Apex Pros. Didn't like the Pros at all. They felt hard at impact. The Apex was good, but not great. AP2 714 felt hard like the Apex Pros. I tried both the TP MC and the CB. Both were good, but not enough to beat out my irons. The Covert Forged may be a little better, but I didn't think it was worth the money.



    Compared to the PCs, I don't think it's close for me. I had the VR PCs a couple of years ago and liked them, but needed more forgiveness. The VRS forged are easy to work, yet crazy forgiving. I almost ordered a set of the PCs like you have, but chose to stick with mine.


    So your saying its worth the $350 to pick them up?


    If you think you might need a little more forgiveness, then yes. If you're hitting your irons great, then it's a toss up.


    You can always use more forgiveness. My 3 and 4 iron could use a little more hight under them that's for sure.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

    WITB Link
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #22
    MNNikeGuy wrote:

    shakey wrote:

    MNNikeGuy wrote:

    shakey wrote:

    MNNikeGuy wrote:


    How are the VRS forged treating you? GG has them at $450 plus they have a coupon for $150 off if you spend $500. I could get them for $350 plus a dozen balls. I'm very tempted. If all else fails I could put the 3 and 4 iron in my bag for more forgiveness.


    I still love them. This set is much better than the first due to the shafts. The Nippons produce a better ball flight for me over the DGS300.



    I've tried several clubs over the past year out of our fitting carts, but nothing has beat them.

    I tried the Apex and the Apex Pros. Didn't like the Pros at all. They felt hard at impact. The Apex was good, but not great. AP2 714 felt hard like the Apex Pros. I tried both the TP MC and the CB. Both were good, but not enough to beat out my irons. The Covert Forged may be a little better, but I didn't think it was worth the money.



    Compared to the PCs, I don't think it's close for me. I had the VR PCs a couple of years ago and liked them, but needed more forgiveness. The VRS forged are easy to work, yet crazy forgiving. I almost ordered a set of the PCs like you have, but chose to stick with mine.


    So your saying its worth the $350 to pick them up?


    If you think you might need a little more forgiveness, then yes. If you're hitting your irons great, then it's a toss up.


    You can always use more forgiveness. My 3 and 4 iron could use a little more hight under them that's for sure.


    That's a big part for me. My 4 iron launch angle increased between 3 and 4 degrees with the Nippon over the S300. Carry increased almost 10 yds (can't remember the exact Trackman numbers anymore).



    I say go for them.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

    Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7726WRX Points: 285Handicap: 7.1ClubWRX Posts: 7,726 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #23
    I was afraid you'd say that!
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

    WITB Link
  • wldchld22wldchld22  3371WRX Points: 188Members Posts: 3,371 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #24
    How do you like the chrome? Was it tipped? I'm still trying to find a setup that works for me.
    Posted:
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #25
    wldchld22 wrote:


    How do you like the chrome? Was it tipped? I'm still trying to find a setup that works for me.


    I didn't tip the Chrome at all. Just a straight install. I wasn't sure how stiff the shaft would play, so I took the cautious route figuring I could always tip it later.



    It was a smart move. The Chrome feels great and it is really accurate. Only weird thing I guess is that it does t feel near as good in my Perf 1.0 as it does in the 2.0 Tour. I haven't completely figured it out yet, but it definately feels different. The numbers are pretty good in both though.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

    Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Aug 13, 2014 #26
    I recently added a Toe Sweep 58 to the bag. Here are some pics of it and my Oven Raw 58.

    Fairway: So far, my Raw 58 has been better from the fairway. I have a lot of confidence in the Raw 58 and I feel that full shots are just better with it. The half-shots also feel better with it, but I'm getting better from here with the TS. Distance wise, the TS is about five or six yards shorter in carry than my Raw 58. I'm not sure why this is. My first thought was due to a shaft difference (Raw 58 has a Modus 3, TS has a DGS300), but my full shot distance didn't change when I changed my retail VR 58 with a S300 to the Raw 58 with the Modus. I will update this as I test it more.



