Lowest launching iron shafts?

bbell6 ·  
bbell6bbell6 Members  41WRX Points: 0Posts: 41
Stiff Flex
What are the lowest launching iron shafts in stiff flex?

Thanks
Posted:

Comments

• ksavy17ksavy17 Members  2625WRX Points: 60Posts: 2,625 Bunkers
    nothing has launched lower than dynamic gold for me and I have tried most
    Posted:
    ST 190G 9* w/Tensei Orange 70X
    Rogue 15* w/EF Blue 75X
    P790 17* w/KK Black 80X
    V6 Tour CB/MB 3-PW w/PX 6.5
    SM7 48F*/54M*/60M* w/DG Onyx S400
    Spider Tour Black
    TP5x
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ed worded word Members  19WRX Points: 0Posts: 19
    i actually wanted to start a topic about this very subject...

i don't find that the dynamic gold is that low launching at all, and i hear all over the place that it's the lowest/very low/nothing flies lower. i just switched very recently to Titleist 735.CM's with DGS300s; previously played Nike CCi Cast with Dynalite Gold X100s which flew much lower when i wanted. the nike's were actually very workable trajectory-wise. with the 735s, i'm having tons of trouble keeping the ball flight down, esp with the shorter irons. don't know if the flex is right for me, but i'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to shaft physics. may need a fitting.

it seems weird that the Dynalite Golds (~20grams lighter than Dynamic Gold), which is advertised as having a HIGH trajectory, flew way lower on stock shots PLUS was workable when i needed it to be, compared to Dynamic Golds, which i can't keep down enough.

am i missing anything here? so to the OP, i'd put Dynalite Golds as a low flying iron, just from experience, but someone prove me wrong. i'm very confused.

-edward
    Posted:
  • mister2coolmister2cool Members  3876WRX Points: 206Posts: 3,876 Titanium Tees
    Ed, your change had a lot more than just shafts.

I had 735cm and CCi forged (not cast). The cast version had a lot more offset, coupled with X stiff shaft, you were making impact much later compared to 735 with S300. The effect is similar to holding your wrist hinge and hit punch shots.

However, I do agree with Ed's conclusion about DG shafts. I went from CCi Forged with S300 to X-Forged with PX 6 Flighted, and the height were reduced dramatically. Granted that I have a slight early release as shown in another thread on this fourm but it's the same swing with both shafts.

So my feeling is PX shafts launch lower than DG. I know there have been many many discussion on this topic on this fourm and everyone seems to have different opinion.
    Posted:
    2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
    2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
    RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
    Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
    Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
    Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
    Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
    Putter... Who needs that?
  • playmuchplaymuch Members  977WRX Points: 95Posts: 977 Golden Tee
    i also hit the px lower than dg
    Posted:
  • azoneazone Members  719WRX Points: 104Posts: 719 Golden Tee
    Technique will give you the launch you need.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.