What titleist wedge is this?

islande393islande393 Members Posts: 268 ✭✭
Obviously I know it's an after market finish, and that it has been ported, but I spoke with the guy who is selling this and he said that he never changes the stamps or removes, or add stamps. My question is I don't know of any Titleist wedge that has the "titleist" stamp so far over to the toe, any idea what model this is anyone??????

Comments

• taylormadefantaylormadefan Members, ClubWRX Posts: 3,649
  • islande393islande393 Members Posts: 268 ✭✭
    taylormadefan wrote on Apr 27 2006, 02:45 PM:

Looks like the old "High Performance" from 1995

http://www.titleist.com/historical_clubs/details.asp?id=63

high_performance_wedges91.jpg

Thats what I thought too, but the "titleist" is more towards to toe in the picture.
  • golfluvzmegolfluvzme Members Posts: 2,720 ✭✭
    I have seen a few similar to this one. I always assumed that it was the sandwedge to match a set of Tour Models. I noticed the fact that the Titleist was out farther toward the toe, as well. JMO,

LaMont in AZ
  • sandysandy ClubWRX Posts: 4,996
    islande393 wrote on Apr 27 2006, 03:42 PM:

Obviously I know it's an after market finish, and that it has been ported, but I spoke with the guy who is selling this and he said that he never changes the stamps or removes, or add stamps. My question is I don't know of any Titleist wedge that has the "titleist" stamp so far over to the toe, any idea what model this is anyone??????

Looks like one of the Brad Faxon forged wedges that had the chrome stripped and a black finish applied.
  • phelps22phelps22 Cincinnati, OhMembers Posts: 1,902 ✭✭
    Titleist Tour Model.
    Taylormade Original One Mini (11.5*)
    Taylormade M5 5 wood (17*)
    Adams Prototype 20*
    Ping Blueprint 5-P
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 52*, 58*
    Toulon Las Vegas H7
  • peglegpegleg Members Posts: 650 ✭✭
    It's a Titleist Tour Model. They had some inconsistency with the stamping on the older forgings (1980s), so you'll see some variance in exactly where the stamp is. I have an early 80s 7 iron where they **** near missed the club it's so far on the toe...