    Bunkers: No question, the TS wins. My Raw 58 doesn't have enough bounce for me to be very effective out of the bunkers, so I mostly try to avoid them at all costs. With the TS, I have yet to worry about a bunker I've been in. Not saying all the shots have been kick ins or anything, but the shots have been much better.



    Greenside: Both are really good around the greens. Chipping is an area of my game that has really improved over the last few months. I think that the Raw 58 may have the edge on straight forward bump and runs, but the TS seems to be better coming from really thick or buried lies. I have yet to get comfortable with the TS when trying to hit a flop shot. Not sure what's going on there.



    I will continue to update my findings as I continue to test them on course and at the range.



    I also picked up a Method 001. I got bored one night and added some blue paint fill and lead tape. I realized I can never be a fine detail painter. I suck at it. But here's some pics.

    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

    Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7726WRX Points: 285Handicap: 7.1ClubWRX Posts: 7,726 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #27
    Your going to love the TS!
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

    WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Mr_RogersMr_Rogers  119WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 119
    Joined:  edited Aug 13, 2014 #28
    shakey wrote:


    I also picked up a Method 001. I got bored one night and added some blue paint fill and lead tape. I realized I can never be a fine detail painter. I suck at it. But here's some pics.




    I really, really like it.



    Realize this may not be the place, so forgive me if it isn't, but can putters (lie, loft) be adjusted post purchase? I'm really liking Nike's Method putters, but none of my local pro shops carry a tonne of their offerings. They have accounts, but don't regularly stock their shops.



    How is the 58TS treating you?
    Posted:
    Ping i25 10.0 PWR65 S
    Titleist 980F 15.0 Speeder S
    Titleist 910F 19.0 Diamana Kai'li 75
    Nike CF 2.0 4-AW PXi 6.0
    SM4 56
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #7
    WITB Link
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Aug 13, 2014 #29
    Mr_Rogers wrote:

    shakey wrote:


    I also picked up a Method 001. I got bored one night and added some blue paint fill and lead tape. I realized I can never be a fine detail painter. I suck at it. But here's some pics.




    I really, really like it.



    Realize this may not be the place, so forgive me if it isn't, but can putters (lie, loft) be adjusted post purchase? I'm really liking Nike's Method putters, but none of my local pro shops carry a tonne of their offerings. They have accounts, but don't regularly stock their shops.



    How is the 58TS treating you?


    Thanks. I wanted to add blue paint to all the grooves, but after playing a round with a few done, I noticed that some of it had flaked off. I may or may not go ahead and paint them all. Decided on whether or not to do some in white.



    I adjusted this putter once I picked it up. I bumped the loft and made the lie more upright to match the specs of the Proto 11 that David Franklin fitted me for at the Oven. I've only found a couple of putters that I couldn't bend once we "inherited" a putter loft/lie machine at my shop. The 001 was really easy to bend. I don't think I could bend my 11 without damaging the shaft. All depends on how the shaft/hosel work. I had a guy with an old Pole Cat (was an early long putter model...ugly as heck) come in one day. I had to take the shaft off (center shaft that fit over a nub) and then torch the nub until it would bend. Then we had to put the shaft back on to check the lie. Took awhile, but it got done. I couldn't get a heel shafted Cleveland mid-mallet (can't remember the model, but think Odyssey #9) to move at all. Hope this helps some.



    The TS is still pretty new to my bag, so the jury is still out. I picked it up the night before leaving for vacation last week. I've played one full round and two practice sessions with it. I'm gonna add my review to the pics of my two 58s here shortly.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

    Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1  5833WRX Points: 349Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,833 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #30
    Early review of the TS 58 added below the pics. Thanks for reading.

    Any questions, fire them at me.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Ping i E1 3-PW w/CFS Distance Stiff

    Ping Glide 3.0 52SS and 58SS w/DGS300
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • LesmondLesmond  12054WRX Points: 1,116Members Posts: 12,054 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #31
    I just ordered the same Covert 2.0 Performance 3 wood with the Kuro Kage TiNi 70 S. How do you like it?
    Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade M5 9*
    Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
    Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
    Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
    Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 F 50*
    Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 D 60*
    Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

    21Pd3+4L8HL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg
11

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.