Shohei Ohtani - The Babe Ruth of Japanese Baseball

2»

Comments

• frybotfrybot Members  94WRX Points: 40Posts: 94 Fairways
    Pretty good first week, to say the least.<br />
    <br />
    Obviously, opposition will adjust, and the test will be if Ohtani can keep up the pace.<br />
    <br />
    Very exciting for the Angels and for baseball on both sides of the Pacific.<br />
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • jgonz69jgonz69 Members  862WRX Points: 237Posts: 862 Golden Tee
    Saw Ohtani pitch Sunday in Anaheim. He was on fire pitching a no-no for 6 innings until a moron in the crowd mentioned he hadn't given up a hit yet.<br />
    His motion is awesome, changes speed pretty well. Want to see a game where he is the DH.
    Posted:
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods  13074WRX Points: 2,750Handicap: 7.2Posts: 13,074 Marshals
    dcmidnight wrote:
    <br />
    Now reported that Ohtani has a UCL sprain in his throwing elbow. It sounds like something that was known about - which is odd that if it was so known about no one reported it until now. So now you're talking about jacking this kids workload up @ 50% - at least - in terms of season length. And he's apparently had a damaged elbow this whole time.<br />
    <br />
    Report said it "probably" wont affect his ability to pitch in 2018 - and it most likely wont necessitate the need for Tommy John surgery. Probably. I think Babe Ruth is safe for now.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Ohtani now out for a month with this UCL sprain and they are talking about the possibility of Tommy John.<br />
    <br />
    **** this kid was so much fun to watch the last couple months. Just asking a lot of a kid to double his games played with an already bad elbow.
    Posted:
    SIM 12* - HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
    SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s / 3h Ventus S
    SIM 4i / 5i Steelfiber 95s
    M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / 58*
    Toulon Austin 35" / TM TP5x Pix
  • RobNY22RobNY22 Members  416WRX Points: 55Posts: 416 Greens
    Feel bad for the kid, but the reality is that the Angels at some point will need to make a decision on what they want him to be. Tough decision as he looks good on the mound and with the bat in his hands. Hope he get back on the field soon
    Posted:
    PING G25 10.5°
    PING G25 4W/16.5°
    PING G25 3H/20°
    PING i200 4 - UW
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 54°, 58°
    Mizuno M Craft II

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.